Non-resident permit - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Non-resident permit

1. Milford county only issues to non residents with a carry license with no restrictions.Too bad Centre county is no longer going to issue through the mail because a new law requires you to appear in person to sign the permit.Centre county by the way was the easiest one to get.Some counties in PA are easy for residents,Philadelphia PD gives a hard time to applicant's who live in the city that many obtain the Utah non resident permit that doesn't require a permit from your home state.Just hope that PA won't do away with out of state permits like FL & UT.

Quote Originally Posted by Abacab View Post
    I was in Lancaster today. I went to the Sheriff's office and had my permit in twenty minutes. Came on a plastic card.

What did they charge you for that?

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    What did they charge you for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Abacab View Post
    Ok, thanks. There is currently a movement to force all the sheriffs to charge the state mandated $25 and nothing more....some are coming around, some are not.

My MD permit took four months. This took twenty minutes. Unbelievable.

7. FYI. Based on what I read in these forums i applied for an out of state PA (Center Country) license. I just received the license. It took 10 calendar days from when I mailed it to when I received it (including the Christmas holiday!). Total cost was $26 plus self addressed stamped envelope.
    Michael
    Las Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by mjsull View Post
    FYI. Based on what I read in these forums i applied for an out of state PA (Center Country) license. I just received the license. It took 10 calendar days from when I mailed it to when I received it (including the Christmas holiday!). Total cost was $26 plus self addressed stamped envelope.
    Sorry to hear you had to wait so long and still be overcharged $1.

Berks county last year charged me $25 and I had to wait almost 15 minutes (there were two people in line in front of me) and they didn't have a waiting room, gun magazines or free coffee! :)

Quote Originally Posted by twoeggsup View Post
    Sorry to hear you had to wait so long and still be overcharged $1.

Berks county last year charged me $25 and I had to wait almost 15 minutes (there were two people in line in front of me) and they didn't have a waiting room, gun magazines or free coffee! :)
    gotta be fair....he was dealing with the USPS as a middleman.

10. mjsull you got lucky, I mailed my app to Center Country on Jan 2nd and called on Jan 18th to verify it arrived (P/O Said it Should have taken 5-7 days to get there) they said they have a large stack of applications and could not tell me if it arrived or not? They checked the system I was not in the system.

Postal line was out the door so I just used a stamp I should have used delivery confirm. Now will just have check my bank every few days to see when the check clears.

Just hope it arrived you know USPS!

11. Wow, it is the 30th and the check still has not cleared the bank I called again on the 25th to see if it even arrived well Centre County said not in the stack in front of her and they have a large stack and are a few days behind call back in another week? Seems like they are a bit disorganized I know its my fault for not sending with a delivery confirm but I would hate to have a check and the info on the application floating some place.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast