Giant Food Stores - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Giant Food Stores

1. Rights

One or two people who stop going to the Giant food store is not going to bother them at all and they look at you as a nut and a pain in the rear. You need a group to make some signs and stand out front and boycott the store, get some TV time and then theymight do something. That is why I think it is better to conceal carry than open carry, if not pretty soon all places will be putting up signs. If they don't see your handgun then they will never know you have one and just because you have a right to do something doesn't mean that it will be accepted by the general public..Keithmj

Quote Originally Posted by Keithmj View Post
    One or two people who stop going to the Giant food store is not going to bother them at all and they look at you as a nut and a pain in the rear. You need a group to make some signs and stand out front and boycott the store, get some TV time and then theymight do something. That is why I think it is better to conceal carry than open carry, if not pretty soon all places will be putting up signs. If they don't see your handgun then they will never know you have one and just because you have a right to do something doesn't mean that it will be accepted by the general public..Keithmj
    You're saying basically that we should hide the exercising of a Constitutional right because it might not be accepted by the general public? I'm not buying into that. I understand what you're saying but I'm not buying it. For the record, I do carry concealed most of the time as it's just my nature to stay "under the radar" (it's also cold up here and we wear jackets probably 9 months out of the year!). But, man, this is a God-given right enshrined in the Constitution! I really don't worry about what the sheep think. Maybe we just need to wake up the sheep about ALL of our Consitutional rights.

I do agree about Giant food stores. My refusal alone to patronize the place doesn't mean a hill of beans. But, it makes me feel better and I DO spread the word.

4. Talking Rights

I am not saying that you have to buy that. In that area you guys can do it how you want. I am just saying if you know they don't like open carry when you go in there, then just carry concealed, you are still exercising your rights and how would they know?. If people keep walking into Giant with the weapons showing all that is going to do is cause more trouble. Since you feel you have a constitutional right, which you do, so do I, then go back to the Giant store and exercise that right. Just walk right in and show the store owner you have that right. Don't hide the right but just go about it a different way, call the store, email them, tell them that you and your family are boycotting them. They (Giant) have their rights also.

My wife and I are nudist, some here might disagree about that but that is my right and I am kept from having my rights. We joined a group who is trying to get a nude beach in this area, they have been trying for 11 years and we still don't have a nude beach so I told them they will never get one without a fight, they disagree, so my wife and I left the group. Sometimes you have to fight to get what you want. We are fighting all the time just to keep the rights that we have now.

We have a right to do lots more than what we are allowed to do. That is why we have the NRA and other groups to help us keep those rights. I don't care what the sheep think but they can cause trouble for us. I also think it is foolish to hide from others that we carry a handgun if we carry concealed as most states only allow. Why hide it from everyone? Some won't wear a NRA tee shirt or a USCCA tee shirt because they don't want anyone to know they carry. I have talked to several people about carrying my concealed weapon and now they are thinking about getting their CWP. People need to be educated more about guns. The last three arrests for shootings in this area has been by recently released felons and not by legal permit holders. We all have to do what we think we need to do when it comes to carrying our weapons, at least we are exercising our rights by just carrying..Keithmj
    Last edited by lukem; 11-28-2010 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keithmj View Post
    If they don't see your handgun then they will never know you have one and just because you have a right to do something doesn't mean that it will be accepted by the general public..Keithmj
    If nobody sees my handgun, it makes me part of a silent group of people with no power, and a silent group of people with no power is an easy target for others - namely anti-gun politicians.

And just because I have a right to do something absolutely doesn't mean it will be accepted by the general public. But so what? I'll never be fully accepted by the general public on everything anyway.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234