The Open Carry Argument - Page 43
Page 43 of 62 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: The Open Carry Argument

Quote Originally Posted by NotTwoShure View Post
    Wow, I never stop thanking my Mom and Dad for moving to Arizona. This just is a no issue here. Cocked and Locked in not even noticed. PG.
    Not quite sure what to make of your response....

I was only stating that;

Vermont is a Constitutional Carry State:
    No permit system.. Period. Pass your 4473, buy your gun and ammo and from there, carry it as you see fit. Either CONCEALED or OPENLY, no CCW required. No Guberment Permission Slip involved.

I was not aware that in Arizona you could CONCEAL carry without the Guberment Permission Slip. I know you can open carry there without one. Please, if I am wrong, set me straight, no harm no foul.

Where did you move from before going to AZ?

I guess I mean to say that I am reading your post to imply that "thank God" you left Vermont. If I am reading it wrong, I do apologize!

Sent from behind enemy lines.

3. Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    I was not aware that in Arizona you could CONCEAL carry without the Guberment Permission Slip. I know you can open carry there without one. Please, if I am wrong, set me straight, no harm no foul.
    Arizona no longer requires a permit for a person >21 years old to conceal. That changed last year.

I wonder if KSDeputy will come back to respond to our replies.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Well...

I OC'd while I took my loving wife to Big Boy in Bridgeport Michigan for lunch today. Many folks glanced at my sidearm yet no one much cared and just went on eating their lunches.

On the way out at the cash register the manager was taking some money out of the register (I'm guessing to make a "drop" so there isn't a lot of cash sitting in the register) and he struck up a very friendly conversation with us because I saw his nametag and mentioned that he and I share the same first names.

So... now all those who say that open carry "scares" people.... chew on this...

I'm standing there wearing my gun in plain sight (and yes he saw it) while the manager has a handful of money and his response is to have a friendly conversation ... and keep right on taking money out of the register. And then!!!!! MY GOD!!! That manager let me pay my bill!!!!! And then he wished a sincere and smiling "Have a good day" to both my wife and I.

I mean... can you imagine the horror of it all?

I just recently started carrying openly once in a while, I just started a new job and while we do not carry at work, no rule against but given the work its just not a good idea, so it go's in the consol while at work and back in the holster on the way home and to whatever stops I make, and I used to cover it by pulling out my t-shirt it was covered but did not hide much, and it looked a bit sloppy, so one day my wife and I when to one of our regular places for dinner and I just stuck my G-23 in its holster and went in to eat, I got a couple looks but that was about it, and then went to wally world same deal, no issues at all...........now I'm not advocating open or concealed, but after having carryed for a good number of years I do have to admit quick access to your weapon is much better, so I would have to say do whatever you please open or concealed
    Bad Guys of the world beware the next time you think about jumping on a old guy, because its a fair bet he's to old to fight and probably to fat to run, but can put one in your eye at 50ft with his weak hand

Quote Originally Posted by kerb View Post
    We're not all like that. Some of us choose to cc and not only don't pass judgement on those who OC, but fully support them.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    I wasn't saying everybody, but it just seems to me that the CC only group are for the most part more opinionated about how people should carry. (Oh wait, that sounds like a stereotype?) However for the the most part the OC people, are like; hey do what you like, and is legal. If I'm outside for an extended period of time in cold/wet weather I will CC because of the clothing requirement. Some people think that EVERYBODY should/must CC even if not required so that we don't "scare" people. If they are scared of an inanimate object they need counseling I can't provide. Anyway, my comment was directed to the CC only no matter what crowd. I'm with the belief that if what you are doing is legal, then who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Well...

I OC'd while I took my loving wife to Big Boy in Bridgeport Michigan for lunch today. Many folks glanced at my sidearm yet no one much cared and just went on eating their lunches.

On the way out at the cash register the manager was taking some money out of the register (I'm guessing to make a "drop" so there isn't a lot of cash sitting in the register) and he struck up a very friendly conversation with us because I saw his nametag and mentioned that he and I share the same first names.

I'm standing there wearing my gun in plain sight (and yes he saw it) while the manager has a handful of money and his response is to have a friendly conversation ... and keep right on taking money out of the register. And then!!!!! MY GOD!!! That manager let me pay my bill!!!!! And then he wished a sincere and smiling "Have a good day" to both my wife and I.

I once held the door open for the armed guard with a dolly full of money coming out of my bank. Instead of freaking out he said........wait for it.........."Thank you".

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I wonder if KSDeputy will come back to respond to our replies.
    Boy, I sure hope not!

Sent from behind enemy lines.

9. Personally I think it is a personal choice whether someone open carries if allowed in that state. Myself, I dont really care if someone see's my .40 cal or not. I have a CCW and am allowed open carry in Michigan. I believe that sometimes it's a deterent if someone is thinking about causing great bodily harm to me or those in my immediate area. I am disabled now and cant fight back like I did when i was younger. Big gun, Big hole. James NRA member and 2nd ammendment supporter. God Bless America

Quote Originally Posted by JMKQR View Post
    Personally I think it is a personal choice whether someone open carries if allowed in that state. Myself, I dont really care if someone see's my .40 cal or not. I have a CCW and am allowed open carry in Michigan. I believe that sometimes it's a deterent if someone is thinking about causing great bodily harm to me or those in my immediate area. I am disabled now and cant fight back like I did when i was younger. Big gun, Big hole. James NRA member and 2nd ammendment supporter. God Bless America
    What I like about open carry is that most states believe it's a Right, and we aren't just "allowed" like they regulate concealed carry.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Well...

I was terrified just reading about it. ;)
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Page 43 of 62 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast