Gotta love Centre County PA! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Gotta love Centre County PA!

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Is the "expensive firearm" you're transporting the one you're carrying by any chance?
    Never!

    The permit does specify the approved locations I have to be transporting it to though.

  2.   
  3. #12

    PA Non Resident turn around time.

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD13 View Post
    Had the same experience, 10 day turn around. Great job Centre County!
    Mine came back in 10 days, Centre County rocks!!

  4. Too bad Centre County is no longer able to renew by mail starting 01/11.New law requires everyone must sign in person.

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter won View Post
    Too bad Centre County is no longer able to renew by mail starting 01/11.New law requires everyone must sign in person.
    I wonder how they managed to get that passed. Sounds like a loss of revenue to me. Fortunately I live only 30 minutes from PA.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Abacab View Post
    I wonder how they managed to get that passed. Sounds like a loss of revenue to me. Fortunately I live only 30 minutes from PA.
    The Sheriff from Centre county Danny Nau was interviewed and explained that a new state data system was put in place which would require a photo & signature which would end the mail in system.No secret vote sneaked in,this was passed years ago which means every county has to get the same computer system.If you have a Florida or Utah non resident permit your good in PA.Also many of the border counties in PA require a fully carry permit with no restrictions from your home state in order to apply for a PA LTC permit.

  7. #16
    A notarized signature should be OK. It's legally the same as signing in person in front of the sheriff.

    All Pennsylvania will accomplish with this scheme is to lose out-of-state money, since Utah and Florida cover Pennsylvania. Of course, that's assuming Pennsylvania maintains its reciprocity agreements.

  8. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaBoy View Post
    A notarized signature should be OK. It's legally the same as signing in person in front of the sheriff.

    All Pennsylvania will accomplish with this scheme is to lose out-of-state money, since Utah and Florida cover Pennsylvania. Of course, that's assuming Pennsylvania maintains its reciprocity agreements.

    You'd think so. However, the new system requires a signing a digital pad...similar to what a lot of stores have now...you don't sign the slip, you sign the screen...and you signature is then transferred to the slip.

    I agree with you about the loss of income....and I haven't heard anything about losing reciprocity states...

  9. #18
    Well, my Pennsylvania license doesn't expire until May 2015, so maybe things will loosen up by then. Of course, by 2015 government goons might be going door to door looking to confiscate guns, too.

    I can understand updating the system so that all Pennsylvania licenses are consistent, but it shouldn't be hard to do what Utah, Florida, Maine, Virginia, New Hampshire, and other states do for signatures and photos. That lack of accommodation makes me suspect that some Pennsylvania politicians simply don't want out-of-state licenses issued.

    The funny thing is that nonresidents who want to carry in the Keystone State can do so easily through reciprocity with various states. So in the end all Pennsylvania is doing is cutting off its nose to spite its face.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by BamaBoy View Post
    Well, my Pennsylvania license doesn't expire until May 2015, so maybe things will loosen up by then. Of course, by 2015 government goons might be going door to door looking to confiscate guns, too.

    I can understand updating the system so that all Pennsylvania licenses are consistent, but it shouldn't be hard to do what Utah, Florida, Maine, Virginia, New Hampshire, and other states do for signatures and photos. That lack of accommodation makes me suspect that some Pennsylvania politicians simply don't want out-of-state licenses issued.

    The funny thing is that nonresidents who want to carry in the Keystone State can do so easily through reciprocity with various states. So in the end all Pennsylvania is doing is cutting off its nose to spite its face.
    The reason why so many did apply to Centre County was because it was so inexpensive $26 USD.I did go in person to the Pike County Sheriffs office located in Milford PA which is off I84 in NE PA bordering NY,NJ.The reason I did not do the Centre County is because it has no photo and is just a paper slip.Pike County like other PA counties requires a permit must have no restrictions on it from your home state.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by hunter won View Post
    The reason why so many did apply to Centre County was because it was so inexpensive $26 USD.I did go in person to the Pike County Sheriffs office located in Milford PA which is off I84 in NE PA bordering NY,NJ.The reason I did not do the Centre County is because it has no photo and is just a paper slip.Pike County like other PA counties requires a permit must have no restrictions on it from your home state.
    the few people i know who obtained them from Centre County just had them laminated with their photo's on them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast