The Open Carry Argument - Page 36
Page 36 of 62 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 612

Thread: The Open Carry Argument

  1. Does anyone have any more information on this story? I can't find anything else on this story.


  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    Does anyone have any more information on this story? I can't find anything else on this story.
    The only info we have is that it was an armed robbery. If you look at that area's crime statistics, armed robberies are fairly common there. There is no evidence to suggest that his openly carried firearm had anything to do with it. He could have just as easily been walking down the street with no firearm and still been robbed by a criminal with a gun. At the time, in Wisconsin where this happened, there was no lawful ability to carry concealed. So it was either a choice of open carry or not at all.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  4. Here in Georgia OC is on the raise. I Now see up to 3 people carrying on any day. What I find strange is what they are carrying. I understand 38's nines and 45s. But what is the point of a 25. For me , that would be CC only.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    The only info we have is that it was an armed robbery. If you look at that area's crime statistics, armed robberies are fairly common there. There is no evidence to suggest that his openly carried firearm had anything to do with it. He could have just as easily been walking down the street with no firearm and still been robbed by a criminal with a gun. At the time, in Wisconsin where this happened, there was no lawful ability to carry concealed. So it was either a choice of open carry or not at all.
    I'm not debating whether or not open carry is a good idea. I'm just wanting to know if they caught the suspect or not, or recovered the gun? If anyone has any update please let me know.

  6. #355
    I get tired of the argument over open and concealed carry fairly quickly. I many states open carry will get you nothing but harassment or arrest because it is either not legal or not tolerated. If you don't wish to spend time making your point in the back of a squad car you open carry only where open carry is a common practice. Concealed carry or open carry in the most accepted manner will go a long way toward personal protection, meeting legal mandates, and causing less friction from law enforcement and the public.

  7. #356
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by shermr View Post
    I get tired of the argument over open and concealed carry fairly quickly. I many states open carry will get you nothing but harassment or arrest because it is either not legal or not tolerated. If you don't wish to spend time making your point in the back of a squad car you open carry only where open carry is a common practice. Concealed carry or open carry in the most accepted manner will go a long way toward personal protection, meeting legal mandates, and causing less friction from law enforcement and the public.
    If you are or get tired of OC vs CC, why are you posting in "The Open Carry Argument" thread? I ask because this debate has been going on for a long time, and I do not see it ending anytime soon. Even if all of us move on, the next generation will undoubtedly keep it going either here or in another thread.

    I agree in many states it will bring harassment more so than other states. This map shows the 99 most deadly cities. (I know I put 100 when I made the picture, but after rereading the list, there is a missing number). I would agree with you that open carry will have a harder time in the Eastern side of the US. I base that off of how others have posted in this OC vs CC debate and where I believe they are located, related to the map.

    The Open Carry Argument-top-100.jpg

    What I don't agree with, is "nothing" but harassment. There is a lot more to OC than getting harassed. That is a part, but being a gun owner you will get harassed as well. Even in the most unfriendly OC states where it is legal, there is a lot more to OC than just harassment.

    Let me ask you this. If open carry is legal, and the police are making law abiding citizens spend time in the back of a squad car, where is the problem? Open carrying? Or the police?

  8. Quote Originally Posted by shermr View Post
    I many states open carry will get you nothing but harassment or arrest because it is either not legal or not tolerated.
    Should what is tolerated or not be a basis for us to decide which method of LEGAL carry is right for us? If I evaluate my location and circumstances and decide that open carry is the most effective method of defending myself and my family, and open carry is legal, I don't particularly care about the tolerance of LEO, soccer mom, or the concealed carry only guy who insists on making rude comments to me. I am going to base how I carry my gun on two factors: what is legal, which is most effective.

    And there are times when I do decide that concealed carry is best - but "tolerance" has no bearing on that decision.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  9. #358
    Quote Originally Posted by shermr View Post
    I get tired of the argument over open and concealed carry fairly quickly. I many states open carry will get you nothing but harassment or arrest because it is either not legal or not tolerated. If you don't wish to spend time making your point in the back of a squad car you open carry only where open carry is a common practice. Concealed carry or open carry in the most accepted manner will go a long way toward personal protection, meeting legal mandates, and causing less friction from law enforcement and the public.
    Washington was like that at one time. Do you know how we stopped the police harassment of open carry in Tacoma and Seattle? We carried openly!

    I personally know of an open carrier who walked away with a tidy sum of money for police harassment, and trust me that also stops it.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Mainsail View Post
    Washington was like that at one time. Do you know how we stopped the police harassment of open carry in Tacoma and Seattle? We carried openly!
    Worked in Oak Harbor, WA, as well.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  11. #360
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR:250292
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainsail View Post
    Washington was like that at one time. Do you know how we stopped the police harassment of open carry in Tacoma and Seattle? We carried openly!
    Worked in Oak Harbor, WA, as well.
    Worked in Kennewick, WA, as well.

Page 36 of 62 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast