The Open Carry Argument - Page 7
Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: The Open Carry Argument

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    Allow me to be a little more diplomatic and first welcome you to USA Carry. I think Mailsail's point is that it's kinda hard to follow your line of thought when you use no capital letters and only one period in the entire paragraph (and it's not even at the end.) Proper sentence structure would certainly help to get your point across, which BTW, didn't really seem to pertain to the topic in the first place. (Another pet peeve of most forum users).

Take your time, use the "preview post" function. Maybe use the spell check on your browser. It will make the conversation flow alot more smoothly.
    Thanks and sorry. I just got in to guns and have been learning as much as i can about them and hell i didn't even read much till i got my glock 23 and wanted to learn as much as i could on all the laws and learn more about a CCW and then i took a class to get one. i did not spend a lot time in school when i was young i had a hard time with it so my sentence structure and spelling sucks and i am not sure where all the capital letters and period go in paragraph I am still learning how to use the site and what all the function are for.you guys sure know how to make someone feel welcome thanks for the heads up on the site and the users here so all just have to read it and stay out of conversation i am not that good at it! and if this is a pet peeve of most of forum users i am going to get this all the time if i don't just stay out of the conversations I may not fit in that well if you guys are that picky about the users.nice site just to bad i don't fit in that well here. yea i know it maybe hard to read but you will not have to worry about after this time.THANKS FOR THE WELCOME

Quote Originally Posted by Mainsail View Post
    Uh, can you rewrite that in English?
    but your comment sucked to me nice welcome

4. Quote Originally Posted by rays View Post
    ... i did not spend a lot time in school when i was young i had a hard time with it so my sentence structure and spelling sucks and i am not sure where all the capital letters and period go in paragraph... if this is a pet peeve of most of forum users i am going to get this all the time if i don't just stay out of the conversations...
    Rays: No one is expecting you to write like an English major, but readability is important if you want people to understand what you're trying to say. It can be difficult enough to convey our thoughts accurately through writing without making it even more difficult with run-on sentences, improper punctuation and no capitalization.

You posted again after the post I quoted from above. That post was much easier to read, but would've been better still with some Caps thrown in. The first word after a period is always capitalized. There are couple of easy ways to help ensure readabilty prior to posting. One is to write your post in a word processor program (like MS Word), which will point out typical grammatical and structural errors for you as you write. That way you can fix them before posting. Once it's ready, you can simply copy and paste your post into the comment window. The other is to use the spell-check tool right here on the site. It is located in the top right corner of the comment window. The icon is "ABC" with a check mark below.

If you're unwilling or unable to take small steps like these to improve the readability of your writing, yes - you probably will continue to get comments on HOW your posts are written, rather than what you're trying to say.

To all you English major out there Thanks for trying to help! I was thinking this was a site about CCW. But if you guys want to help me with my English and my improper punctuation and no capitalization Thanks I can use all the help i can get. Just try not to be to hard on me.I am a Worker not a sit behind a desk kind of guy so this may come a little slow for me.

Regardless of what the site is about, Rays, if you want to effectively communicate on it, you need to focus on your writing skills in order to get your ideas across to the readers. Don't be offended; writing well is difficult for most or us. By the way, your last post was greatly improved over previous ones.

Quote Originally Posted by rays View Post
    So it like that! you must just like to argue or try and piss people off that fine. just because you can spell good don't make you life smart it just makes you book smart. you have a nice day dude! hope it gets better for you and you find someone that likes argue with you
    Easy, Easy... Right, It was not nice to post what was posted in reply to your post. I agree. I like the no argue stance on your part as well, But ignore it. That works well and leaves them guessing...

I agree with the basic idea of your post with regards to not wanting to take life. I would have to say that none of the site members would feel all that good about doing so, but in a situation in which no choice is left for the peace loving, law abiding citizen and death or serious injury could be the end result for the victim...Then BANG BANG... So it will end.
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

8. Good original post; I just read it for the first time. I wish OC was legal in Texas; I was actually quite surprised upon moving here to realize it was not. If it was, I would probably still CC most of the time, but I can definitely recognize the benefits of OC.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceFrank View Post
    Good original post; I just read it for the first time. I wish OC was legal in Texas; I was actually quite surprised upon moving here to realize it was not. If it was, I would probably still CC most of the time, but I can definitely recognize the benefits of OC.
    What about if your out on the range driving the cows/horses are the cowboys not allowed to OC in there cowboy holster?

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    What about if your out on the range driving the cows/horses are the cowboys not allowed to OC in there cowboy holster?
    Private property is a whole new ballgame.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    Easy, Easy... Right, It was not nice to post what was posted in reply to your post. I agree. I like the no argue stance on your part as well, But ignore it. That works well and leaves them guessing...

I agree with the basic idea of your post with regards to not wanting to take life. I would have to say that none of the site members would feel all that good about doing so, but in a situation in which no choice is left for the peace loving, law abiding citizen and death or serious injury could be the end result for the victim...Then BANG BANG... So it will end.
    I am on the same page with that kind of thinking. Pretty sure i said the same thing with less words. All i was saying is that I would not be happy that i had to take there life. Thats not saying that i wouldn't be happy that i had done the right thing. For the right reson.

On to something Else i want to use the spell check But not sure witch one to download ieSpell - A Spell Checker for Internet Explorer download now! (Primary Mirror) CNET Download.com
    download now! (Secondary Mirror) SimTel
    download now! (Secondary Mirror) Major Geeks
    download now! (US Mirror) hostultra
    I have No Clue. A little help Please

Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast