The Open Carry Argument - Page 26
Page 26 of 62 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: The Open Carry Argument

Quote Originally Posted by santa View Post
    I personally believe that concealed carry is best in my situation. I have open-carried a few times but have decided that cc is best for me. It seems that all the arguements have been made and each side has its points. However I will support any legislation strengthing the RIGHT of every law abiding citizen to carry a gun however he or she sees fit.
    +1
    Our rights are paramount.
    how each of us chooses to exercise our rights is up to us individually and everyone else should just keep their nose out of it.

3. Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    I have my WA state CPL so that I can exercise the privilege the state extends to me to carry a loaded handgun in a vehicle with it. I also have a Top Secret military clearance. Thank you for playing.
    LT are you still in the Navy? And do you still have that clearance?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Ruger357SP101 View Post
    Actually, I'll have to track down the link again, but I did cross a story where a gun who was carrying openly was targeted and his gun was stolen from him right out of his holster.
    Had the gun been concealed the bad guy wouldnt have known it was there.
    I'll try to find the story again and post it when I do.
    I'll save you the trouble:

Man Legally Carrying Gun Robbed at Gunpoint | Today's TMJ4 - Milwaukee, Wisconsin News, Weather, Sports, WTMJ | Local News

5. Quote Originally Posted by Jarheadcool View Post
    LT are you still in the Navy? And do you still have that clearance?
    I am still in the Navy. I am no longer in the position which requires the clearance.

Seriously, it's common knowledge...it's not that big of a deal. Just a minute, I have to see what those guys in suits that just got out of the black SUV knocking at my door want...

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    I am still in the Navy. I am no longer in the position which requires the clearance.
    I heard you that you are soon to be NavyLTCMDR, or however O4 is abreviated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger357SP101 View Post
    Actually, I'll have to track down the link again, but I did cross a story where a gun who was carrying openly was targeted and his gun was stolen from him right out of his holster.
    Had the gun been concealed the bad guy wouldnt have known it was there.
    I'll try to find the story again and post it when I do.
    I know the story, NavyLT has provided a link for. The problem is, it happened in Wisconsin. They don't allow concealed carry there at all.

I also have to add, there is some skepticism in certain circles that the event may have been "staged," as they are trying to push for a concealed carry law. And at the time, the democratic governor and others had said "they don't need concealed carry, since they can carry openly."

They have a Republican in office now, and control of both houses, so maybe they'll get a concealed carry law passed this time. Assuming they can get the democratic lawmakers to return and iron out the rest of their legislative problems.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I heard you that you are soon to be NavyLTCMDR, or however O4 is abreviated.
    Somehow, I don't think he's gonna change his handle. Unless the forum owner lets him.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    Somehow, I don't think he's gonna change his handle. Unless the forum owner lets him.
    But it will be in my signature line! I've been selected for LCDR (Lieutenant Commander). It's just a matter of Congress freeing up money in the budget for the actual promotion and pay raise. Supposedly June 1, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Say what you want but federal gun free zones are "federal" and LEO's from out of state are subject to the LAW, don't agree with it, but if you are going to enforce the LAW on Law abiding citizens then why not on LEO's, fairness doctrine>

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    I've been selected for LCDR (Lieutenant Commander).
    Congratulations.

Page 26 of 62 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast