Tennessee trying to change laws.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennessee trying to change laws.

1. Tennessee trying to change laws.

Here is a list of the new laws Tennessee is trying to change. I like the ability to carry into parks since I live near Memphis and a lot of crimes happen on or around parks. TN is an open carry state.

A Tennessee legislative study committee on handguns recommended approval of four bills to serve as the basis for legislative action this year, all subject to debate and amendments:

HB962: Allows handgun-carry permit holders to take guns into places serving alcohol until 11 p.m., unless owners post signs banning guns.

HB959: Makes gun-carry permit records confidential and levies fines for publishing them.

HB960: Allows permit holders to carry guns into all state and local parks.

HB961: Allows permit holders to carry handguns into state wildlife management areas.

More info: For more details and to contact lawmakers, go to capitol.tn.gov.

Right on! Hope this works out for all you in Tennessee.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

4. The carry where alcohol is served has been changed recently to where you can carry as long as 60% of sales is from food. Now it looks as if they are trying to go further with it.

5. Quote Originally Posted by SW40MoJo View Post
    The carry where alcohol is served has been changed recently to where you can carry as long as 60% of sales is from food. Now it looks as if they are trying to go further with it.
    How recently? Do you have a link that states this? As far as I can tell, the law still states that carry is prohibited if any alcohol is sold for consumption on the premises. The current law as stated on the TN state website is as follows...

http://www.state.tn.us/safety/handgun/handguntca.htm

39-17-1305. Possession of firearm where alcoholic beverages are served. —

(a) It is an offense for a person to possess a firearm within the confines of a building open to the public where liquor, wine or other alcoholic beverages, as defined in 57-3-101(a)(1)(A), or beer, as defined in 57-6-102(1), are served for on premises consumption.

(b) A violation of this section is a Class A misdemeanor.

(c) The provisions of subsection (a) shall not apply to a person who is:

(1) In the actual discharge of official duties as a law enforcement officer, or is employed in the army, air force, navy, coast guard or marine service of the United States or any member of the Tennessee national guard in the line of duty and pursuant to military regulations, or is in the actual discharge of duties as a correctional officer employed by a penal institution; or

(2) On the person's own premises or premises under the person's control or who is the employee or agent of the owner of the premises with responsibility for protecting persons or property.
    [Acts 1989, ch. 591, 1; 1990, ch. 1029, 4; 2001, ch. 345, 1.]
    Last edited by rrc1962; 02-20-2009 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SW40MoJo View Post
    The carry where alcohol is served has been changed recently to where you can carry as long as 60% of sales is from food. Now it looks as if they are trying to go further with it.
    No sir....it failed in committee last spring, and has not been changed.

It is STILL illegal to carry where alcohol is served.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

7. Quote Originally Posted by PascalFleischman View Post

Yes sir you are correct. I could not find the original article I got that from. I did the research and it appears that it has not changed yet. We will watch and see what happens with the new laws. Thanks for the correction.

Wonder how our two parking and traffic-related, fatal permit-carrier shootings in the last three weeks will affect the odds on these passing?
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

9. A permit carrier made an unjustified shooting? Gotta link?

Quote Originally Posted by rrc1962 View Post
    A permit carrier made an unjustified shooting? Gotta link?
    Look under 2A Area, Disappointing and Fuel for Anti's - should be in top 6-7. Two separate incidents.
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

Quote Originally Posted by PascalFleischman View Post

I can think of a couple of times we both violated that one at lunch, eh Pascal?
    The Avatar is my Great-Great Grandaddy, CPL Samuel Francis Bondurant, Co. D, 4th Alabama, Law's Brigade, Benning's Division, 1st Corp, Army of Northern Virginia, shot through right thigh 2 JUL 1863.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast