Where can't you carry in pa? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Where can't you carry in pa?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Close to Reading, PA
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_010 View Post
    WOAH...I got a pat down when I went to see a Phillies game in Philadelphia last weekend. I wasn't carrying but if I was it would have been ok?!?!?
    Legally, you would be perfectly OK to carry into a Phillies game in Philly, provided you have an LTCF. However, the stadium is private property, and they have the right to deny you entrance for pretty much whatever reason. I'm sure weapons are one of those reasons, so they would have told you to leave.

    But they couldn't do anything to you in terms of law. Then again, it IS Philly, so I'm sure the police would have tried to make your life difficult for a while...

  2.   
  3. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Close to Reading, PA
    Posts
    151
    As for places illegal to carry in PA...

    K-12 schools are a grey area. It is illegal to carry on school property unless you have a "lawful purpose", which is extremely vague. Nobody has been tried for it as of yet -- probably because no prosecutor's office wants to have a precedent against them set.

    Secure areas of airports are off limits while other areas are perfectly fine. Casinos are also out, as are court facilities.

    If you want an entire list, google the Pennsylvania Uniform Firearms Act.

    Or just click <A HREF="http://reference.pafoa.org/statutes/PA/18/II/G/61/A/uniform-firearms-act/">here.</A>

  4. #13
    I thought I remembered someone saying you couldn't carry in Philly. I just came back today from a few weeks working down there. Let me say, EVERYONE should carry there. I thought Boston was bad! People get shot there every day, and cops getting shot too.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

  5. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by PennJersey.info View Post
    I had thought that to be true in PA also (sort of). I thought that you can carry in a restaurant that has a bar - you just can't go to the bar area.
    You can carry into any restaurant...any bar...and

    Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    I was told that you can carry in a bar, but you can't drink alcohol.
    However, be wary of carry in the post office!
    You can even drink....there are no carry/alcohol restrictions in PA

    Quote Originally Posted by 1911Jon View Post
    From that link I found:

    "*Colleges are not prohibited by law, however the college could levy their own infractions like expelling the person or other civil punishments."

    So in effect, campus bans are just as unconstitutional as the DC ban. Why haven't we pushed this issue?
    College campuses are private property...

    Quote Originally Posted by ted-in-PA View Post
    I beleive any establishment has the right to ban firearms within their premises, however a clear posting of said policy is required. Further, if you are asked to removed your weapon from a location I beleive you are required to do so.
    Posting is not required...any establishment can request you leave at any time...


    Quote Originally Posted by rayven View Post
    Legally, you would be perfectly OK to carry into a Phillies game in Philly, provided you have an LTCF. However, the stadium is private property, and they have the right to deny you entrance for pretty much whatever reason. I'm sure weapons are one of those reasons, so they would have told you to leave.

    But they couldn't do anything to you in terms of law. Then again, it IS Philly, so I'm sure the police would have tried to make your life difficult for a while...
    Technically, the stadium is owned by the city of Philadelphia...it is leased by the Phillies...and they set the admission standards.

    Quote Originally Posted by OldOwl View Post
    I thought I remembered someone saying you couldn't carry in Philly. I just came back today from a few weeks working down there. Let me say, EVERYONE should carry there. I thought Boston was bad! People get shot there every day, and cops getting shot too.
    A PA LTCF....or any out of state license honored by PA...is good throughout the entire state. The thing with Philly is you can OC anywhere in the state without a license...EXCEPT in Philly. You must have a license to carry in any fashion inside the city limits.

  6. #15
    Thanks for clearing that up. Never know when I'll get called back to work there. It was pretty weird just walking into Walmart and asking for a box of ammo and buying it like so much candy. I guess we've been conditioned in this communist state of assachusetts to feel like a criminal whenever we buy guns or ammo. Really sick of this state.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

  7. #16
    Isn't it sad that it's the big cities like Philadelphia that hate gun owners, is where you need protection the most?

    Philadelphia tries to run it's own show, but they are still under the Pennsylvania state laws like the rest of us.
    I have heard that they do make it difficult to get a concealed carry permit, which is why they hate Utah and Florida non-resident permits and they have tried to start legislation to make the Pennsylvania CCW permit residents only.

    Will everyone ever have the guts to play by the same set of rules ???
    I guess the "No" answer is why I own guns !!!

  8. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by OldOwl View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up. Never know when I'll get called back to work there. It was pretty weird just walking into Walmart and asking for a box of ammo and buying it like so much candy. I guess we've been conditioned in this communist state of assachusetts to feel like a criminal whenever we buy guns or ammo. Really sick of this state.
    It could be worse!
    This shouldn't be too surprising, but in New Jersey Wal-Marts, they don't sell ammunition, at least in the one near where I work.

  9. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    It could be worse!
    This shouldn't be too surprising, but in New Jersey Wal-Marts, they don't sell ammunition, at least in the one near where I work.
    I didnt see any ammo in a Walmart in Philly...Delaware AVe...either...

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Frackville Pa
    Posts
    1

    Pavs

    Quote Originally Posted by steve_010 View Post
    WOAH...I got a pat down when I went to see a Phillies game in Philadelphia last weekend. I wasn't carrying but if I was it would have been ok?!?!?
    Went to Phils game with family in July. Left handgun in car but so used to carrying Gerber foldable knife in pocket I forgot about it.Security patted me found knife. Was told to leave it with them (could not getit back) or return to car with it . Was not about to give up $65.00 knife, went back to car, and missed HR hit by J Werth

  11. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    I didnt see any ammo in a Walmart in Philly...Delaware AVe...either...
    As much as I hate Walmart, I buy ammo there because it's about all that they sell made in USA. I took all the S&W 40 they had in the place in Philly.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast