Ordered to ground at gunpoint for open carrying by cleveland heights ohio police - Page 18
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 219

Thread: Ordered to ground at gunpoint for open carrying by cleveland heights ohio police

  1. #171
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kalifornia & Idaho
    Posts
    1,052
    Quote Originally Posted by headhunter View Post
    As many have stated and I agree I have no desire to OC. However, I do believe the issue to be one of the right to "bear" or to carry a firearm. In most states you must spend money in order to reach the point where you can carry concealed. The right to bear or carry should be free and the way for any and all law abiding citizens to do this in any stsate in the union should be OC. Until any law abiding citizen can OC in any state the word "bear" in the 2 amendment is being infringed.
    I think that is an excellent thought. Since Kalifornia wants to outlaw OC (albeit with an unloaded gun), then the Justice system must (if it is to follow the Constitution) force legalized Concealed Carry for all. In order to follow the Constitution, "bear arms" must be followed. I personally don't care whether it is Open Carry or Concealed Carry.
    Maybejim

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

    What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

  2.   
  3. #172
    This whole thread has my head hurting.

    "When a government robs Peter to pay Paul it will alway's have the support of Paul" George Bernard Shaw

  4. #173
    The film was blacked out after he went to the ground when I tried to see it. From what I heard, however, it seems like this gentleman was looking for a confrontation with the police. Personally, I see no reason to carry my weapon openly. This does not present a macho image for the carrier nor do I see a reason to show off my weapon just for the hell of it. When this occured, the man deliberately turned his camera to face the policeman and seemingly instigate the incident. If that was his intent, he got what he deserved. In this day and time, being a policeman is difficult enough in dealing with criminals and maybe he felt justified in putting him on the ground. I don't know what he looked like (how he was dressed) but maybe that caused the policeman to be cautious. Some of the conversation I heard from the police was blatantly incorrect however I would not take the chance of being shot just to argue. Reference to the police as "Gestapo" I think is unfair. They were at least trying to do their job. Give them a break but take your film to the police department for their review. Are you going to refer to them as "Gestapo" when you have a real emergency requiring their presence?

  5. Quote Originally Posted by knighted4 View Post
    in this day and age you need to accept the response of those who do not agree or understand. JMO

    knighted4
    I most vehemently disagree! There is no need to accept actions of poilice officers violating the 4th amendment rights of Americans ESPECIALLY at gunpoint!, regardless of what those police officers agree with or understand. John Hancock stated that it was the citizen's DUTY to stand up AGAINST a government that did not respect the rights of the citizen, and I fully agree with him.

  6. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    I most vehemently disagree! There is no need to accept actions of poilice officers violating the 4th amendment rights of Americans ESPECIALLY at gunpoint!, regardless of what those police officers agree with or understand. John Hancock stated that it was the citizen's DUTY to stand up AGAINST a government that did not respect the rights of the citizen, and I fully agree with him.
    Absolutely, the role of the LEO is to enforce laws...NOT thier opinions.

    We have a real problem when cops are allowed to make up or "enforce" thier opinions......


    Steve

  7. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    The film was blacked out after he went to the ground when I tried to see it. From what I heard, however, it seems like this gentleman was looking for a confrontation with the police. Personally, I see no reason to carry my weapon openly. This does not present a macho image for the carrier nor do I see a reason to show off my weapon just for the hell of it. When this occured, the man deliberately turned his camera to face the policeman and seemingly instigate the incident. If that was his intent, he got what he deserved. In this day and time, being a policeman is difficult enough in dealing with criminals and maybe he felt justified in putting him on the ground. I don't know what he looked like (how he was dressed) but maybe that caused the policeman to be cautious. Some of the conversation I heard from the police was blatantly incorrect however I would not take the chance of being shot just to argue. Reference to the police as "Gestapo" I think is unfair. They were at least trying to do their job. Give them a break but take your film to the police department for their review. Are you going to refer to them as "Gestapo" when you have a real emergency requiring their presence?
    So what I gather fromyour post is that you don't support the 2nd Ammendment

    You don't support the 1rst Ammendment (You know that pesky freedom of speech thingy)

    And you don't support the 4th Ammendment agianst unreasonable search

    Tell me amigo.....just what parts of the Consistution do you support?

    You evidently support the police enforcing thier opinions.....


    Steve

  8. #177
    As 45acp has stated the constitution clarifies my GOD given rights to free speach to self protection to freedom from oppression. Like arizona and new hampshire,, or one of those states up there in yankeedom, they have the intellectual freedom to know that the "right to bear arms' is that a right, an unalienable right ie noone can take it away from me, so they passed constitutional carry which mean i have the ability to carry open or conceeld as the mood suites me. To charge exuberant fee's to allow me to carry conceeled, is a form of taxation,, by the way i wasnt consulted on this so its with out equal representation, think thats in the constitution somplace also, and a way of INFRINGING on my right cause some people dont have the money to do all they require to obtain said permit. A right regulated/delayed is a right denied..Wonder how fast those police officerswho enforce their OPINIONS would have a hissyfit if we even thought about doing to them what they do yo us????

  9. #178
    Steve, I am a supporter of the Constitution and its amendments, especially the Second Amendment. I have carried weapons all my life and have been licensed in several states. I have owned (and still do) many guns in my life and will continue to do so. I will not, however, try to instigate a confrontation on the street with a police officer just to prove a point. I am not a fashion policeman but a persons appearance on the street does have an effect on how you view them. That and his demeanor should give rise to caution in a situation where he is openly displaying a firearm. This man could have been a psycho for all the policeman knew. Maybe you should join a ride along group with your local police department to get the view from their side of the fence. There can be horse's rear ends on a police force and, conversely, there are a great many in the civilian populace. I will do everything I can to protect my rights under the Second Amendment but I refuse to act stupidly and have a confrontation with a police officer and possibly get shot. There is an old saying, "Discretion is the better part of valor." I will keep my rights to carry my weapon but my battle for that right will be done with civility and not through a confrontation that will make me look like a horse's rear end as well as other like minded people. Also, I am a firm supporter of law enforcement personnel and had a little law enforcement training myself about 50 years ago. If they make a mistake, I will not hesitate to make an issue of it but in a civilized manner. I have a daughter and son-in-law out in your part of the country and he is one of those law enforcement officers who have had a bounty placed on their heads by the Mexican cartel so I am keenly interested in everything to do with the Second Amendment.

  10. the cops come off so stupid in that clip it makes me sick. also, the guy in the video so blatently instigates the confrontation that it takes away from the real issue here. save the 2nd ammendment

  11. Quote Originally Posted by freeskier View Post
    The cops come off so stupid in that clip it makes me sick. Also, the guy in the video so blatantly instigates the confrontation that it takes away from the real issue here: save the 2nd amendment.
    HEAR, HEAR!

    (Although corrected for spelling..... sorry, couldn't resist!)

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast