Non-Resident License
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non-Resident License

Non-Resident License

In 2010, I received my PA NR LTC (from Centre County) based on my Ohio CCW.

In September 2011, we moved from Ohio to Oklahoma, thus invalidating my Ohio CCW.

Was my PA LTC also invalidated at that point? I have not yet applied for or received an OK permit.
    Bob Mueller
    Blog | Facebook | Flickr

No...still good til it expires. You will need to get OK permit before renewing PA tho...IF you renew PA that is since it requires an in person appearance.

4. Yes your permit from PA is also revoked was what I was told by person in AG office when I called to ask
    -A license to carry firearms may be revoked by the issuing authority for good cause. A license to carry firearms shall be revoked by the issuing authority for any reason stated in subsection (e)(1) which occurs during the term of the permit.
    (ix) A resident of another state who does not possess a current license or permit or similar document to carry a firearm issued by that state if a license is provided for by the laws of that state

If you possess a license to carry, and knowingly become ineligible, you must notify the sheriff of the county in which you reside and your permit may be revoked.

Quote Originally Posted by cmhbob View Post
    In 2010, I received my PA NR LTC (from Centre County) based on my Ohio CCW.

In September 2011, we moved from Ohio to Oklahoma, thus invalidating my Ohio CCW.

Was my PA LTC also invalidated at that point? I have not yet applied for or received an OK permit.
    Have you notified PA of your change of address?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Not yet. Should probably do that.

Posted via Tapatalk
    Bob Mueller
    Blog | Facebook | Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by rayt333 View Post
    Yes your permit from PA is also revoked was what I was told by person in AG office when I called to ask
    -A license to carry firearms may be revoked by the issuing authority for good cause. A license to carry firearms shall be revoked by the issuing authority for any reason stated in subsection (e)(1) which occurs during the term of the permit.
    (ix) A resident of another state who does not possess a current license or permit or similar document to carry a firearm issued by that state if a license is provided for by the laws of that state

If you possess a license to carry, and knowingly become ineligible, you must notify the sheriff of the county in which you reside and your permit may be revoked.

It's not an automatic revocation. The issuing sheriff has to go thru the official process to do it...if s/he chooses.

8. Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    It's not an automatic revocation. The issuing sheriff has to go thru the official process to do it...if s/he chooses.
    Duhh? What does that mean? if you tell them that your situation has changed and you are no longer eligible then the permit is revoked unless the sheriff fails do do their job, you are responsible to notify them of the change and they are responsible to do their job and revoke it.

You posted incorrect info and now you want to post more stupid info? just admit you were wrong and move on!!

Quote Originally Posted by rayt333 View Post
    Duhh? What does that mean? if you tell them that your situation has changed and you are no longer eligible then the permit is revoked unless the sheriff fails do do their job, you are responsible to notify them of the change and they are responsible to do their job and revoke it.

You posted incorrect info and now you want to post more stupid info? just admit you were wrong and move on!!

Nothing I posted was incorrect...but OK...moving on.....

10. Quote Originally Posted by rayt333 View Post

On what do you base this claim? I don't recall ever seeing anything to this effect in state law.

I believe mrjam2jab's post was correct, despite your insulting response.

11. Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    On what do you base this claim? I don't recall ever seeing anything to this effect in state law.

I believe mrjam2jab's post was correct, despite your insulting response.
    Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General - Protecting Pennsylvanians Ask the AG yourself!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast