Non-resident permit - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-resident permit

The only requirement by law is that references not be related to you. They can live anywhere in the US...although there are some sheriffs that like to add their own illegal "requirements". I see where Chester sheriff says they "should be" Chester residents...but they cant require that.

Also note where Chester sheriff states:

The License to Carry a Firearm issued in Chester County is valid throughout Pennsylvania, including state parks and the City of Philadelphia. Please keep in mind that there are some areas where it is prohibited to carry a firearm: schools, courts (both county and district), and county properties (parks, and anywhere it may be posted).
    Bolded...PA has State pre-emption meaning Counties can not create their own ordinances regarding carry...therefore, carry in a county park is perfectly legal despite what the "rules" on the sign says.

New PA Licensee!!

Well, guess what came in the mail today???? My new PA Carry License!! I sent the paperwork to the Centre County Sheriff's Office on 12/1/09. Got it back today 3 days after they sent it back to me. That means if it took 3 days to originally get there and 3 days to get it back, that left 4 days to process. And, since there was a weekend involved, it really only took 2 DAYS to process!!! WOW!!!! How can you beat that?????!!!!

Thank you to everyone who helped my through this process of obtaining a Carry License for PA.

Congrats.

5. Ten days my friend had his permit from Centre County PA.Just a plain paper with no photo required.Easy everthing done by mail plus his refrences were never contacted.The other county my friend applied for denied his permit because his permit in his state issued a target & hunting permit only.

Centre County. Ten day turnaround mailbox to mailbox. My home state permit was target only and I received the normal permit back. It even says Self-Defense on it.

Florida non-resident and Virginia non-resident CCW license is the way to go. Thirty six state reciprocity including PA. Getting mine this Saturday and I am a PA licensed holder.
    John S
    I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy

Sorry, FL and VA non-resident is what I meant. Forget Maryland. Sorry again.
    John S
    I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy

Quote Originally Posted by hunter won View Post
    Ten days my friend had his permit from Centre County PA.Just a plain paper with no photo required.Easy everthing done by mail plus his refrences were never contacted.The other county my friend applied for denied his permit because his permit in his state issued a target & hunting permit only.
    Just curious what county denied because of restrictions. I have also heard of a few that will not even issue non-resident permits.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Sights on Target View Post
    Just curious what county denied because of restrictions. I have also heard of a few that will not even issue non-resident permits.
    Wayne & Pike County does not issue to a restricted permit like target from your home state, full carry only.Centrecounty is simple all done by mail.Pike county issues a photo ID card,Centre county is paper with no photo.The permit is good in all of PA.

The yare very good about it. Sent it out just efore christmas and received it back in one weeks time. Good to know about shrinking it down and laminating it. thanks

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast