The Open Carry Argument - Page 44
Page 44 of 62 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 612

Thread: The Open Carry Argument

  1. #431
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Northeast Alabama
    Posts
    3,366
    Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    I wasn't saying everybody, but it just seems to me that the CC only group are for the most part more opinionated about how people should carry......
    I think that's just a perception. Maybe the majority of the CC only group who choose to comment about OC are like that, but I'm betting that most CC only people are just like kerb and myself. They fully support whatever carry choice you decide to make. They just don't all choose to wade into this seemingly never ending argument, so you aren't really aware of that support. It's like the old 'squeaky wheel' thing.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

  2.   
  3. #432
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by KSDeputy View Post
    This will not be popular for people who believe in open carry, but I think the only persons who should be open carrying a firearm are law enforcement, and licensed security officers. When anyone else carries a firearm openly I strongly suspect there has been no background check done on them. Carrying a firearm openly, outside of being in uniform or displaying a badge, scares people. I see no reason to carry a firearm openly unless you fall into one of the groups I mentioned. If you want to carry a firearm, get a concealed carry permit. When I see people in plain clothes, carrying a firearm openly, I have no idea who they are. Neither does the public, which explains why it scares them. I would prefer if a citizen wants to carry a firearm, that they get a concealed carry permit.
    And what data are you quoting on the number of people that are scared when they see someone openly carrying a firearm? Or is this just your hunch and speculation? I personally have not seen this type of behavior you say is exhibited among people who see an openly carried firearm and I find it incredulous that you think it and think so strongly about it that you typed it publicly in order for all to know your feelings on the subject.

    What gets me furious however is that you are a sworn officer of the law who took an oath to defend and protect the Constitution and you feel that the 2d Amendment should be infringed upon that severely. For making such an open and public statement, I would personally like to see your badge removed for breaking your oath.

    You do realize that nearly all criminals do not carry openly. They carry concealed. Why? They have something to hide. Folks who carry openly have nothing to hide and as such, it should actually put you more at ease when someone carries openly since they have nothing to hide. Why then do you think "no background check" was done on them? Have you ever purchased a handgun before or did your department just hand you one?

    Also, what is the Shawnee County Sheriff's Department's policy on using their logo for personal use on a public forum? Are you representing the belief's and policies of the Shawnee Country Sheriff's Department? Is this an official post for them? Does Sheriff Herman T. Jones, of Shawnee County know you use his office's logo for your personal use? Every LEO I know, knows NOT to use the department's official logo for things like this. See, you have no ethics.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  4. #433
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by dusterdude View Post
    Tcd,i took the first oath in 1980,still believe every word.semper fi!!!
    I believe we are a blessed nation and that the oath is why we are free. Americans citizens are the animal to be most feared by would be tyrants. Our oaths don't expire when we are discharged from this Force of Volunteers. Conscripts are easy pickins. Ask Stalin.
    Sent from my Clear using USA Carry mobile app

  5. I would really like to see KSDeputy come back to defend some of his statements, but I doubt that will happen. Especially when he says ""When I see people in plain clothes, carrying a firearm openly, I have no idea who they are." and yet when he sees people in plain clothes without a visible firearm, they are the same person, but now he has no idea if they are armed or not, and that somehow makes them less "suspicious"?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  6. #435
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I would really like to see KSDeputy come back to defend some of his statements, but I doubt that will happen. Especially when he says ""When I see people in plain clothes, carrying a firearm openly, I have no idea who they are." and yet when he sees people in plain clothes without a visible firearm, they are the same person, but now he has no idea if they are armed or not, and that somehow makes them less "suspicious"?
    Nah, he won't come back. Traitors are very often cowards and unable to finish what they start.

  7. #436
    It is difficult for many Public officials to demonstrate respect for the Constitution of the United States of America when its commander and chief is unable to respect it.
    Next will come the military.

    Long Live The Militia, Long Live the Republic.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by KSDeputy View Post
    This will not be popular for people who believe in open carry, but I think the only persons who should be open carrying a firearm are law enforcement, and licensed security officers. When anyone else carries a firearm openly I strongly suspect there has been no background check done on them. Carrying a firearm openly, outside of being in uniform or displaying a badge, scares people. I see no reason to carry a firearm openly unless you fall into one of the groups I mentioned. If you want to carry a firearm, get a concealed carry permit. When I see people in plain clothes, carrying a firearm openly, I have no idea who they are. Neither does the public, which explains why it scares them. I would prefer if a citizen wants to carry a firearm, that they get a concealed carry permit.
    I have a Concealed Pistol License, and I Open Carry regularly. I'm not LE, Security, or anything else. Part of the reason I as well as many others OC in my state, is to try to educate the general public and acclimate them to seeing open carry as non-threatening. Check out this link: http://www.opencarry.org/?page_id=257

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    It is difficult for many Public officials to demonstrate respect for the Constitution of the United States of America when its commander and chief is unable to respect it.
    Next will come the military.

    Long Live The Militia, Long Live the Republic.
    I must disagree. The American "citizens" who re-elected the pseudo-facists into power a second time have already fallen. You won't find many in the military who voted for them the first time, and even fewer the second time.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  10. #439
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I must disagree. The American "citizens" who re-elected the pseudo-facists into power a second time have already fallen. You won't find many in the military who voted for them the first time, and even fewer the second time.
    Start asking around in the military as I have.
    The unfortunate reality is that a very large number of our military personnel voted for the current president.

    You are only counting the citizens who actually voted.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

  11. #440
    Quote Originally Posted by KSDeputy View Post
    This will not be popular for people who believe in open carry, but I think the only persons who should be open carrying a firearm are law enforcement, and licensed security officers. When anyone else carries a firearm openly I strongly suspect there has been no background check done on them
    There is no reason to ASSUME they didn't go through a background check simply because their OC'ing. Even if they purchased private, that's no reason to ASSUME their doing something wrong!

    Quote Originally Posted by KSDeputy View Post
    Carrying a firearm openly, outside of being in uniform or displaying a badge, scares people.
    No, it doesn't scare "people" it scares uneducated sheep. Which is no better than your assumption that people are up to no good based on their preferred carry method.


    Quote Originally Posted by KSDeputy View Post
    When I see people in plain clothes, carrying a firearm openly, I have no idea who they are. Neither does the public. I would prefer if a citizen wants to carry a firearm, that they get a concealed carry permit.
    Are you under the impression your entitled to know who everybody is or what their up to? Your entitled to your PREFERENCE of how people should carry, but so are they. Your obviously one of the type's that harass people for simply exercising a right, which is sad. I always assume most cops are alright and just doing their job, but then read crap like this, no wonder so many law abiding citizens hate cops and feel the need to carry video camera's around.

Page 44 of 62 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast