The Open Carry Argument - Page 47
Page 47 of 62 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 612

Thread: The Open Carry Argument

  1. #461
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lacey, WA
    Posts
    344
    Uh, somebody didn't catch the reference was not talking about a book. (About soap on a rope)

  2.   
  3. #462
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    3,804
    Quote Originally Posted by jfisch View Post
    *Begin trolling*

    As opposed to the 452,178,544,564 threads that have been posted on this topic since 2009?
    What are your views on admitting to a LEO you're carrying if it's a non-notify state?
    What's the best caliber to use? Is .380 too small?
    How do you feel about Obama?

    *Trolling over*
    I understand your perspective since I get tired of having to dispel the same old myths over and over and over.... but please consider that no matter how many threads there are about topics that have been discussed ad nauseum ... there will always be a first time brand new gun owner/carrier that will benefit from reading that stuff.

  4. #463
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Posts
    238
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    I understand your perspective since I get tired of having to dispel the same old myths over and over and over.... but please consider that no matter how many threads there are about topics that have been discussed ad nauseum ... there will always be a first time brand new gun owner/carrier that will benefit from reading that stuff.
    If you truly understood trolling you would have caught on that my post was satire.
    "It is not malicious acts that will do us in but the appalling silence and indifference of good people. All that is needed for evil to run rampant is for good women and men to do nothing." -MLK Jr Current Carry: Ruger SR40c

  5. #464
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    3,804
    Quote Originally Posted by jfisch View Post
    If you truly understood trolling you would have caught on that my post was satire.
    I understood your earlier post quite well... and I understand the nature of your post I quoted above also.

    Your other post was useful as a way to present the idea that no matter how many threads there are about the same old topics those threads can be beneficial to new folks.

    Your most recent post I quoted above is not so useful.

  6. #465
    Quote Originally Posted by jfisch View Post
    How/why is this 4 year old thread still alive?
    In the conclusion of the essay, I challenge the opponents of OC:

    No, open carry is not the be-all-end-all of self defense any more than concealed carry is. The purpose of this essay is not to convince you to carry a firearm openly, but to merely point out the reasoning I used to determine that it is often the best option for me. If you think otherwise, please feel free to write an essay of your own outlining the reasoning you used. I would suggest that you avoid the intellectual mistake of emphasizing rare or unlikely defense scenarios that many of us will never experience.
    In all the years since, nobody has taken me up on the challenge. This means (to me) that either the anti-OC crowd cannot compose an essay or they have no rational argument.

  7. #466
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Books of that title??
    D'oh! I thought it was a book title!

    Color me red...


  8. #467
    Quote Originally Posted by KSDeputy View Post
    This will not be popular for people who believe in open carry, but I think the only persons who should be open carrying a firearm are law enforcement, and licensed security officers. When anyone else carries a firearm openly I strongly suspect there has been no background check done on them. Carrying a firearm openly, outside of being in uniform or displaying a badge, scares people. I see no reason to carry a firearm openly unless you fall into one of the groups I mentioned. If you want to carry a firearm, get a concealed carry permit. When I see people in plain clothes, carrying a firearm openly, I have no idea who they are. Neither does the public, which explains why it scares them. I would prefer if a citizen wants to carry a firearm, that they get a concealed carry permit.
    In Arizona the police are not affraid of the folks that open carry, they are affraid of the ones in the gang-bangers droopy drawers and it is not nor has it ever been an issue in the 101 years of Arizona history, but we are pretty good about not killing one another.
    "Undocumented Second Amendment Supporter, fighting against suppression of mandatory background checks."

  9. #468
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA-a short distance from the sun
    Posts
    8,971
    Quote Originally Posted by KSDeputy View Post
    This will not be popular for people who believe in open carry, but I think the only persons who should be open carrying a firearm are law enforcement, and licensed security officers. When anyone else carries a firearm openly I strongly suspect there has been no background check done on them. Carrying a firearm openly, outside of being in uniform or displaying a badge, scares people. I see no reason to carry a firearm openly unless you fall into one of the groups I mentioned. If you want to carry a firearm, get a concealed carry permit. When I see people in plain clothes, carrying a firearm openly, I have no idea who they are. Neither does the public, which explains why it scares them. I would prefer if a citizen wants to carry a firearm, that they get a concealed carry permit.
    Howdy from Arizona.

    The Open Carry Argument-007.jpg
    ~ HEAVEN Has A Wall And A Strict Immigration Policy - HELL Has Open Borders ~

  10. #469
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Howdy from Arizona.

    The Open Carry Argument-007.jpg
    Pre-fer people not open carry? Not a sworn officer's call nor should we care about how they FEEL, it is an Arizona RIGHT and one that does not turn Arizona folks heads other than wish I had a CDP II, but that is when I show off.
    "Undocumented Second Amendment Supporter, fighting against suppression of mandatory background checks."

  11. Quote Originally Posted by NotTwoShure View Post
    Pre-fer people not open carry? Not a sworn officer's call nor should we care about how they FEEL, it is an Arizona RIGHT and one that does not turn Arizona folks heads other than wish I had a CDP II, but that is when I show off.
    +1

    I don't see anything in the constitution about someone's hurt feelings trumping our rights. Feelings by their very nature are illogical. Why does so much of our population think that feelings should be used in any way to set policy, laws, or anything related to the rights of others?

Page 47 of 62 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast