Non-resident permit - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-resident permit

All mine says is license to carry pistol. Thats cause the judges in Wayne County know there is nothing in the law about restrictons. When I got my PA LTCF from Warren County they told me if my license was restricted they couldn't do it.

3. Sent in my application to Centre County on Jan 23rd...Got my nonresident license on Jan. 31st.
    Sig P220 Carry Equinox - .45 ACP
    NRA Member

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -Thomas Jefferson, 1776

NYS here, Greene county unrestricted...my PA says self-defense

5. I have a resident permit from Chester County, PA and mine is not paper but credit card sized and laminated. TOok two weeks or less for me to get my permit from the day I applied. SHERIFF: Firearms Permit FAQ

Henry

7 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reveived my PA non resident almost as fast as I would Chinese food!!! YEAH Centre County Sheriff's Dept. I'd recommend them to anyone looking to get the PA non resident in a timely manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
    7 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reveived my PA non resident almost as fast as I would Chinese food!!! YEAH Centre County Sheriff's Dept. I'd recommend them to anyone looking to get the PA non resident in a timely manner.
    I just had the same experience. The license requires my signature and returning two of the three part form. I'm including a personal letter of "Thank You" for this outstanding service from a public servant.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!
    EDC Primary: M&P45fs, Crimson Trace LaserGrips, Insight XTI Procyon light in SmartCarry holster
    >>> http://MP-Pistol.com/
    EDC BUF: LCP, Crimson Trace LaserGuard in DeSantis Super Fly holster
    >>> http://LCPforum.com/

8. Centre County PA is very popular just photo copy your drivers license and pistol license and in a week your able to carry in PA ,even restricted permit holders from New York are given a CCW from what Sightontarget said.New York a full Carry is unrestricted,many of the PA counties know the restricted permit is not a full carry since it is written that way in the NYS Penal Law.Carrying a gun in PA with a non-resident CCW with your NY restricted permit handgun is opening a can of worms.The PA law means that your state must be a concealed carry state which NY is however the county permit you have must be no restrictions which equal full carry.Remember that the counties have the ability to put restrictions on your permit and the law allows this.Milford County PA issues a plastic card with your photo and takes about 6 weeks,you must go in person to do this.

Good morning all,
    My first post on this site. My questions are in regard to this thread. I would like to get a CCW license for Chester County PA where my brother lives. I have gone to several websites for information. I cannot believe that here in NY state with our tough application process, we do not have a reciprocal agreement with PA!!! Go figure!!! Anyway, I have printed the 3 page application from the Centre County PA web page. I'm concerned that someone earlier in this thread mentioned that it is "just a piece of paper." Does that mean it may not be officially recognized in another county or just that it's not a hard credit card sized license as mine is here in NY?
    Thank you one and all for any help you can give me on this.
    Rich K.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurus1911Fan View Post
    Good morning all,
    My first post on this site. My questions are in regard to this thread. I would like to get a CCW license for Chester County PA where my brother lives. I have gone to several websites for information. I cannot believe that here in NY state with our tough application process, we do not have a reciprocal agreement with PA!!! Go figure!!! Anyway, I have printed the 3 page application from the Centre County PA web page. I'm concerned that someone earlier in this thread mentioned that it is "just a piece of paper." Does that mean it may not be officially recognized in another county or just that it's not a hard credit card sized license as mine is here in NY?
    Thank you one and all for any help you can give me on this.
    Rich K.
    The non-resident PA license is "just a piece of paper"...meaning it is printed on paper...and is not a plastic card. But you can laminate it. When i had the paper license i would fold it in half first then laminate it, as it is larger than credit card size without folding.

You said you printed 3 page application...just a heads up...Page 2 & 3 must be on the same piece of paper...front and back. Mail it in to Centre County sheriff and you will get the license back in the mail. and its good for all of PA...including Philadelphia...

PA Non Resident

Hello mrjam2jab, thanks for the reply. I did read on one of the PA websites that a license issued in any county within PA is good all over the state, so, I guess my question of whether all other counties would recognize a license issued by Centre County is redundant!!! My bad!!!

I forgot to ask one other question regarding the application; it says I need to list 2 references. Do these need to be PA residents or can they be one from PA and the other, my boss, the Sheriff of Delaware County NY? The application from Chester County PA where my brother lives says it MUST be 2 PA residents.

Thanks again

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast