Man open carrying was robbed of his gun - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Man open carrying was robbed of his gun

Unhappy You guys have got it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by BradAnderson View Post
    I find it hard to believe, that a person was walking alone, and two robbers just appeared from out of nowhere. It could happen if he had was listening to an I-pod or was yakking on a cell phone or otherwise has his head up his ass instead of paying attention to what he was doing, but he'd have to be Helen Keller to get snuck up on if he was paying 2 cents worth of attention to his surroundings like a half-way decent hunter-gatherer. I fail to see how he could have stayed in the gene-pool instead of his ancestors being taken out by a saber-tooth tiger when they were back in the caves.
    Apparently none of you guys have ever done any kind of hunting, never been involved in any combat.

Situational awareness is a must. It is the first line of defense when out on the streets. However, as any combat vet or hunter can attest, when you are being hunted, the advantage is almost always with the hunter.

While situational awareness will help prevent or reduce crimes of opportunity, when you have a BG stalking/hunting you, SA will only go so far.

I am sure that, were I to walk by most people, I could pass within striking distance without raising too many alarms. Does that mean that they are all asleep at the switch?

Get real, guys.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by unas2k5 View Post
    I was walking in Detroit a couple of weeks ago and I noticed 2 black males trying to sneak up on me . I warned my friend that I was walking with.

I wish I had a CPL or I wish I would've knows about OC. The ending would've been those thugs going to jail. SO I KNEW they were going to rob us If I had a fire arm it WASNT going to happen I am always looking back.

This guy must've been walking with his head up in the air. His dogs an idiot too. LOL

Seems like you did a good job at avoiding a confrontation. With your mindset, you may want to seriously consider if it's appropriate for you to be carrying a firearm. Getting away in one piece without confrontation should be your number one priority. Keep in mind folks, having a CPL, CFP, CCW, etc., doesn't authorize us to go out and play "Superman". Leave the crime fighting to the LEO. Going out and looking for trouble is an excellent way to find yourself in a whole lot of legal trouble and possibly result in your loss to RKBA. Be aware of your surroundings and take appropriate action. Using the firearm to defend yourself should be your last choice. If I can find a way to get out of or avoid a "bad" situation without using my firearm, that would be my first choice.

Great job at avoiding the confrontation w/o using a firearm.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

I like to open carry and I am a combat vet. Therefore I am always aware of my surroundings. It's something you just get used to doing. I used to tell my men..."Pay attention to details.It'll save your life and bring you home."....just sayin...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678