Gun belts $$$$
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Gun belts $$$$

  1. #1

    Gun belts $$$$

    Why are gunbelts either really expensive ($50+) or stupid cheap ($12~) and just look like a go kart strap and click seatbelt? I want something leather like, doesn't have to be real, but something that looks like a normal belt but stiff for good open carry. Budget is between $15-30, I prefer quality of price but $50 is a bit much for a damn belt.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

  2.   
  3. #2
    Quality over price*

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

  4. #3

    Gun belts $$$$

    Quote Originally Posted by thomas0792 View Post
    Why are gunbelts either really expensive ($50+) or stupid cheap ($12~) and just look like a go kart strap and click seatbelt? I want something leather like, doesn't have to be real, but something that looks like a normal belt but stiff for good open carry. Budget is between $15-30, I prefer quality of price but $50 is a bit much for a damn belt.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas0792 View Post
    Quality over price*

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    ^^ what he said.

    It all boils down to you wanting either a good one or a cheap one.

    This is what I use, an Alien Gear that's pretty good, but it's a little pricy at 56 bucks. It's only about 45 if you buy it combination with one of their holsters.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas0792 View Post
    Why are gunbelts either really expensive ($50+) or stupid cheap ($12~) and just look like a go kart strap and click seatbelt? I want something leather like, doesn't have to be real, but something that looks like a normal belt but stiff for good open carry. Budget is between $15-30, I prefer quality of price but $50 is a bit much for a damn belt.
    Good gun belts are expensive, because they are made in the USA! Think about that for a moment! If you say that you can't spare a one-time expense of $20 to support a US-based company over some Chinese crap, then you are the problem!

    Concealed Carry Belts - Steel Core Reinforced | Gun Belts

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Good gun belts are expensive, because they are made in the USA! Think about that for a moment! If you say that you can't spare a one-time expense of $20 to support a US-based company over some Chinese crap, then you are the problem!

    Concealed Carry Belts - Steel Core Reinforced | Gun Belts
    And what problem might that be that I am a part of? What a joke. I don't think it's too much to ask to find a mid grade belt for $20-30. You acting as if I'm so kind of strain on American economy is just laughable. If you don't have a belt suggestion then move along. I'm actually quite happy with my wrangler from walmart. I just wanted to see what was out there.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas0792 View Post
    And what problem might that be that I am a part of? What a joke. I don't think it's too much to ask to find a mid grade belt for $20-30. You acting as if I'm so kind of strain on American economy is just laughable. If you don't have a belt suggestion then move along. I'm actually quite happy with my wrangler from walmart. I just wanted to see what was out there.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    I see you're new here so, just tellin' ya to watch it around bofh. Lol. It don't happen too often when he gets accused of being nice.

    But yeah, there's a good set of reasons why you need a good gun belt but you're free to get what you want.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas0792 View Post
    And what problem might that be that I am a part of? What a joke. I don't think it's too much to ask to find a mid grade belt for $20-30. You acting as if I'm so kind of strain on American economy is just laughable. If you don't have a belt suggestion then move along. I'm actually quite happy with my wrangler from walmart. I just wanted to see what was out there.
    As I said, think about it for a moment. There is a reason why good gun belts are expensive. You buy a $500 or more gun and don't have $20 to spare for a good belt? Your priorities are off!

  9. #8
    My gun was not $500. You don't know any thing about me or my priorities. From what I see around here you are one of those guys who loves to start an argument, and arguing over a belt is just ignorant and maybe you should adjust your own priorities instead of concerning yourself with mine. And I have $30 for a decent belt, not $50 for a good belt. I have kids, a wife, a house, car, bills etc as I'm sure you do, and bashing me bc I can't cough up $20 more is just childish. Momma always said "if you can't say anything nice, shut your damn mouth, son"

    So stfu.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas0792 View Post
    My gun was not $500. You don't know any thing about me or my priorities. From what I see around here you are one of those guys who loves to start an argument, and arguing over a belt is just ignorant and maybe you should adjust your own priorities instead of concerning yourself with mine. And I have $30 for a decent belt, not $50 for a good belt. I have kids, a wife, a house, car, bills etc as I'm sure you do, and bashing me bc I can't cough up $20 more is just childish. Momma always said "if you can't say anything nice, shut your damn mouth, son"

    So stfu.
    I assume that your training ammo budget is then $0, right? May be instead of insulting me, you should actually try to read and understand my posts. A $50 or even $80 gun belt will last longer than an initially cheaper normal belt you get at Walmart. The initially more expensive belts are cheaper in the long run. There is a difference between mass-produced normal belts and made-to-order gun belts. There is a difference between belts made in China and belts made by veterans in the USA.

    For the record, I was just answering your question posed in the very first sentence of your OP. It is not my problem that you don't like the answer.

    https://www.originalsoegear.com/coll...s/belts/36to44

  11. #10
    Insulting you? Never did any such thing. I don't even know you, so nothing to insult you with. I just stated that your actions are ignorant and childish. And that may be true, as far as the life of a cheap belt vs a good belt, but the same could be said when buying ANYTHING. That doesn't mean you buy a Benz or nothing at all because all you can afford is the Sentra. We live within our means, my ammo budget is not your concern.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast