The Open Carry Argument - Page 49
Page 49 of 62 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: The Open Carry Argument

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    I don't know, but when I see a sub-forum with the title "Concealed Carry Discussion" or "Open Carry Discussion" or "Motorcycles," it would never occur to me to enter those forums just to talk down to the people who engage in those activities. I contribute in the CC Discussion forum, but never once have I gone there just to say that carrying concealed is somehow inferior to carrying open. I might stop in to correct some myth that a CC-only, uninformed snob might say about OC (shot first, targeted by bad guys, guns easily stolen and used against you - blah blah blah-friggin'-blah), but never just to challenge the practice of CC. Likewise, I'd never go to the Motorcycles forum and tell everybody....well....anything about motorcycle riding if I wasn't a motorcycle rider myself, which I am.

So my question to SR9 is, why are you even here with your jaded views of OC'er's "attitudes?" This ain't no yard sale, and it sure as heck ain't your driveway.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

With regards to open carriers being targeted; it should be remembered....

All victims of violent crime looked exactly like someone carrying a concealed weapon.

And yet they got attacked anyway.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Mainsail View Post
    With regards to open carriers being targeted; it should be remembered....

All victims of violent crime looked exactly like someone carrying a concealed weapon.

And yet they got attacked anyway.
    Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

5. Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    Maybe the question here should be, why do you prefer to open carry as oppose to concealed carry? Is it because you can't qualify for a CC permit, your state or local does not have a lawful CC permit, or you can't afford to get a CC permit? I often wonder why a person choses to open carry as opposed to concealed? Is it a cost thing or what? I live in a state were both are legal, so I wonder why people do what thy do? Your answer is.........?
    You must have not read the OP. He clearly lays out multiple valid reasons to OC.

My reasons is: CC has never/and will NEVER stop a crime. I will repeat, has NEVER and will NEVER stop a crime. CC allows one to react once the crime has occurred. OC is a direct deterrent. It says, don't f** with me, to the bad guy.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Support The 2nd View Post
    You must have not read the OP. He clearly lays out multiple valid reasons to OC.

My reasons is: CC has never/and will NEVER stop a crime. I will repeat, has NEVER and will NEVER stop a crime. CC allows one to react once the crime has occurred. OC is a direct deterrent. It says, don't f** with me, to the bad guy.
    Man! I can't tell you how long it's been since I've seen a new member make such an unequivocally great first impression by not only supporting the accurate and pragmatic side of a 2A issue, but by taking the unabridged, literal-reading side of the Second Amendment issue to boot. Might be the best first post I've ever seen on this site. Welcome!

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

7. One of my big hopes in life is that this topic would eventually go away.

Here are some thoughts on it that have nothing and everything to do with guns.

Once upon a time I had a Jeep. It was a CJ5 with a lift and a 304 V8 that had been rebuilt into a MONSTER. It was a beast of a Jeep. I loved that thing. It was an awesome offroad vehicle.

I sold it.

Now I have a Porsche convertible. I've rebuilt the engine into a turbo charged monster, I've rebuilt/upgraded the suspension, brakes, interior, wheels, sound system, etc, etc, etc. I love this thing. It is an awesome on road vehicle.

So which is better, the Jeep or the Porsche?

Excuse me, but that is a really STUPID question!!! They each have their purpose and surely, each have their fans who would fight tooth and nail to claim superiority over the other. One is not better than the other. They are both great vehicles.

I will have another Jeep soon while I keep the Porsche.

I used to OC exclusively. Now I mainly CC with an occasional OC.

Which is better, OC or CC?

That is another really STUPID question!!
    If you like OC, then by all means, OC. If you like CC, then by all means, CC.

Why don't we stop this stupid bickering amongst 2nd amendment supporters and take the fight to those who would take any of our rights from us. Let's fight the anti-gunners and stop fighting amongst ourselves.

Why don't we stop this stupid bickering amongst 2nd amendment supporters and take the fight to those who would take any of our rights from us. Let's fight the anti-gunners and stop fighting amongst ourselves.
    I think one of the reasons this topic continues to go on is the IMPORTANCE it has pertaining to the 2nd Am.

OC'ers seem to understand that CC laws are indeed an infringement on the 2nd Am. But, most CC proponents & advocates seem to either be fooled are be happy about having their 2nd Am Rights infringed on. Ever since the CC laws were allowed to infringe upon the people, we have been fighting to keep our 2nd AM rights from slipping further away from us.

IMHO- Getting back to where OC is allowed & accepted across the country (even by those that will always CC), is a vital step to keeping our 2nd Am Rights protected and intact.

-
    “Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God.” —JAMES TOUR, NANOSCIENTIST

9. Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    IMHO- Getting back to where OC is allowed & accepted across the country WITHOUT A LICENSE OR PAYING FOR GOVERNMENT PERMISION(even by those that will always CC), is a vital step to keeping our 2nd Am Rights protected and intact.
    There are also those people that like to think that once they pay for their required government permission slip they are still exercising a right....
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

With all these riots and trouble going on and perhaps spreading to other cities I wonder if it is a good idea to OC on a daily basis? Please do not get the idea that I am slamming OC! I really do not care how you carry. My stance is to CARRY!

What I mean is that there seems to be many who are rioting that want to kill cops. These same people could see someone OC and think cop. You could be targeted even when there is no trouble going on at that time. Not trying to start an argument here. I know that some believe that an OC is a deterrent and others believe that OC could get you targeted. Just thought this should be something that you should consider.

Quote Originally Posted by vernsimpson View Post
    With all these riots and trouble going on and perhaps spreading to other cities I wonder if it is a good idea to OC on a daily basis? Please do not get the idea that I am slamming OC! I really do not care how you carry. My stance is to CARRY!

What I mean is that there seems to be many who are rioting that want to kill cops. These same people could see someone OC and think cop. You could be targeted even when there is no trouble going on at that time. Not trying to start an argument here. I know that some believe that an OC is a deterrent and others believe that OC could get you targeted. Just thought this should be something that you should consider.
    Do you happen to notice how the armed store owners are carrying their firearms?

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 49 of 62 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast