The Open Carry Argument - Page 62
Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125260616263 LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 624

Thread: The Open Carry Argument

  1. #611
    If anything the title of the thread is accurate, at least part of it. Argument!

    Only one of the many where people have different opinions, be it revolver vs. semi-auto, chambered vs. condition 3, thumb safety vs. or not, etc., vs. etc. or the style of beer you like or how well you like your steak cooked.

    I carry concealed, chambered, no thumb safety, IPA, rare. And I don't give a damn what you think about it, nor do I care about your choices.
    ďReligion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.Ē ― Steven Weinberg

  2.   
  3. #612

    The Open Carry Argument

    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    If anything the title of the thread is accurate, at least part of it. Argument!
    The Open Carry Argument
    Only one of the many where people have different opinions, be it revolver vs. semi-auto, chambered vs. condition 3, thumb safety vs. or not, etc., vs. etc. or the style of beer you like or how well you like your steak cooked.
    Too many people worried too damn much about being right.

    Carry however you see fit. That's all that matters.

  4. #613
    The purpose of this essay is not to convince you to carry a firearm openly, but to merely point out the reasoning I used to determine that it is often the best option for me. If you think otherwise, please feel free to write an essay of your own outlining the reasoning you used.
    I can't believe this is a decade old.

    Still waiting for a coherent essay against open carry.

  5. #614
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainsail View Post
    I can't believe this is a decade old.

    Still waiting for a coherent essay against open carry.
    Why does it even matter? There is no ďbetterĒ version of carry IMO. They both have their pros and cons. But also in my opinion, my concealed carry allows me to carry in places you canít. Nor does it force me to have to pick and choose what places I can shop at despite all those pesky gun free zone signs. But then again I guess that doesnít mean the same to me as it does you. I have no problem spending my money in places that donít support my 2nd amendment rights. Far as Iím concerned, itís their right to do it but carrying concealed lets me carry past their sign. What they donít know ainít gonna hurt them, just despise what ďsomeĒ say who oppose my reasoning.

    But yes, from a tactical standpoint, open carry is probably better on certain aspects but itís not the be all end all of carrying. As I said; both methods of carry have their pros and cons. But itís funny how you sound like you expect an argument between the two....lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  6. #615
    Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    Why does it even matter? There is no ďbetterĒ version of carry IMO. They both have their pros and cons. But also in my opinion, my concealed carry allows me to carry in places you canít. Nor does it force me to have to pick and choose what places I can shop at despite all those pesky gun free zone signs. But then again I guess that doesnít mean the same to me as it does you. I have no problem spending my money in places that donít support my 2nd amendment rights. Far as Iím concerned, itís their right to do it but carrying concealed lets me carry past their sign. What they donít know ainít gonna hurt them, just despise what ďsomeĒ say who oppose my reasoning.

    But yes, from a tactical standpoint, open carry is probably better on certain aspects but itís not the be all end all of carrying. As I said; both methods of carry have their pros and cons. But itís funny how you sound like you expect an argument between the two....lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I think open carry is a very BAD IDEA hers why....



    Sent from my LGLS775 using USA Carry mobile app
    The approval of men is expensive, but the love of God is free...Guns and religion are a great mix!!!

  7. #616
    Good video.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  8. #617
    Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    Good video.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Thank you

    Sent from my LGLS775 using USA Carry mobile app
    The approval of men is expensive, but the love of God is free...Guns and religion are a great mix!!!

  9. #618
    Think about this mindset to open carry. Why do it? because you can and you feel safer and maybe the Perp(s) won’t do what they set out to do because they see your gun? No matter what stats are out there claiming it’s a deterrent, there is still that percentage out there that don’t care and that may very well be what you will be up against. Many are career bad-asses, who are badder than you think you are with your exposed weapon and you will be the first one who gets wacked. Why not just keep the element of surprise to yourself and blend in. That’s where your edge will come in and maybe you will come out on top. Practice at the range standing, seated, practice seated or standing with eating utensils in your hand or other things that may occupy your hands, (infant, shopping bags, hand held gadgets etc.). Think of situations you may be doing that aren’t like you are at a range dedicated to just shooting. Practice often, be quick and accurate and be able to account for your rounds, (another legal liability). If you are out in Public try sitting in areas that your back is to a wall and try to have full view of your surroundings and be mindful of that. Find a good holster and carry position that you feel the most comfortable with that makes your weapon you chose easily accessible.

    Walking around in open carry will certainly draw attention and most likely a visit from the COPS. I do not blame them, they must respond, especially nowadays. The societal makeup now is so diverse and odd, that all it takes is one to start the ball rolling on a 911 call. They will lie and make things up just to get the response they want. It’s pathetic but the way it is. I have been detailed to “open carry” States and have glanced down at their weapon(s) and observed and listened. With some, they talk about it like its their child, brag and twist and turn so everybody can see it. It’s dorky and unprofessional. I’ve heard some say publicly, “if someone comes in here to do us harm I will shoot them.” OK, you may be right but remember its going to be treated like a homicide case with all of the long legal battles. What you say publicly and what is heard by witnesses will come out in discovery. Even when beyond a reasonable doubt of self-defense of yourself or others it will cost you both emotionally and financially. The legal system too has changed where the Perp gets legally posed to being the Victim.

