The Open Carry Argument - Page 21
Page 21 of 62 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: The Open Carry Argument

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    If he's as big as he says and as gay, that's intimidating enough from me!
    I'll only admit to being big, and being called "Al." Beyond that, all I'll say is, "Does my gun clash with my purse?"
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Agreed. Ayoob is a heck of a writer and a fountain of knowledge. This doesn't means he know all or is right on everything though. There simply is no evidence to back up his claims.
    I've read a lot of Mas Ayoob's opinions over the years. I respect the man for all the work he's done. But I don't agree with all of his opinions.

Thumbs up Big Gay Al's Big Gay Shooting Day

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    I'll only admit to being big, and being called "Al." Beyond that, all I'll say is, "Does my gun clash with my purse?"
    Does the local range post flyers for "Big Gay Al's Big Gay Shooting Day"? I couldn't resist another Southpark referance.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Does the local range post flyers for "Big Gay Al's Big Gay Shooting Day"? I couldn't resist another Southpark referance.
    Hey, that's an idea!!

I must have let this one slip by me. Aparently I posted that post on Big Gay Al's Big Gay 55th Birthday. Happy Birthday Al, and I hope you enjoyed a slice of Big Gay Birthdaycake.

I must have let this one slip by me. Aparently I posted that post on Big Gay Al's Big Gay 55th Birthday. Happy Birthday Al, and I hope you enjoyed a slice of Big Gay Birthdaycake.
    My doctors say it's not good for me anymore. But what they don't know, won't hurt me.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    My doctors say it's not good for me anymore. But what they don't know, won't hurt me.
    You might try making the cake and icing with Splenda, instead of sugar, if that is the main concern.

You might try making the cake and icing with Splenda, instead of sugar, if that is the main concern.
    I used to think that sugar was the main concern for diabetics, it's actually carbs. Apparently carbs turn to sugar, or something like that, so have to watch the carb intake. What I found really odd, they don't mind if I use brown sugar. I'm still trying to figure that one out.

Seems to me OC'ers and CC'ers like to argue about which way is better. But in the end we much decide for ourselves how we want to carry as long as it is within the laws of the state. I have a 21 year old son and he is uncomfortable carrying with one in the chamber. I have told him its like carrying around a paper weight but he is the one who must make the decision not me. We both CC but I am not at all against OC. I just like to keep a low profile. Maybe in the future I will do some OC. But that is my choice. So I think we all need to start supporting each other more no matter how we decide to carry. Just as long as we carry and try our best to educate others as to why we believe it is important to carry. Have a nice day everyone and God bless.

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Seems to me OC'ers and CC'ers like to argue about which way is better. But in the end we much decide for ourselves how we want to carry as long as it is within the laws of the state. I have a 21 year old son and he is uncomfortable carrying with one in the chamber. I have told him its like carrying around a paper weight but he is the one who must make the decision not me. We both CC but I am not at all against OC. I just like to keep a low profile. Maybe in the future I will do some OC. But that is my choice. So I think we all need to start supporting each other more no matter how we decide to carry. Just as long as we carry and try our best to educate others as to why we believe it is important to carry. Have a nice day everyone and God bless.
    The big problem is some CCers are RABIDLY anti-OC. They've had it ingrained in them that OC is "bad" and CC is "good." Never mind that in most of the states that haven't outlawed it, CC is a "privilege" and OC is a right.

Some OCers can't get past the idea that as long as they're in a shall issue state, the see that as exercising their right. Never mind they still have to pay for a license/permit and still have certain hoops they have to jump through. You can't tell them it's not a right, long as they get theirs.

Me, I OC/CC by the season. In winter time, I CC more than OC. In warmer months, I OC more than CC. Which is why I do have a CPL. Also so I don't have to take my pistol off before I get in my car. :)

Page 21 of 62 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast