Old Schoolhouse Brewery, Winthrop, WA

Thread: Old Schoolhouse Brewery, Winthrop, WA

Thumbs up Old Schoolhouse Brewery, Winthrop, WA

Went to Winthrop, WA, a little tourist town in the Cascade Mountains in Washington for a day trip. The family was shopping and the Old Schoolhouse Brewery caught my eye. So while the family did some shopping only they wanted to do, I stepped in to sample my favorite type of beverage that they might be offering. The law in Washington is no guns in an area of an establishment off-limits to <21 years of age. A 30-ish year old woman followed me in, I sat in the "restaurant" area and she went into the bar area. I overheard parts of the conversion. I caught only small parts of the conversation that ensued.

Woman: "He has a firearm"
    Bartender: "That's the restaurant, this is the bar"
    Woman: "....uncomfortable....."
    Bartender: "I can call the owner if you want"
    Saw the bartender make a phone call.
    Woman did stay at the bar.
    I did stay in the restaurant.
    They made a fantastic dark Imperial IPA! My family joined me a few minutes later and the wife enjoyed their bread pudding.

Anyway, if you are ever in Winthrop, WA, make sure to stop in:
    The Beer at Old School House Brewery - Winthrop Washignton
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Interesting that a craft brewery would have an area where <21 are not permitted, or is that a state law that stipulates that the bar area of a brewery tasting room is >21 only?

There are over 50 craft breweries within 20 miles of my house, and all permit <21 anywhere, and many are kid friendly, from sandboxes to games.

I love a good IPA.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

I don't know the statutory requirements for having an area designated >=21 only, but it's no different than Applebees.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.