    Just because you can do something doesn’t mean it is wise to. The greatest responsibility as law-abiding citizens who carry is to know when it is right. In retirement I do not open carry and never will. I practice frequently and I am mentally armed with the field smarts learned from the job, (USBP). I want that element of surprise if it should ever happen to me.

    Bragging and boasting is not a skill, it’s a prop. Be quiet, skilled, confident and right, blend in, even career criminals are not immune to their very own “Oh Crap” moment.
    Last edited by DEFCON727; 04-01-2019 at 06:27 AM. Reason: spacing

  10. #619
    Quote Originally Posted by DEFCON727 View Post
    Think about this mindset to open carry. Why do it? because you can and you feel safer and maybe the Perp(s) wonít do what they set out to do because they see your gun? No matter what stats are out there claiming itís a deterrent, there is still that percentage out there that donít care and that may very well be what you will be up against. Many are career bad-asses, who are badder than you think you are with your exposed weapon and you will be the first one who gets wacked. Why not just keep the element of surprise to yourself and blend in. Thatís where your edge will come in and maybe you will come out on top. Practice at the range standing, seated, practice seated or standing with eating utensils in your hand or other things that may occupy your hands, (infant, shopping bags, hand held gadgets etc.). Think of situations you may be doing that arenít like you are at a range dedicated to just shooting. Practice often, be quick and accurate and be able to account for your rounds, (another legal liability). If you are out in Public try sitting in areas that your back is to a wall and try to have full view of your surroundings and be mindful of that. Find a good holster and carry position that you feel the most comfortable with that makes your weapon you chose easily accessible.

    Walking around in open carry will certainly draw attention and most likely a visit from the COPS. I do not blame them, they must respond, especially nowadays. The societal makeup now is so diverse and odd, that all it takes is one to start the ball rolling on a 911 call. They will lie and make things up just to get the response they want. Itís pathetic but the way it is. I have been detailed to ďopen carryĒ States and have glanced down at their weapon(s) and observed and listened. With some, they talk about it like its their child, brag and twist and turn so everybody can see it. Itís dorky and unprofessional. Iíve heard some say publicly, ďif someone comes in here to do us harm I will shoot them.Ē OK, you may be right but remember its going to be treated like a homicide case with all of the long legal battles. What you say publicly and what is heard by witnesses will come out in discovery. Even when beyond a reasonable doubt of self-defense of yourself or others it will cost you both emotionally and financially. The legal system too has changed where the Perp gets legally posed to being the Victim.

    Just because you can do something doesnít mean it is wise to. The greatest responsibility as law-abiding citizens who carry is to know when it is right. In retirement I do not open carry and never will. I practice frequently and I am mentally armed with the field smarts learned from the job, (USBP). I want that element of surprise if it should ever happen to me.

    Bragging and boasting is not a skill, itís a prop. Be quiet, skilled, confident and right, blend in, even career criminals are not immune to their very own ďOh CrapĒ moment.
    Excellent post in my opinion but the majority of what youíve said has already been said many times over. Even Iíve said some of the things youíve said but if you read through this thread, youíll see that my views on it were shot down every which way from Sunday. Just as I said few posts back to the author of this thread, pretty much no matter what a concealed carrier will say, most people who open carry donít care about pros and cons of each method of carry. They have only one preferred method of carry and thatís the only one that makes sense to them. No argument against that is going to change their mind. Whether itís to proudly display their second amendment rights, to piss off the liberals, or because they live in a state that allows open carry only without an infringing permit.

    You realize, since Iíve lived here in Oklahoma - 6 years this past February, that Iíve only seen maybe three people who open carry? One the other day in a restaurant but I wouldnít be surprised if the reason for that was only because he was with a group of guys who were out riding motorcycles. I dunno, he may open carry all the time, I have no idea. That was just my first impression. Fact remaining, you donít see it much. Probably because in order to carry period, a permit is required; well, at least up until this coming November when our constitutional carry goes in to effect. That is, unless it gets appealed. I donít know about when after our constitutional carry law gets passed but, I guarantee ya that if that constitutional open carry would have gotten passed back in 2016, thatís probably all youíd see after that is open carriers.

    I agree with what you said but, there is no argument in this debate. Itís just like with the toilet paper argument; loading that toilet paper roller either way is still gonna work and get the job done.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  11. #620
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA-a short distance from the sun
    Posts
    9,654
    I conceal carry (back pocket) my Ruger EC9s most of the time, however, when I wear my MAGA HAT, I proudly open carry my Ruger SP101 357.
    Comfort One Another With These Words Also...THERE WILL NOT BE ANOTHER GENERATION
    (1948-2028)

Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125260616263 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast