Ordered to ground at gunpoint for open carrying by cleveland heights ohio police - Page 20
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 219

Thread: Ordered to ground at gunpoint for open carrying by cleveland heights ohio police

  1. Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    It's just like when someone calls because the music is too loud...the cops have to investigate,

    Too loud music (during certain hours) is illegal. There is a big difference.
    Actually, maybejim, I agree with the original statement. It is just like when someone calls because the music is too loud.

    1. Someone calls because the music is too loud OR there is a man with a gun.

    2. Cops show up:

    They drive by, roll down their window, hear no music, investigation complete. No evidence of loud music, no evidence of a crime being committed, cops go their merry way.

    OR

    They drive by, they see a person lawfully carrying a firearm in a holster, see no evidence of a crime being committed, investigation complete. No evidence of a crime, cops go their merry way.

  2.   
  3. #192
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kalifornia & Idaho
    Posts
    1,052
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Actually, maybejim, I agree with the original statement. It is just like when someone calls because the music is too loud.

    1. Someone calls because the music is too loud OR there is a man with a gun.

    2. Cops show up:

    They drive by, roll down their window, hear no music, investigation complete. No evidence of loud music, no evidence of a crime being committed, cops go their merry way.

    OR

    They drive by, they see a person lawfully carrying a firearm in a holster, see no evidence of a crime being committed, investigation complete. No evidence of a crime, cops go their merry way.
    Can't disagree with that. Reasonable and sane. Of course if enough people actually utilized their rights the sheeple would stop having hysterics because someone is carrying a gun or walking down the street.
    Maybejim

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

    What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

  4. Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    Can't disagree with that. Reasonable and sane. Of course if enough people actually utilized their rights the sheeple would stop having hysterics because someone is carrying a gun or walking down the street.
    Amen to that! There is an open carrier in Seattle that lives in a bad part of town. Some of the stores he frequents, such as the Safeway, like him going there because they feel safer with him there. We had an open carry BBQ at his apartment complex, our third there, we had 70 people there, about 40% open carrying. That apartment complex manager was showing a couple of prospective residents around, I wonder what they thought when she showed them the recreation area and there were 40-45 people toting guns on their belts! She made a point to say to the organizer that she really liked it when we had our get togethers there because anyone was welcome to come in and partake of our food and she knew a bunch of the residents really liked that.

  5. #194
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    475

    Why?

    After reading to the end of the topic I am left with only 2 questions.

    #1 Why is it people have no problem with a person having a gun at their side if they are wearing a uniform?
    Police and the armed guards that pick up cash from stores Brinks and Loomis are the names of the 2 I see here in Washington state.

    #2 Why are people afraid of other people that open carry? The only reason I can come up with is that that they are missing the uniform which for some reason makes people feel ok about them being armed.

    If you have a CCW and people know you have a gun without you telling them then you are not CC correctly.

    As far as why OC because it lets everyone know that you have a gun just like the police whose gun is on display for all to see. It lets anyone know that you have a gun. I am not a bad guy but I believe that all BG's would not try to rob a store with police in it. 1 because they are armed and 2 because they can radio for more police to show. Same goes for seeing a civi with a gun holstered on their hip. If you CC you have to react to the situation whereas if you OC the bad guy has to react to the fact that you can put up a fight and most will wait till you are gone to carry out their plan. While the CC is still shopping and gets caught in the situation where bad guy is robbing the store since the threat of the OCer is gone.

    So on goes the debate of OC or CC
    I have done both but prefer CC because I don't want to be in a situation like freedom_fighter777 and you never know how the LEO is going to behave.

  6. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    After reading to the end of the topic I am left with only 2 questions.

    #1 Why is it people have no problem with a person having a gun at their side if they are wearing a uniform?
    Police and the armed guards that pick up cash from stores Brinks and Loomis are the names of the 2 I see here in Washington state.

    #2 Why are people afraid of other people that open carry? The only reason I can come up with is that that they are missing the uniform which for some reason makes people feel ok about them being armed.
    IMO the answer is simple FEAR. Today people are afraid of everything. It's difficult to tell the BG from the GG!
    We've had to deal with Shootings like Columbine, where in the past kids use to settle their differences with fists. It has nothing to do with the issue, it is just the perception of a threat.

    Most people are afraid of everything...INCLUDING being afraid to protect themselves. Would we be better off banning all guns? Probably yes, but unfortunately banning all guns would only result in only the BG having them!

  7. #196
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by cabrera View Post
    Would we be better off banning all guns? Probably yes, but unfortunately banning all guns would only result in only the BG having them!
    I am glad that you realize that if guns were banned that the criminals would still have them. And I by keeping my gun would become a criminal.

