The Open Carry Argument - Page 22
Page 22 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: The Open Carry Argument

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    The big problem is some CCers are RABIDLY anti-OC. They've had it ingrained in them that OC is "bad" and CC is "good." Never mind that in most of the states that haven't outlawed it, CC is a "privilege" and OC is a right. :)
    Great words Al, can't put it any plainer then that. Just wish SC would understand the message concerning OC, It's a Right!
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Great words Al, can't put it any plainer then that. Just wish SC would understand the message concerning OC, It's a Right!
    I could say the same for a number of states. Texas, Florida, Indiana, Hawaii, Illinois, New York, and more than a few others. The reason I mention Indiana, you need a permit to OC there. So it's a a privilege in Indiana, as well as some other states, like Minnesota, Tennessee, Mississippi, Utah, and Georgia.

But I keep hoping others will follow the example of Arizona and Alaska. :)
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    The big problem is some CCers are RABIDLY anti-OC. They've had it ingrained in them that OC is "bad" and CC is "good."
    Is that like, "Four legs good, two legs bad."?

I couldn't resist an Orwellian refferance.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Is that like, "Four legs good, two legs bad."?

I couldn't resist an Orwellian refferance.
    Actually, I think it's more like Ford vs. Chevy. :)

Although carry concealed all the time am pushing for Open Carry in Texas.

You guys knock it off before I pull out my banning stick. I've been through enough already this week and won't be tolerating much more.
    Last edited by lukem; 02-09-2011 at 11:41 AM.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    You guys knock it off before I pull out my banning stick. I've been through enough already this week without and won't be tolerating much more.
    So, what was the question?

See, I can't even type a complete sentence at this point! I'm really looking forward to this week being over!

Anyway, lets get this thread back on subject. If you want to flame with each other go somewhere else.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    See, I can't even type a complete sentence at this point! I'm really looking forward to this week being over!

Anyway, lets get this thread back on subject. If you want to flame with each other go somewhere else.
    I've had my share of bad weeks, last one being 4 weeks ago, when I fell and broke my ankle.

Anyway, I don't think we're going to get everyone to agree on Open Carry. It's probably the biggest single issue that could potentially rip the 2a community in half. I think the best thing, for everyone is to simply agree to disagree. It will take time before we are shown who's right, and who's wrong. Until that happens, it's just conjecture for now. Myself, I will OC and CC, depending on weather and the location. I'm sorry, but there are SOME places I don't feel it's appropriate to show my gun.

That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.

OK. On "target" and succinct.

Against OC. Why?

1) Why give the BGs a heads up on your capability to resist their efforts? (Or a first target to take out?)

2) Why give any number of society's "busy bodies" a reason to pull out their cell phones and dial 911 in their usual reaction to seeing a gun? (EEEEWWWWW! A GUN!)

3) I'd hate to give a pickpocket an easy mark. I don't run so well any more to try to catch a "grab and run" operator.

4) I don't carry to make a "Political Statement". I carry for tactical considerations.

Simple as that.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Page 22 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast