Non-Resident License - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Non-Resident License

1. Quote Originally Posted by rayt333 View Post
    No, That's not how it works. You made a claim about the something (self-reporting of ineligibility) being required, so the burden of proof is yours to show that what you claim is correct.

I assert that there's nothing in the Pennsylvania Uniform Firearms Act (nor in caselaw) requiring a person who has become ineligible for a License to Carry Firearms to inform the issuing authority. If you think you can show otherwise then do so.

The AG's office doesn't make law, they prosecute crimes. The fact that someone there told you something doesn't particularly mean anything. Unfortunately law enforcement personnel are frequently terrible sources of information about laws. There are shelves of law books filled with cases in which courts have found that prosecutors misstated or misinterpreted relevant laws. A verbal opinion obtained in a phone call to some random person in the AG's office is only slightly more authoritative than "my best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night."

Anyway, I agree that if the issuing authority becomes aware of a license-holder's ineligibility during the term of the license that state law requires the authority to revoke the license, but there's no requirement to inform the issuing authority of the fact that one has become ineligible.
    Last edited by twency; 08-12-2013 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Expanded comments about prosecutors

Blog Entries
    My question is im a NY state resident (yeah I Know) and im currently in the process of getting my NY state Pistol License. My question is if any knows the answer. I have a Utah permit and i know PA doesnt recognize NY permits could i still carry in PA with a utah carry permit.

Quote Originally Posted by officerT View Post
    My question is im a NY state resident (yeah I Know) and im currently in the process of getting my NY state Pistol License. My question is if any knows the answer. I have a Utah permit and i know PA doesnt recognize NY permits could i still carry in PA with a utah carry permit.
    Yes, Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps - USA Carry
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12