    If you look at the school shooting you will see that the only thing to stop the actions of the person is another person with a gun or rifle and that person is usually a LEO. If people can get over their fear of guns and realize that it is the person who is using the gun that decides if it will be used for good or bad actions.

    As for the fear is what making people freak out they need to be told to clam down and wait to see if the person with a gun is going to be a threat to them before freaking out. As I am not naive enough to believe that just because the person is wearing a uniform means that they are a good guy and can be trusted. People all have a limit to how much they can take before snapping.Unfortunately there is no way of telling that the person has reached that level until it is to late.

  8. #197
    i have to say. oc is simply nuts. i know it is your right, but it is insane to do so.
    What is the point of oc? To just exercise your rights?
    Why do people want to go and shove it in their face that you can exercise your rights.
    What is the point? To work some more support for the anti gun people? that is all that it's doing.
    I am very pro gun, but when i see someone oc, i am immediately drawn to them. why? because it is unusual. Then people wonder why the oc and they get a weird feeling about the person doing it. It is just human nature. Getting a CCW is the easiest thing in the world in OC states. Why not just get a CCW?
    The only problem would be for those who have dui or domestic complaints, not to mention criminal records.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by cabrera View Post
    i have to say. oc is simply nuts. i know it is your right, but it is insane to do so.
    What is the point of oc? To just exercise your rights?
    Why do people want to go and shove it in their face that you can exercise your rights.
    What is the point? To work some more support for the anti gun people? that is all that it's doing.
    I am very pro gun, but when i see someone oc, i am immediately drawn to them. why? because it is unusual. Then people wonder why the oc and they get a weird feeling about the person doing it. It is just human nature. Getting a CCW is the easiest thing in the world in OC states. Why not just get a CCW?
    The only problem would be for those who have dui or domestic complaints, not to mention criminal records.
    I was going to draft a smart-a$$ answer that sounded just as ridiculous, but I don't think I will sink to that level.

    What is the point of oc? To just exercise your rights?
    Nope.
    deterrence
    A noun
    1 deterrence
    the act or process of discouraging actions or preventing occurrences by instilling fear or doubt or anxiety

    Open carry is the visible show of the ability to repel a criminal attack by the use of deadly force, if necessary. It causes the criminal to be instilled with fear, doubt, or anxiety about choosing the open carrier as a target, therefore causing them to move on or wait a couple minutes for an unarmed target to appear (which just might be you, the concealed carrier.) I would rather deter the crime from happening to me in the first place than to defend myself after the criminal act has begun.

    Why do people want to go and shove it in their face that you can exercise your rights.
    I don't want to shove anything in anyone's face and I don't. You would have to be only three feet tall for my gun to be in your face. I carry my gun in a tight fitting holster on my belt. 99% of the people never even notice it.

    What is the point? To work some more support for the anti gun people? that is all that it's doing.
    Concealed carry, and such a negative reaction to open carry such as you exhibit, does more to support the anti-gun people than open carry does. 1. It condones the idea that the gun itself is evil and should be hidden away. 2. Concealed carry does nothing to promote the positive image of an ordinary American doing ordinary things that ordinary people do, except for the fact that ordinary American cares enough about themselves and their families to have the means available to protect them from violent crime.

    I am very pro gun
    You disguise it very well. Nobody would ever guess that you are very pro gun when you are so willing to bash someone simply because they choose to wear their shirt tucked in behind their gun instead of hiding their gun.

    when i see someone oc, i am immediately drawn to them. why? because it is unusual. Then people wonder why the oc and they get a weird feeling about the person doing it.
    How do you propose to change that attitude if the only image the public gets of guns is what is presented to them by the anti-gun groups and the anti-gun media? They are never going to feel any different about guns if we don't show them decent, law abiding Americans carrying guns. Concealed carry does nothing to change their attitudes. In fact, like I state earlier, it reinforces the idea that guns are evil and need to be hidden away.

    Getting a CCW is the easiest thing in the world in OC states. Why not just get a CCW?
    Believe it or not there are some people who do not like the idea of having to pay the government for the government's permission in order to exercise the right to self protection.

    The only problem would be for those who have dui or domestic complaints, not to mention criminal records.
    And this proves a point. It sounds like you think it is OK for a state to prohibit more people than the Federal government already does from carrying a firearm. How is that consistent with being "very pro gun?" My feeling is that if the government feels a person is unsafe to carry a firearm in public because they have committed a criminal act, than the government should not allow that person to walk around in public at all. A gun is only a tool. A person is either a criminal or not. If they are too dangerous to carry a gun, then they should be too dangerous to be walking around freely in public.

  10. #199
    Amen to that!

    Thank You NavyLT.

  11. #200
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Dog View Post
    Amen to that!

    Thank You NavyLT.
    +1

    NavyLT, Thankyou for letting him know the reasons one would have to OC.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast