The Open Carry Argument - Page 35
Page 35 of 62 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 612

Thread: The Open Carry Argument

  1. Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    That officer wants to go home safely at the end of his/her shift.
    If I don't attempt to shoot the officer with my gun, I have done nothing to hinder their going home safely at the end of his/her shift, regardless of whther or not I tell them about my gun or permit, and regardless of whether or not they find out about my gun or permit.

    The biggest action I can take to help ensure the safetly of the officer is to pull over in the safest possible place I can find, farthest away from busy traffic, which is exactly what I have done when stopped.

    Now THAT seems to be common sense to me.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  2.   
  3. #342
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    If it walks like a duck.............

    Uh, you're wrong about the 99% don't ride Harleys too. I ride a Harley, and have for years, and I carry a Smith& Wesson.
    So you are saying 99% of gun owners ride harley's and carry s&w? I don't know how big you are...but you can't possibly comprise of 99% of the gun owners.

    Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    And how will you be dressed for this event? Will all of you ride up on your Harleys, dressed in black leather jackets and chaps, with Studded Leather holster belts holding S&W 357 magnums? What image do YOU think that projects to the innocent public? In a city/county park where families are walking their dogs and children.
    So you are a self proclaimed Harley rider that carries a S&w. If this is the image you do not find acceptable, why do you represent yourself this way?

    Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post

    And the "meet & greets" aren't what you say they are either. They are "staged" events to make a political point. Just like Occupy Wall Streeters. Heck, at least have the guts to say what you're doing. I've seen them on TV and in gun Magazines, and I didn't like them, so I'm positive it didn't present well to our opponents.
    Here are a neat find the differences pictures I promised you.

    The Open Carry Argument-differences2.jpg

    The Open Carry Argument-differences.jpg

  4. #343
    Thanks for the time to write this, as it was some very good reading. Everyone has their own reasons for what they do and why they do it, I will nto knock anyone for open carry, as I do this from time to time, escpecially when around home, and our little town, pop about 150ish.. however I also CC quite often when going to the '' big city ;;. course that is my preferance. I prefer to be the only one konwing I have a gun untill it is time for someone to not know I have a gun.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

  5. #344
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vickery, (Whites Landing) Ohio
    Posts
    110
    Yeah, the NYC, Chicago, other no gun cities? Total BS! They got a gun problem that doesn't have anything to do with the legal carry of law abiding citizens? Just like the "NO GUNS" signs...only the criminals can carry there? Idiots! They got more cops then any other cities in the US, and they still can't protect me from the gun thug if I'm not permitted to carry there. I'd be dead before they got there?

    If they did some research, they'd find that cities, counties, and other states are reporting declines in the number of violent crimes involving firearms throughout the U.S. More guns doesn't = more crime? More guns mean less crime, because the criminals don't always know who's carrying a gun to protect themselves.

    It's funny that we arm our military to the teeth to protect that soldier? Ever heard anyone say, "hey, this guy doesn't need that side arm...just give him a couple grenades instead." No you don't! He gets his side arm, his grenades, his sniper rifle, his grenade launcher, etc....Why? Because we want him to be able to protect himself from someone trying to kill him. But we can't do that in NYC, Chicago, D.C.? Makes perfect sense to me? How about you?
    "Governments don't live together, people live together. With governments you don't always get a fair word or a fair fight. Well, I've come to give you either one. Or get either one from you." Josie Wales

  6. #345
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lacey, WA
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by ESD View Post

    It's funny that we arm our military to the teeth to protect that soldier? Ever heard anyone say, "hey, this guy doesn't need that side arm...just give him a couple grenades instead." No you don't! He gets his side arm, his grenades, his sniper rifle, his grenade launcher, etc....Why? Because we want him to be able to protect himself from someone trying to kill him. But we can't do that in NYC, Chicago, D.C.? Makes perfect sense to me? How about you?
    Sorry if it's been mentioned before, but I didn'nt feel like reading through 35 pages.
    21 years in the Army, but we can't carry on post CC or OC in or out of uniform (unless you are a whacked out terrorist). Double face palm. I can carry locked and loaded at my bank, but most of the time when deployed I have more restrictions on how I carry? Note: this statement is made in WA state. Frustrating.

  7. And don't forget, in the military you cannot carry while in uniform off base, either...
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  8. #347
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vickery, (Whites Landing) Ohio
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Sorry if it's been mentioned before, but I didn'nt feel like reading through 35 pages.
    21 years in the Army, but we can't carry on post CC or OC in or out of uniform (unless you are a whacked out terrorist). Double face palm. I can carry locked and loaded at my bank, but most of the time when deployed I have more restrictions on how I carry? Note: this statement is made in WA state. Frustrating.
    Yeah, I was stationed out in WA. State 84'-early 85'. Ft. Lewis, 277th Armor Batt. Apparently they don't call it that anymore? I think it's called something else under Armored Cavalry? The 33rd or something, I'm not sure?

    We've covered quite alot of different issues under this topic, but you're point is yet another good one? What is our country coming too?
    "Governments don't live together, people live together. With governments you don't always get a fair word or a fair fight. Well, I've come to give you either one. Or get either one from you." Josie Wales

  9. #348
    I'm glad to be in Indiana.....no restrictions on how you would like to carry !!! I mostly OC, but when warranted, I do CC.

    America.....love it or leave it !!!

  10. Wondering if restrictions on service members might have something to do with some misguided PC worries about perception of armed military moving among the civilian population? Way I see it, you guys are better trained than most of us, I'd welcome you out here when you're off duty. And anyway, you didn't give up your citizenship when you took the oath, right?

    Thanks to all of you for your service.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by gonzogeezer View Post
    Wondering if restrictions on service members might have something to do with some misguided PC worries about perception of armed military moving among the civilian population? Way I see it, you guys are better trained than most of us, I'd welcome you out here when you're off duty. And anyway, you didn't give up your citizenship when you took the oath, right?

    Thanks to all of you for your service.
    Instances like the Kent State shooting certainly have a part in it. And the military is not here for law enforcement (except in extreme circumstances, and then we are supposed to be deployed to protect the citizens, not do government work like confiscating firearms). So I think it is the image of armed and uniformed military personnel walking around and the immediate associations with a police state that the government wants to avoid. And the government does not want liability if a uniformed military member does shoot someone, even in self defense. I think a fair compromise would be for the government to allow us to wear concealed firearms while in uniform, I would have no real problem with not being able to open carry in uniform, but I don't like not being able to wear any gun in uniform that isn't issued for official duty.

    The prohibition on carrying firearms in uniform is actually the uniform regulations, although, I suppose a female could carry a gun in her purse off base, and males could carry a gun in a backpack off base, so long as the purse and/or backpack was carried according to uniform regulations - not that that would be of much value in a self-defense situation.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 35 of 62 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast