Permit size?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Permit size?

1. Permit size?

So my old PA concealed carry permit issued through Centre County came laminated and wallet size. My new renewal is about a 3" x 5" piece of paper. Doesn't appear this will fold and laminate very well, has anyone come up with alternatives so it stays in tact for 5 years?

Never heard of any that size, My SC. CWP is driver licens size, and laminated... Good Luck
    Glock Carrier in SC.

MufDady

4. Quote Originally Posted by MufDady View Post
    Never heard of any that size, My SC. CWP is driver licens size, and laminated... Good Luck
    Same here. I'm in Chester County and mine is the same size as my driver's license and came laminated.

Henry

5. mine is the size of my drivers license and is made of plastic just like my drivers license

What about those travel wallets that you wear around your neck?

http://www.swissarmy.com/TravelGear/...product=35341&

Just reduce the size on a photocopier and laminate it. I just got my non-resident on Friday, same size as yours, and reduced its size on a copier. It looks good, everything is perfectly legible.
    NRA, GOA, TNFA, TNGCA

Go back to the sheriff

See if they'll give you the wallet size kind.

Quote Originally Posted by HKShooter View Post
    So my old PA concealed carry permit issued through Centre County came laminated and wallet size. My new renewal is about a 3" x 5" piece of paper. Doesn't appear this will fold and laminate very well, has anyone come up with alternatives so it stays in tact for 5 years?
    I have a nonresident permit from Centre County. I solved that problem by going to Kinko's and having them shrink it down to credit card size and laminating it.

Currently some PA counties use plastic and some use paper. My county (Carbon) currently uses a 3x5-ish card folded in half that is laminated. I was told that they will be going to the "plastic" permits in a year or two that look more like driver's licenses.

When I got my original Center County PA permit is was the big size, so I contacted the Sheriff's Office to confirm it was legal to copy, reduce and laminate it.

They informed me that this practice was fine and that the permit was still recognized as the original.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast