2009 National Open Carry Day this year? - Page 2

View Poll Results: If there is a "National Open Carry Day" for 2009 will you participate?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

137 89.54%
  • No

16 10.46%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2009 National Open Carry Day this year?

Sgtbill,

Glad you could make the move to a gun friendly state! Welcome from Alabama!

Does NJ let retired LEO's carry a concealed firearm?

Interesting article

NPR California covers open carry movement in San Diego! - Hot Topics - Open Carry Brigade - OpenCarry.org - Discussion Forum

Posted: Wed Mar 18th, 2009 12:30 am Quote Reply

KPBS > News > Local News

San Diego police fear there may be a growing number of gun activists who want to carry their weapons openly. The trend is part of a national "open carry" movement keen on exercising gun rights. KPBS Reporter Amita Sharma has more.

(Photo from Californiaopencarry.org)
    Last month, about 40 people gathered at Mission Beach wearing unloaded guns on holsters. Panicked beach goers called police but no one was arrested because carrying unloaded firearms is legal in California.

Paul Cooper is an attorney for the police department. He says the practice is dangerous to the public, the people carrying the weapons and to officers.

"We just don't think it's a prudent idea for anyone to walk around openly with an unloaded firearm," Cooper says.

Police think the group is trying to provoke officers. But John Pierce, co-founder of opencarry.org says that's not the case.

"Is it taunting if a gay couple expresses affection in public? None of these things are taunting. They are educational," says Pierce.

Pierce lives in Virginia and says he carries his gun wherever it is legal. Amita Sharma, KPBS News.

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster20 View Post
    Sgtbill,

Glad you could make the move to a gun friendly state! Welcome from Alabama!

Does NJ let retired LEO's carry a concealed firearm?
    Under HR-218 a federal law signed by Pres. Bush several year's ago all L.E.O. have the right to carry in any state as long as they fulfill the criteria of the policy. Be they active or retired.
    Bill

Even though I choose to carry concealed and there are times I actually do carry open which is rare, I wouldn't have a problem with open carry for a day..........here in good ol NH!
    Reasons for my choise of carrying are on another thread on here.
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

I'd participate, but it would really only be another day to me.

I carry openly just about every single day. Including right at this moment. An open carry day wouldn't be any difference to me.

I OC when I'm not at work, so sure :)

I would have one in the car, but that's even less useful than normal, as my parking area is 6 blocks away. (Yeah, I get to walk 6 blocks to and from work unarmed...yucky -- and before anybody says anything, I love my job. Once I'm hired on and not a contractor I will see what the policies are for the building.)
    Taurus PT92
    17+1 9mm

I do not OC and it's not legal in Florida. Beside the less people know that I carry the better
    Raul In Sunny Tavernier, The Florida Keys.
    Glock: Feed it dirt, it'll still work.
    CWFL. Speak softly and carry concealed!

9. Not by the hair on my chinney, chin, chin!

Open carry of a handgun in TX will result in a prolonged stay in Huntsville (home of the Prison Rodeo) at tax payer expense.

Depends on what day of the week it is...

I live in Virginia, so I can open carry... But if I have to work, then hell no. I work slightly to the north, in... ugh.. D.C. :(

Hail to Virginia's right to carry,
    Hail to the Redskins!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast