The Open Carry Argument - Page 20
Page 20 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 612

Thread: The Open Carry Argument

  1. #191
    The good person carrying a handgun, particularly if they are wearing it in plain sight, always has to worry about a violent criminal attempting to disarm them and murder them or others with their own weapon.
    The good person wearing a nice watch, driving a nice car, walking with an attractive woman, holding hands with their little girl or boy, etc., etc., always has to worry about a violent criminal…
    Whatever, he has proven his ability to speculate. If you ever run into him, ask him if he has any evidence that it has ever happened.
    For many years, an average of one out of five police officer murdered in the line of duty nationwide, were killed with weapons snatched from themselves or their partners…
    That is an absolutely asinine comparison. I’m surprised a man with his background and knowledge would make such stupid statement. I am not aware of any police officer who was ever targeted solely for theft of his firearm. Police officers are disarmed by people with whom they are grappling or attempting to arrest. They aren’t robbed of their firearm out of the blue by someone who wanted it. Has it happened? Probably. But using his own logic, how come the police department never ordered their officers to conceal their sidearm to prevent it from happening again?

  2.   
  3. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainsail View Post
    The good person... ...walking with an attractive woman... ...always has to worry about a violent criminal…
    Especially if that good person is also a woman, unfortunatly hate motivated attacks on gay, lesbian, and bisexual people are all too comman. All the more reason for every gay, lesbian, and bisexual person to carry a firearm!

  4. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Especially if that good person is also a woman, unfortunatly hate motivated attacks on gay, lesbian, and bisexual people are all too comman. All the more reason for every gay, lesbian, and bisexual person to carry a firearm!
    Well, according to the same theory expressed by the concealed carry only crowd (not me), in actuality the gay, lesbian and bisexual crowd should not display their orientation in public in order to prevent crimes being committed against them.

  5. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Well, according to the same theory expressed by the concealed carry only crowd (not me), in actuality the gay, lesbian and bisexual crowd should not display their orientation in public in order to prevent crimes being committed against them.
    Tell that to Big Gay Al.

  6. #195
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Santa Fe Area, New Mexico
    Posts
    3,487
    Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Tell that to Big Gay Al.
    If he's as big as he says and as gay, that's intimidating enough from me!
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

  7. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Well, according to the same theory expressed by the concealed carry only crowd (not me), in actuality the gay, lesbian and bisexual crowd should not display their orientation in public in order to prevent crimes being committed against them.
    I guess they should all get down to their recruiter to get out of the public eye, "In the Navy, Where you can sail the seven seas." "In the Navy, come on protect the motherland." "In the Navy, Oh can't you see we need a hand."

  8. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I guess they should all get down to their recruiter to get out of the public eye, "In the Navy, Where you can sail the seven seas." "In the Navy, come on protect the motherland." "In the Navy, Oh can't you see we need a hand."
    Concealed is concealed. What happens behind the closed hatches stays behind the closed hatches. Unless you are the CO of the Enterprise (CVN 65, not the starship!)

  9. #198
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SE FL and SE OH
    Posts
    5,632
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Concealed is concealed. What happens behind the closed hatches stays behind the closed hatches. Unless you are the CO of the Enterprise (CVN 65, not the starship!)
    That should read Ex-CO now.

  10. #199
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    CO/PA/MD
    Posts
    1
    Well I open carry i was really anxouse to at first thinking i would draw alot of bad attention..... my first attempt was a lil of a shocker but i just push my self into it. I called the police verified that i really could do it.... So me and my friends went to the mall.... and i walked in and it went pretty well i did get some younger girls who were extremly fasicnated with it.... I did how ever get some notice form the law too.... After a short talk with him he talk to me a little bit about it.... He told me that it is always good to maintain a descent look ( not look trashy or like a thug) witch i didn't i am very clean cut I am us miltary.... and maybe not were a drop leg...... but lesson learned ...... no real hassle he was just makeing sure all was in order so i got a paddle holster and i really didn't have any issue after that ..... I have been noticed befor .... but not any negitive out comes just be calm polite and don't put ur hand on the weapon and u will be fine......I now do it in multiple states and I have never been hasseled since that day.... Enjoy your rights i am fighting for them..

  11. #200
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Eastern Colorado
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainsail View Post
    The good person wearing a nice watch, driving a nice car, walking with an attractive woman, holding hands with their little girl or boy, etc., etc., always has to worry about a violent criminal…
    Whatever, he has proven his ability to speculate. If you ever run into him, ask him if he has any evidence that it has ever happened.

    That is an absolutely asinine comparison. I’m surprised a man with his background and knowledge would make such stupid statement. I am not aware of any police officer who was ever targeted solely for theft of his firearm. Police officers are disarmed by people with whom they are grappling or attempting to arrest. They aren’t robbed of their firearm out of the blue by someone who wanted it. Has it happened? Probably. But using his own logic, how come the police department never ordered their officers to conceal their sidearm to prevent it from happening again?
    Agreed. Ayoob is a heck of a writer and a fountain of knowledge. This doesn't means he know all or is right on everything though. There simply is no evidence to back up his claims.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Page 20 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast