Gun Shows in Oregon - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun Shows in Oregon

Albany gun show September 26 and 27, 2009. Albany always puts on a good show
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

3. What subsection of Oregon Chapter 166 states that it's illegal to carry concealed at a gun show? I'm not seeing any restrictions.
    I'm only talking about concealed carry license holders carrying concealed, not open carry, purchasing, background checks or anything else at a gun show.
    I understand that if it's private property and posted to deny concealed carry, then it's their right to deny. That's where I have the issue, as they even offer concealed handgun classes and don't honor card holders. It's hypocritical in my book.

Please enlighten me on the statue if you have it, or any one else has comment, please feel free.

I was just refering to the gun shows not allowing chambered weapons, and by law we have to abide by thier wish. And with so many guns around, the chances of having an accidental discharge and a law suit on thier hands are big enough for it to be understandable to carry such a policy. But on the other hand, "official policy" may just be a formality. Do you think that anyone is going to call the police if they see you printing at a gun show?

It may seem hypocritical, but isn't the whole system hypocritical? Gun show owners are just trying to make it in an increasingly liberal, anti-gun world like the rest of us are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

5. Update: Two different shows now.

To update, the Portland-area guns shows are now split in two.

Wes Knodel, who used to run the Collectors West shows in Portland now has his own, "Rose City Gun Show", while Collectors West still runs their own, as well.

Wes runs his every other month at the Portland Expo center, on a Saturday-Sunday; while Collectors West runs in the alternate months that Wes isn't running, on a Friday-Sunday.

Wes also runs monthly shows in Centralia, WA; and occasional shows in Medford, Central Point, and Albany, OR.

Collectors West still runs their shows elsewhere in Oregon and Washington, too; Hillsboro, and Vancouver, for example.

Links:
    Wes Knodel's "Original" Rose City Gun Show (Yes, he puts the quotation marks around "Original".)
    Collectors West Gun and Knife Shows

The next for each in the Portland Metro area are Collectors West this coming weekend (September 17-18) in Hillsboro, then Collectors West in Vancouver on October 1-2 and Portland on October 14-16; then Hillsboro again November 5-6. Then comes Wes Knodel's next show in Portland on November 19-20. Finally, the last Portland-area shows of this year will be Collectors West shows in Vancouver on December 3-4, then Portland the next weekend, 16-18.

I'll be manning a table at the Wes Knodel Portland show in November for sure, and may get one at a Collectors West show either October or December, not sure yet.

Gun show at Albany Sept. 25,26, 2011. I hope to be there
    willigun

Got to move my daughter back to the dorms in Corvallis Saturday. Plan to hit the show on the way home.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

8. I highly recommend this show - lots to see, great people to talk to and great selection of guns and entry fees help support the local rifle club.

9. Anybody have anything more current?

Quote Originally Posted by 1free View Post
    Anybody have anything more current?
    Here Collectors West > Home

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12