The Open Carry Argument - Page 57
Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 612

Thread: The Open Carry Argument

  1. #561
    Awesome read, I have just recently become interested in owning a firearm and bought my first SD9VE about 2 months ago. I have also started OC a month ago, after learning about my weapon and taking it to the range for about 1000 rounds, lots of dry firing and drawing. Watching videos and teaching myself as my budget and time doesn't allow a class for me. I feel good about OC because it gives me a sense of security, especially for my 18mo old daughter and 6 month old son, and beautiful wife. I have also brought her with me on just about every range trip, so she too could learn to use it. She actually enjoys it a lot and I'm having a hard time going to the range alone bc I feel guilty leaving her out. Anyways, I really need clarification that open carry was the right choice for me as opposed to CC. I could get CC but feel that OC suits me more for comfort and security. I don't mind people staring, never have before either. Only thing I worry about is someone attempting to take it off me, but I live in a low crime area, and work in a mid crime area, so chances of someone being so desperate to try and take my gun from me are slim I would think. I live in Southeast Louisiana, near New Orleans, but I hardly ever go there.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

  2.   
  3. #562
    *Needed clarification. This post gave me that. That was the point of my post lol.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

  4. #563
    I came across your post from Mar 17th, 2009 re: Open Carry and would like to have your permission to use some of your language in Support of South Carolina Senate Bill S.449 and South Carolina House Bill H.3930.

    These bills are for Constitutional Carry/Open Carry and have the full support of the NRA without amendments. They would allow an individual that is legal to own/purchase a firearm to carry, either concealed or openly. Your post was very well written and I feel could make an impact on those in the SC Senate/House to further advance the rights of the American people to be restored.

    There are 3 additional bills in the Senate. They are currently in the Senate Judiciary Committee. The bills are H.3924 which is a pro-gun bill to prevent the turnover of weapons to settle debt in time of financial hardship.

    Senate bills S.159 and S.516 are NOT supported by the NRA-ILA. Bill S.159 would increase the waiting period to 28 days if no response from the FBI. It is currently 3 days in SC. Bill S.516 would increase to 5 days but is very poorly worded and would/could allow for future restrictions for South Carolinian in the future as precedent has been set.

    Your post would also be used to Support/Oppose these bills with permission given.

    https://www.nraila.org/articles/2017...bills-tomorrow

    Please Reply ASAP so I may have time to formulate my response for the decision makers at the South Carolina Capital. Please email to ensure I receive your response.

    Thank you for your time and consideration. Please see your private messages for my email address.

    Respectfully,
    Kevin R. Stasik

  5. #564
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomSSgt View Post
    I came across your post from Mar 17th, 2009 re: Open Carry and would like to have your permission to use some of your language in Support of South Carolina Senate Bill S.449 and South Carolina House Bill H.3930.

    These bills are for Constitutional Carry/Open Carry and have the full support of the NRA without amendments. They would allow an individual that is legal to own/purchase a firearm to carry, either concealed or openly. Your post was very well written and I feel could make an impact on those in the SC Senate/House to further advance the rights of the American people to be restored.

    There are 3 additional bills in the Senate. They are currently in the Senate Judiciary Committee. The bills are H.3924 which is a pro-gun bill to prevent the turnover of weapons to settle debt in time of financial hardship.

    Senate bills S.159 and S.516 are NOT supported by the NRA-ILA. Bill S.159 would increase the waiting period to 28 days if no response from the FBI. It is currently 3 days in SC. Bill S.516 would increase to 5 days but is very poorly worded and would/could allow for future restrictions for South Carolinian in the future as precedent has been set.

    Your post would also be used to Support/Oppose these bills with permission given.

    https://www.nraila.org/articles/2017...bills-tomorrow

    Please Reply ASAP so I may have time to formulate my response for the decision makers at the South Carolina Capital. Please email to ensure I receive your response.

    Thank you for your time and consideration. Please see your private messages for my email address.

    Respectfully,
    Kevin R. Stasik
    Weird, I was sure I had replied to your PM but now I don't see it in the SENT box.

    Help yourself Kevin. Credit to Mainsail and let us know how it turns out.

  6. #565
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Since OC'ing regularly, I have had one store owner ask me to cover it up. It was in a music store where I had just spent a couple hundred bucks and was finishing up with the cashier. As the cashier handed me my receipt, I politely said to the owner that I was just leaving, and oh by the way, I won't be back.
    I'm just curious but why did you tell the owner you wouldn't be back just because you were simply asked to cover your weapon while in the store? In one specific way, I can understand this behavior of future avoidance from a business that would have asked you to leave but not just to cover.

    But then again, to each is own. I wouldn't have considered this as a reason to make a statement like that but I guess that's just me.

  7. #566
    As far as this open carry vs. concealed carry debate, it's all just what one chooses. They both have their own set of pros and cons. Its all pretty much a matter of picking your poison. In any given situation, will your weapon being carried out in the open deter or attract? Will you and your concealed weapon be able to still defend once the bad guy has already gone first and presented himself?

    I choose conceal carry because it gives me more option to carry.

  8. #567
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,763
    Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    I'm just curious but why did you tell the owner you wouldn't be back....
    Because I made up my mind at that very moment that I wouldn't be going back. Thought I'd let him in on my decision.
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  9. #568
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Because I made up my mind at that very moment that I wouldn't be going back. Thought I'd let him in on my decision.
    You're right, I shouldn't have asked. I was just merely curious as to why it was such a big deal being asked to harmlessly cover up.

  10. #569
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,763
    Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    You're right, I shouldn't have asked. I was just merely curious as to why it was such a big deal being asked to harmlessly cover up.
    It's kind of like someone asking why I ride a Harley. My answer is always, "If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand." Asking again after I gave a non-confrontational and honest answer was wholly expected of you by me, which is why I didn't go into anymore depth than I did. Your curiosity isn't a compelling reason for me to explain myself to you. You couldn't come up with a reason that would be compelling to me, so how about you just leave it alone now?

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  11. #570

    The Open Carry Argument

    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    It's kind of like someone asking why I ride a Harley. My answer is always, "If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand."
    That's hardly the same thing. Well, it could be but considering the way you worded your answer above, no, it's not the same thing.

    But sure, as far as if I was asking why you ride a Harley, I wouldn't put much thought into that at all. I would just assume...(hate using that word but for this I'll make an exception) that you ride one because you want to. Am I right?

    I figured it had a little more to do with than just, "because I want to". Which, if it is, whatever. Lol. I don't care what you do. Again, I was just curious.

    Asking again after I gave a non-confrontational and honest answer was wholly expected of you by me, which is why I didn't go into anymore depth than I did.
    You know, you really shouldn't assume. I was not asking you a second time, no matter how much you want to think I was but I was just simply explaining to you why I was asking the first time, for your information.
    Your curiosity isn't a compelling reason for me to explain myself to you. You couldn't come up with a reason that would be compelling to me...
    Wow, what a completely arrogant thing to say but, whatever, it's cool...The Open Carry Argument Lets just say your response doesn't strike me as unusual...

    As I said before and as I'm saying... again... I was just simply curious. If my curiosity isn't "compelling"... enough for you to answer, don't...The Open Carry Argument

    Oh and I didn't know I was required to come up with a reason for my question to be graced with an answer...

    ...so how about you just leave it alone now?
    You got it.

    But for the record though, I pretty much already deduced to that in my last reply. Guess I'll have to be more clear next time.

Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast