~ Pennsylvania Mayors -Versus- the NRA ~

Thread: ~ Pennsylvania Mayors -Versus- the NRA ~

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Post ~ Pennsylvania Mayors -Versus- the NRA ~

The National Rifle Association is Locked in another Gun Battle with Pennsylvania Democrat Mayors over their push for further 'Gun Control' Laws.......

NRA Locked in Gun Battle With Pennsylvania Mayors Over Town Laws - Bloomberg
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

3. Since the quoted article is from Bloomberg", they make it sound like a majority of PA mayors find this an issue. THEY DON'T, it's Philadelphia ( AKA Suburban NYC...)
    Good judgement comes from expierence, which is usually the result of bad judgement. Learn from the experience of others, since it's a lot less painful than gaining it all on your own...

Blog Entries
    Am I missing something? Why would anyone not want to report a lost or stolen hand gun or long gun? Why would a law of this nature harm any gun owners. I'm for most of the NRA stuff but I really don't get this one. If my home or car was entered and my guns stolen I would damn sure report it quickly! Now if you were the proud owner of a stolen hand gun in the first place you wouldn't want to report it restolen.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_B View Post
    Am I missing something? Why would anyone not want to report a lost or stolen hand gun or long gun? Why would a law of this nature harm any gun owners. I'm for most of the NRA stuff but I really don't get this one. If my home or car was entered and my guns stolen I would damn sure report it quickly! Now if you were the proud owner of a stolen hand gun in the first place you wouldn't want to report it restolen.
    I agree and ..................Bloomburg stated a few weeks ago he had little over 300 mayors on his list..
    How many Mayors are there in America ........................much more then 300.
    NRA LIFE/ENDOWMENT MEMBER - 1975 Passed-NYS Conservation Firearms Safety Instructor.
    LIFE MEMBER- VIETNAM VETERANS OF AMERICA
    U.S. NAVY SEAWOLVES- VIETNAM 69/70

The problem with this law is if you don't report it within a certain amount of time, like within 24 hours, you are guilty of a crime. What if you don't know it is missing? What if guns were stolen from your cabin you only go to in hunting season? What if you're on vacation for a few days or a week?

I have no problem with a law requiring you to report a stolen firearm, my problem is having a timetable to do it in.