The Open Carry Argument - Page 10
Page 10 of 62 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 612

Thread: The Open Carry Argument

  1. #91
    The reason I do not Open Carry is simply because I dont want others in the community and my aquaintenances
    to think I am an extremist whacko. It is not that I think that others that open carry are whackos but I do know that
    many feel that way. All of the previous arguments and discussions are good ones but I simply do not have
    the courage to push a lifestyle that I do not overwhelmingly believe is right for me enough to incur
    the social costs. I do agree with others and will support and defend them if they want to open carry
    but if I can get away with "concealed" that is a pretty big step from nothing. In my estimation,
    with having nothing equal to zero, I would say that concealed is a 90 percent and open carry is 98 percent
    of what we can do. To get to 100 I would say that would include all kinds of martial arts classes
    and practice extreme shooting skills regularly.

  2.   
  3. #92
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Carolina USA
    Posts
    1,450
    Quote Originally Posted by preventec47 View Post
    The reason I do not Open Carry is simply because I dont want others in the community and my aquaintenances
    to think I am an extremist whacko. It is not that I think that others that open carry are whackos but I do know that
    many feel that way. All of the previous arguments and discussions are good ones but I simply do not have
    the courage to push a lifestyle that I do not overwhelmingly believe is right for me enough to incur
    the social costs. I do agree with others and will support and defend them if they want to open carry
    but if I can get away with "concealed" that is a pretty big step from nothing. In my estimation,
    with having nothing equal to zero, I would say that concealed is a 90 percent and open carry is 98 percent
    of what we can do. To get to 100 I would say that would include all kinds of martial arts classes
    and practice extreme shooting skills regularly.

    That is a very legimate reason and should be respected.

    I just wish more of the anti-OC crowd would be as honest as you.

  4. #93
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by preventec47 View Post
    The reason I do not Open Carry is simply because I dont want others in the community and my aquaintenances
    to think I am an extremist whacko. It is not that I think that others that open carry are whackos but I do know that
    many feel that way. All of the previous arguments and discussions are good ones but I simply do not have
    the courage to push a lifestyle that I do not overwhelmingly believe is right for me enough to incur
    the social costs. I do agree with others and will support and defend them if they want to open carry
    but if I can get away with "concealed" that is a pretty big step from nothing. In my estimation,
    with having nothing equal to zero, I would say that concealed is a 90 percent and open carry is 98 percent
    of what we can do. To get to 100 I would say that would include all kinds of martial arts classes
    and practice extreme shooting skills regularly.
    While I can respect your opinion and your choice, keep in mind it's the LACK of more people OCing that empowers the stigma that OCers are extremists.

  5. I open carry in Wisconsin. Have for several years. I have had more questions about my open carry from kids than adults. Are you a bounty hunter? Are you a cop? Sir, do you mind if I ask you a question? Why do you have a gun? Etc. Only one azz hole. Have you killed anybody today with that thing? (this from a local hick journalist). Is that thing loaded? Cocked and locked 1911 huh? Many more.

    No one has screamed or run from me calling for the cops.

    If you do not open carry because you are scared, fine. If you choose any of the other arguments out there, not so fine. Why do you drive a car, it might be jacked. (somebody could take it) I can tell you that I would rather be armed than not and my wife feels the same.

    In Wisconsin, we have no choice but to open carry.

    I carry a stainless steel, government sized 1911 in a belt slide holster, daily. Goes on when I wake up and stands ready beside me while I sleep.


    This pic shows the grips I made for her.
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum. . .Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis. . . .Nemo me impune lacessit . . .Veritas vos Liberabit. . . .ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! . . . .Write, speak, do!

  6. #95
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA
    Posts
    8,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    While I can respect your opinion and your choice, keep in mind it's the LACK of more people OCing that empowers the stigma that OCers are extremists.


    That's the truth anyway you cut it.
    ~ Truth Is Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth ~

  7. Nice holster, hardballer! It's funny, I got a leather belt holster for my M9 when I was in Iraq. It's got the Iraq shop logo and stuff on the back, but the snap on the thumb break says "Great Seal of Oklahoma"!

  8. Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Nice holster, hardballer! It's funny, I got a leather belt holster for my M9 when I was in Iraq. It's got the Iraq shop logo and stuff on the back, but the snap on the thumb break says "Great Seal of Oklahoma"!
    Thanks for the compliment LT, I made the holster and it is a thumb break. That is funny about the seal of OK on the snap. He probably bought it on eBay.
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum. . .Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis. . . .Nemo me impune lacessit . . .Veritas vos Liberabit. . . .ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! . . . .Write, speak, do!

  9. #98
    Hardballer, so you are saying the only way you can legally carry in Wisconsin is OPEN CARRY?

    In other words no conceal carry is allowed ?

  10. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by preventec47 View Post
    Hardballer, so you are saying the only way you can legally carry in Wisconsin is OPEN CARRY?

    In other words no conceal carry is allowed ?
    Correct.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

  11. Quote Originally Posted by thedoc96 View Post
    Very well written piece!! I especially like the manner in which you address specific points without making concrete determinations of right and wrong. Probably the most well thought-out piece Ive read in quite a while.
    Here in the Great State of Indiana our laws do not specify OC or CC. My permit simply says "Permit To Carry a Handgun." After a bit of research I have learned there is nothing preventing OC in Indiana. But where I start to get miffed is when the police make up laws and give law abiding respectable citizens a hard time. I live in Northwest Indiana, just moved out of East Chicago. I have read accounts of police hassling and even arresting citizens who were engaging in no illegal activity. Why? Because they were armed!! Officers in these areas dont even bother to check whether the individual is licensed. They arrest them and then it comes to light that the individual was licensed to begin with!! Ok, well charges are dropped obviously, but that arrest stays on a persons record!!!
    Another one I love is police in NWI telling citizens they cannot carry loaded/chambered! Where did this one come from!?!? Once again, police officers making up laws as they go!
    My point in all of this babbling is simply this. Indiana technically allows OC. Is it worth an arrest for me to OC? Probably not. Its a sad state of affairs when the POLICE restrict the free exercise of our rights!! This is the only reason I dont carry OC in NWI.
    Arrest charges under that scenario are NOT on your record. That is not correct info.

    If an officer tries to arrest you for Open carry, and it is indeed legal where you live, you just inform him that it is not an arrestable act, and ask him tp call his supervisor to the scene. When the supervisor gets there, inform him/her that you will comply with their orders, but if they persist in arresting you, it will cost them and the city a lot of money and embarrassment, due to the lawsuit you will file, and the TV coverage of the Keystone Cop event.

    I don't think you'll have a problem if this occurs and you handle it properly. You see, I hate lazy, ignorant cops as much as I hate criminals...because there is no excuse for either one.

Page 10 of 62 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast