The Open Carry Argument - Page 45
Page 45 of 62 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: The Open Carry Argument

Funny out of all the news stories I have read/seen, all the felons had it concealed. Most felons I don't think even bother with holsters at all.

3. Good points. I share most of your views. Open carry causes all sorts of people to over react, while concealed carry doesn't have any deterrent value. A quandary, to be sure. I still am struggling with it. But one thing is clear: the right to do so shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by jepack View Post
    Good points. I share most of your views. Open carry causes all sorts of people to over react, while concealed carry doesn't have any deterrent value. A quandary, to be sure. I still am struggling with it. But one thing is clear: the right to do so shall not be infringed.
    Open carry causes all sorts of people to over react? it does? Maybe my holster or firearm is defective, it doesn't cause anyone to over react.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

An Armed Society is a Polite Society.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

6. Hi,I'm new here but not new to seeing people open carry. When my son turns 18 I can gift his sidearm and he can legally open carry( in the Common Wealth of Virginia). I myself will also open carry and have a concealed weapon on top of that. I have talked with a couple of people who already do the same as well. I personally am willing to deal with the possible legal hassles that will arise from an incident of personal protection as opposed to being helpless to defend my loved ones. I am willing to do whatever it takes to ensure their safety!

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    Start asking around in the military as I have.
    The unfortunate reality is that a very large number of our military personnel voted for the current president.

You are only counting the citizens who actually voted.
    And now their pay and benefits are quickly decreasing, not to mention the entire size of the military.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    Start asking around in the military as I have.
    The unfortunate reality is that a very large number of our military personnel voted for the current president.

You are only counting the citizens who actually voted.
    I wouldn't need to start asking, since I'm around them on a daily basis. Since retiring from the military I've been working an almost non stop string of DOD contracts. I doubt NavyLCDR would need to start asking either. Guys like us don't typically stray far from our military roots, so we're well aware of the political sentiment in the military. I don't know who you asked or where you asked, but NavyLCDR is absolutely correct. The military is heavily conservative, and the majority would not be Obama supporters. It may be true however that he garnered the highest percentage of the military vote for a liberal in quite some time. Even many military members fell prey to the ill advised theory of voting for someone simply due to the color of their skin. It wouldn't have been the majority of the overall military vote though. The military hasn't become that liberal, at least not yet.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    I wouldn't need to start asking, since I'm around them on a daily basis. Since retiring from the military I've been working an almost non stop string of DOD contracts. I doubt NavyLCDR would need to start asking either. Guys like us don't typically stray far from our military roots, so we're well aware of the political sentiment in the military. I don't know who you asked or where you asked, but NavyLCDR is absolutely correct. The military is heavily conservative, and the majority would not be Obama supporters. It may be true however that he garnered the highest percentage of the military vote for a liberal in quite some time. Even many military members fell prey to the ill advised theory of voting for someone simply due to the color of their skin. It wouldn't have been the majority of the overall military vote though. The military hasn't become that liberal, at least not yet.
    So true. That's why the liberal states try so hard not to count their vote.
    Certified NRA Firearms Instructor
    Oklahoma SDA Instructor
    Utah CCW Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    The military hasn't become that liberal, at least not yet.
    Yea right, that's why the #1 best seller at the Post Exchange is now SOAP on a ROPE.
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    "But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be condemned to HELL"

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Yea right, that's why the #1 best seller at the Post Exchange is now SOAP on a ROPE.
    Where did you obtain this information? Did AAFES post a sign saying it was a bestseller? I would be willing to bet, based on my 30+ years of experience with AAFES, that they bought too many books of that title and are trying to fabricate a buzz about it.

I know some officers voted Obama, I even found my boss's name on a contributor list published on the internet. You wouldn't know talking to her that she supported the Kenyan, but she did in secret.

Page 45 of 62 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast