Ordered to ground at gunpoint for open carrying by cleveland heights ohio police - Page 14
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Ordered to ground at gunpoint for open carrying by cleveland heights ohio police

The only time that I would OC is at home, any other time is asking for an encounter with LEO or worse a BG hitting you over the head from the rear and taking you weapon and using against you.
    Stay alert and avoid bad stuff, carry concealed. Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1climber View Post
    The only time that I would OC is at home, any other time is asking for an encounter with LEO or worse a BG hitting you over the head from the rear and taking you weapon and using against you.
    Stay alert and avoid bad stuff, carry concealed. Just my two cents.
    Of course I would never say it can never happen. In fact, we have a member of this forum who has been shot in the back and had his sidearm taken. So, sure it can, happen. But statistically, it is highly unlikely.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    If it weren't for your translation of Jessepeaks convoluted diatribe, then I wouldn't have had the patience to muddle through the horrible syntax and heinous disregard for punctuation.
    After his post, curiosity got me and I went to see the site jessepeakdotcom. I looked at the fee he is asking for his presence at an event, and double-checked the URL to make sure I hadn't gone to funnyjunk.com by mistake.
    Last edited by wolfhunter; 05-21-2010 at 09:48 PM. Reason: spelling

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    I seem to be having a lot of mixed feelings on this one:

Being black, I certainly try to avoid ALLpolice encounters. Its not like I dress like a thug or anything, but they just treat me differently. And wow, if I was open carrying, I'm afraid I would be shot if I made a false move.

I do appreciate people "Fighting the Good Fight" but I don't think police entrapment is all that helpful. I believe there needs to be a strategy to enlighten the public so they don't make those GWAG calls(although I was shocked how the LEO in the video was like, "not everyone can have a gun"). Yes this is true but BGs usually don't use kydex/leather OWB holsters.
    Sidewinder, I agree with you on this and being that you are a black guy, I can imagine the response YOU would probably get verses me being a forties something white guy. Do you find that black cops treat you any different then white ones? Just curious. I agree with some of the posts that it is bullpucky for the police to harass someone OC'ing when it is legal to do so. Maybe some of the cops don't even know for sure if it is OK. I look at it this way, just twenty years ago it was basically illegal to carry ANY handgun around, so in the light of that I am just happy with being able to carry concealed. I am a little worried though about our civilian police forces. I am with them and want to support them because I don't think any of us would want to live in a society without them holding the "thin blue line", but I think they are starting to get a little militaristic in how they go about their jobs. It always worries me when the "civilian" police start to look like I did when I was in the Marines.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
    I have a feeling it was just a troll.
    I am new to this forum business, so you will have to excuse the stupid question, but what does it mean when you say "troll"?

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    Of course I would never say it can never happen. In fact, we have a member of this forum who has been shot in the back and had his sidearm taken. So, sure it can, happen. But statistically, it is highly unlikely.
    Who? I would love to hear the details on that story.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    Who? I would love to hear the details on that story.
    His username is Tattedupboy.
    Here's his story: http://www.usacarry.com/forums/gener...4-im-back.html

I look at it this way, just twenty years ago it was basically illegal to carry ANY handgun around, so in the light of that I am just happy with being able to carry concealed.
    And 20 years before that no one gave a second thought to someone walking down the street with a gun except maybe in the insane big cities. Prior to 1968 you could mail order a gun. If you were big enough to reach the counter and had the money you could buy a gun (I bought my first at age 13) and my first handgun at age 16.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

Just kidding, Jimbo!

Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    And 20 years before that no one gave a second thought to someone walking down the street with a gun except maybe in the insane big cities. Prior to 1968 you could mail order a gun. If you were big enough to reach the counter and had the money you could buy a gun (I bought my first at age 13) and my first handgun at age 16.
    Yeah, and those muzzle loaded pistols were HEAVY for a 16 year old!
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

i agree with your open carry and it being legal and all but you dont need to try and lecture the cop and call him a nazi. you should know how to show a little respect, and for what a leo goes through on a day to day basis i think u should show more respect.

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast