The Open Carry Argument - Page 58
Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: The Open Carry Argument

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    ...so how about you just leave it alone now?
    You got it.

But for the record though, I pretty much already deduced to that in my last reply. Guess I'll have to be more clear next time.
    The way to "be more clear" is to actually leave me alone.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

The Open Carry Argument

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    The way to "be more clear" is to actually leave me alone.

Blues
    Yet you took the time to type this... you coulda left it alone a response ago but whatever man. Good day to ya..✌️

I Carry Concealed or Open - whichever I want

I carry open whenever I decide it is appropriate for me to do so, because God has granted me an inalienable right to self defense and the Constitution of the United States guarantees that government is not allowed to prevent me from exercising that right. I hold a concealed carry permit because I determined it was appropriate for me to take the class and pay the fee to my County. I carry concealed whenever I feel it is appropriate for me to do so, even though my state does not require a permit, because God has given me an inalienable right to self defense and the Constitution of the United States guarantees that government is not allowed to prevent me from exercising that right. Now then, I am fortunate enough to live in a State and Municipality that generally do not harass me when I exercise those rights. They both have some illegal laws on the books which I obey because I have not determined to exercise civil disobedience in that regard. I generally boycott businesses who wish to infringe on my rights, for example, I never go to Starbucks to get a coffee, concealed or open.

I don't have an NRA sticker on my truck. I am proud to be a Life Member. I feel a person who hates guns would see the sticker want to deny me my rights, maybe even resort to violence, since November 8, 2016. A criminal would see the sticker and instead of saying "hey that guy might shoot me" would say "hey I could steal a gun" (they don't reason, that's why they choose crime).

I try to help vote bad politicians out. Gun confiscation would result in a blood bath, it would be terrible.
    Semper Fi my friend.

Gunner

I live in an "Open Carry " state, although I have a concealed carry permit and carry everyday. It is rare to see many people open carry even though it is legal here. The problem I have with people that open carry is most of them have a chip on their shoulder and an bad attitude. Most act as though they are just waiting for someone to make a comment about them having a gun on their hip. No reason for them to cop an attitude with others, as one of those people may have a gun in their pocket pointed at him and he is too dumb to realize it.

6. Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    I live in an "Open Carry " state, although I have a concealed carry permit and carry everyday. It is rare to see many people open carry even though it is legal here. The problem I have with people that open carry is most of them have a chip on their shoulder and an bad attitude. Most act as though they are just waiting for someone to make a comment about them having a gun on their hip. No reason for them to cop an attitude with others, as one of those people may have a gun in their pocket pointed at him and he is too dumb to realize it.
    I agree. A lot of cops are like that. But there are also some that aren't.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    Can you back this up with facts/cites/experiences? I've found my interactions to be the opposite.

8. Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    You're right, I shouldn't have asked. I was just merely curious as to why it was such a big deal being asked to harmlessly cover up.
    I'm not the OP but I have a problem giving my money to any business that has a problem with me carrying openly or concealed. Choices have consequences. If the owner chooses to make a big deal about someone open or concealed carrying, then I chose not to give them any of my money. It's not "a big deal" as you want to call it. It is two choices/business decisions.

9. Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    I too live in an open carry state and I see lots of people open carry and they are always friendly and polite. Maybe you live is a state full of a--holes. Or, just maybe, it is your preconceived ideas and opinions coloring your perceptions of people that open carry. Maybe the people who are open carrying aren't the ones with the attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by AzBanks View Post
    I'm not the OP but I have a problem giving my money to any business that has a problem with me carrying openly or concealed. Choices have consequences. If the owner chooses to make a big deal about someone open or concealed carrying, then I chose not to give them any of my money. It's not "a big deal" as you want to call it. It is two choices/business decisions.
    I get it, I was just simply asking why it was considered a big deal because it just didn't make sense to me to discontinue shopping somewhere just from simply being asked to cover up my gun so that it wasn't visible while in the store since it's not like you're being asked to leave instead, just not visibly show your gun in the store but as I said before, to each is own. I was just merely curious but it was chosen not to explain.

Every open carry advocate and practitioner I have ever met and talked to agreed in principle that the concept can be carried too far.
    No one ever agreed that it was "all right" for gang members dressed in typical garb to parade around in a retail establishment carrying
    AR-15 rifles slung over their shoulders. As you would expect customers flock to and out the front doors nearly as fast as if shots were
    being fired. The point is nearly all open carry by those not dressed professionally causes a nervousness around them and this naturally
    disrupts any kind of business. The problem is there is no way to legislate attire and appearance and that is why it is legal but
    NOT ADVISABLE for very shady looking characters to carry very intimidating firearms. The unfortunate fact is there are some people
    who enjoy causing this nervousness around them.... It is easy to assume those individuals might be deficient in some other ways
    in order for them to enjoy causing alarm among strangers in public.

On another note who among the open carry crowd would not agree that it is a great advantage for the bad guys to not know who is armed.

Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast