Out of stater applying for CCW - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Out of stater applying for CCW

Quote Originally Posted by netentity View Post
    I'd consult the Oregon Firearms Federation on that one. Keep in mind that if you are ever denied, you have to report it as such on any future CCW applications. I'd go to the extra trouble to go to Grant County who is shall issue for all OR bordering States.
    Thanks so much. I don't know where Grant County is but I'll check.

Just in case anyone needs to know.

Grant County is THE place to go. I contacted Sheriff Palmer, what a great guy! I'll be up there this spring.

CCW from Grant Co. Sheriff

I was at the WAC gun show in late March 2010...Grant County Oregon's stud of a sheriff was there...He had traveled to the show at the fair, setup a table and was doing all the stuff to get non-resident CCW/CWP' s.All on his own dime. Now sadly Oregon law only allows CWP to states that touch Oregon.

I will say,i did not have my check book for the two required checks, the sheriff did my packet anyways, I sent my check in on 4-1-10 with paperwork he did at the show. Got my permit on 4-19-10.
    I cannot state how grateful I am to Glenn the sheriff of Grant County, Or.....I hold 5 otther permits and was even easier then my home state of Washington.

This weekend he was set up in Vancouver Wash, at a round table pizza....Drive to meet this OUTSTANDING 2nd amendment supporter and great LEO.....

EVERYONE, needs to get a permit from him. ALSO, don't be afraid to give extra to get his county a AFIS (electronic scanner type machine)fingerprint machine. And lets all make sure he has the funds to get re-elected for many years.

This is the kind of man and woman EVERY elected sheriff should be !!!!!!!!

Joe Gerace

For California residents I would also suggest Klamath Falls Sheriff Dept. They were very friendly, helpful and it seemed to me that their only concern was that I already have a permit from the state I live in, which I do. They also said they were seeing a lot of applications coming in from California.

Previously I had applied in Medford and that experience was completely different. Not only was I denied but they seemed genuinely upset that I was even bothering them with this. I doubt they approve any non-resident permits.

6. Out Of Stater Applying For An Oregon Carry Permit

MerkXRTurbo: Each county is a kingdom unto itself with the sheriff as the king. Call the sheriffs' offices before making a trip. That office's carry guru, every office has one, will tell you "yes" or "no." Example -- Benton county (Corvallis, OSU, etc.) won't allow it. Several of the WA/OR counties will -- 'can't remember, off the top of my head, which ones? I've taken a number of NRA courses in the Seattle area and those instructors have located a friendly OR border county. I'll try to get the info' foryou.

Regards

Past Resident of Douglas County

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Dude View Post
    How is Douglas County for non-resident permits issue? I am a resident of California.

Thanks.
    I used to live in Douglas County and my dad lives there. is there a way to get a CC permit so I can carry while I visit. I live in WA and already and carrying a CC permit here. Any help appreciated.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    I used to live in Douglas County and my dad lives there. is there a way to get a CC permit so I can carry while I visit. I live in WA and already and carrying a CC permit here. Any help appreciated.
    Go to a sheriff's office and apply for one. Oregon issues permits to adjacent states' residents.

http://licenseinfo.oregon.gov/index...._item_id=14705
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

9. Klamath County will issue, if you own property there OR have a reason(Work in Oregon., carry money, fear for your life etc)
    I own a few acres there, so it was easy for me.

You do have to sit thru a 4 hour class, but I also met the requirements for a Utah CCW too.

Grant County sounds easier, and I hear the sherriff has the new print scanner now, and you can do the course online too!

You always wanted to see Pendleton anyway!

10. Don't apply yet (save your $65). I talked to Kim Smith yesterday. She is the one that issues CWL's for Malheur County. She told me that Oregon has a bill going to the Senate in June that will accept out of state CWL's. It has already passed the House and she sounded pretty confident that it would pass the Senate. She said it would take 45 days to get a permit and by that time I might not even need one. I already have a Idaho CWL. Oregon Firearms Federation
    If you take all the guns off the street, you still will have a crime problem.
    If you take the criminals off the street, you cannot have a gun problem.

11. This one may have been shot down. Does anyone have any more info on it?
    If you take all the guns off the street, you still will have a crime problem.
    If you take the criminals off the street, you cannot have a gun problem.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast