The Open Carry Argument - Page 24
Page 24 of 62 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: The Open Carry Argument

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    Just wanted to be clear. Some people use the excuse of wanting "tactical surprise." To my way of thinking, self defense isn't tactics, it's simply a way to keep on living.

To me, the most important thing I've learned from OC, is my situational awareness has picked up considerably. With OC, it has to. From my point of view, that's a positive change. That, and I really do enjoy pissing off the few namby pamby liberals I run across from time to time.
    In combat situations, tactics ARE the way to stay alive.... for the most part.

As for situational awareness.... I am always aware of what is going on around me. Call it a carry over from my Military days. You won't catch me falling into a mall pool while "texting".... Probably why I have managed from EVER having an "automobile accident". All ya gots to do is pay attention and it's half the battle.

Tactics. Believe it or not, my wife and I "drill" on contingencies vis a vis BGs. Home invasions. Group assault. One on one street encounters. Car encounters. Everything I can think of.

Fortunately, she is ex-Marine too and understands the "drill". LOL!

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

How I carry is my personal consideration, I woke up this morning in the U.S.A. as such I am innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, how I chose to carry has nothing to do with me being a good guy or bad guy, it is a choice pure and simple, I chose to carry and you chose to have free speech, which I assume and hope you would defend with your life, If you assume any of our freedoms can be dropped by the wayside you may as well chose all of them, 2nd amemdment protects all the rest, I find it intersting that second to free speech was the ability to arm and defend yourself. It seems our founding fathers were a whole lot smarter than our current bunch of loosers.

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    As for situational awareness.... I am always aware of what is going on around me. Call it a carry over from my Military days. You won't catch me falling into a mall pool while "texting".... Probably why I have managed from EVER having an "automobile accident". All ya gots to do is pay attention and it's half the battle.

Tactics. Believe it or not, my wife and I "drill" on contingencies vis a vis BGs. Home invasions. Group assault. One on one street encounters. Car encounters. Everything I can think of.

Fortunately, she is ex-Marine too and understands the "drill". LOL!

GG
    I can relate on all points, well except for the military part.....and the wife part...
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

Thumbs down "Tactical"

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    Just wanted to be clear. Some people use the excuse of wanting "tactical surprise." To my way of thinking, self defense isn't tactics, it's simply a way to keep on living.

To me, the most important thing I've learned from OC, is my situational awareness has picked up considerably. With OC, it has to. From my point of view, that's a positive change. That, and I really do enjoy pissing off the few namby pamby liberals I run across from time to time.
    "Tactical" is an adjective invented by gun magazines to sell cool accessories, because they are "tactical".

Good job tweeking the namby pamby liberals.

Not trying to p**s on any body's parade, but how many of you hardcore OC guys carry this way because for one reason or the other you can't get a concealed permit? Guns are pretty easy to get, takes a little more to get a permit to carry. Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by missoak View Post
    Not trying to p**s on any body's parade, but how many of you hardcore OC guys carry this way because for one reason or the other you can't get a concealed permit? Guns are pretty easy to get, takes a little more to get a permit to carry. Just wondering.
    I have a Concealed Pistol License, so I can exercise my "privilege" granted to me by the state, to carry concealed. Carrying openly is my right. No license needed for that.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

Nope, my record is squeaky clean. I even went and took the class, just never got around to going to the Sheriff's office to turn it in. Now my state is seriously considering CC without a license so I think I'll save the other 60 bucks. But even then, I'll still OC.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

Don't worry your not, my parade is up wind :)
    I open carry. Got my CPL before I know oc was legal. As you know loaded car carry is illegal in MIch without a CPL here so I keep renewing it.

10. Quote Originally Posted by missoak View Post
    I have my WA state CPL so that I can exercise the privilege the state extends to me to carry a loaded handgun in a vehicle with it. I also have a Top Secret military clearance. Thank you for playing.

I'd say probably darn few. In most "shall issue" states anyone who can legally buy a gun can get a CHL...they certainly can in my state.

I am far from a "hard core" OC guy though...I am a CCer who will sometimes take off his cover garment if weather or activities make it more comfortable.

Page 24 of 62 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast