Stopped by Police with concealed carry - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 71

Thread: Stopped by Police with concealed carry

  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Maybe PA officers are more anxious to play Barney BadA$$ with their guns than WA police are, but I refuse to be afraid of the police regarding my legal behaviors.
    Every state has their badass wannabe cops, usually the younger ones with something to prove but I have never had a bad encounter with one, local, county or state. Well not yet anyway.
    "Those who would trade liberty for security, deserves neither liberty nor security."
    "The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson".

  2.   
  3. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by jrs View Post
    I know this is a PA forum, but if this passes the courts and Constitutional muster in NY, it's coming to a state near you. We here in NY believe this is a "Test Case" for the rest of the country.

    Here in the Socialist Republic of NY, there is no legal requirement to inform. Plus, the State and its Emperor (oops) Governor, Andrew (you don't need more than 7 bullets to kill a deer) Coumo have undertaken and illegally passed the NY SAFE ACT, under which the ultimate goal is CONFISCATION!
    Max Tresmond, of Tresmond Law, who has cases against the SAFE ACT was on the radio yesterday, Tom Bauerle show on WBEN AM, speaking about the progress in the case as well as the fact that he was able to obtain NY State Police "Safe Act Field Guide" which is basically a road map for the police to find ways to disqualify you from owning a gun. If disqualified for any gun, "ie: assault rifle", then you cannot own ANY gun!!!

    As part of the dialogue, the question was asked about informing an officer "as a courtesy"... Max's response was DO NOT DO IT!!! By offering that information, you have opened the door for the officer to ask about the weapon, ask to see the weapon, ask how many bullets are in the mag (7 max under SAFE ACT)...etc, etc, etc.... IF you do not answer honestly, then you raise suspicions, or more importantly, if you refuse to answer, then he/she may escalate it to failure to comply with a reasonable request of a police officer. Further, even if you state that you won't answer questions without an attorney present, then you will likely be detained (subject to search, inspection of and police temporarily relieving you of your weapon) until your attorney gets there. All because you wanted to be "courteous". Finally, because the law is written in such a way that the "definition" of an "Assault Weapon" is so wide, they can find some way to call what is likely a legal weapon "illegal" under the SAFE ACT.

    So... anyone want to keep arguing why it's "courteous" to inform?

    For those who might be interested, here's the link to the NY Field Guide for LEO. http://imgsrv.wben.com/image/wben2/U...ield_Guide.pdf Pay special attention to page 6.
    Pennsylvania constitution and title 18 s.6111.4 forbids the registration of weapons so if the commies in this state try to ever rewrite the laws then they will have hell to pay.
    "Those who would trade liberty for security, deserves neither liberty nor security."
    "The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson".

  4. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by longslide10 View Post
    Every state has their badass wannabe cops, usually the younger ones with something to prove but I have never had a bad encounter with one, local, county or state. Well not yet anyway.
    here's an example of a douche nozzle FHP dingbat, everything she says is wrong!

    WARNING:
    This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence.

  5. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gondor
    Posts
    1,848
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    here's an example of a douche nozzle FHP dingbat, everything she says is wrong!
    I would have demanded that she detain me longer and look into it or (more likely) I would have just kept my mouth shut and let her get on about her day and reloaded my weapon and gone about mine.
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

  6. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Houston Metro Area, Texas
    Posts
    3,004
    When I travel I carry a small printout of the laws in the state I travel.

  7. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by longslide10 View Post
    Being you posted this under PENNSYLVANIA discussion and firearm news I would assume you are a PA resident therefore should know this but it is not required to notify. I never have unless I am going to the County Courthouse, State bldg. or any other county bldg that has a police checkpoint. Why cause them to get excited. Use the don't ask, don't tell method. Now say you are discovered by some douchebag libtard in the local Wally World store that you are carrying because it poked out from under your shirt, jacket or what have you and are then confronted by a cop asking to see your permit and firearm then you must comply but I have always wondered if he asks for the firearm to see if it is stolen or not and if you say no thanks I see no reason to hand you my firearm sir but I'll read you the numbers to show you it is mine.
    Longslide, you are giving way too much information if you choose to read the serial number to the cops. PA does not have a registry of firearms, therefore, giving the cop your serial number will do nobody in this situation any good.

    The only thing giving the serial number to a cop will do is allow him to check if it is stolen or not. It will not prove to him that it is yours.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  8. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    small town in SE Pa
    Posts
    322
    I think many people In this forum are fighters, patriots, rebels, defend their principles etc... IM starting to respect that a little... As an Old guy, getting through life is a struggle... there are places to pick your fights. But not fight when the cost is more than the results.
    Cops: some bad, but for the most part. when someone makes their mind up to put their life on the line daily... you just cant disrespect the job. Even though many abuse it... AS an Old guy IM going to give the cop the benefit of the doubt... try to put myself into his shoes.. coming up to a car or a person, not knowing who the person they are stopping actually is... IM going to give them the courtesy of offering my carry to them up front... it doesn't hurt me in any way to do so... It might even help to be respectful... I don't envy anyone in Law enforcement, especially since many civilians, rebels, patriots etc, give the good ones the same disrespect and attitude they would give to a bad cop... Just my thoughts... everyone has a right to their opinion...so respect mine...

  9. Quote Originally Posted by ET View Post
    I think many people In this forum are fighters, patriots, rebels, defend their principles etc... IM starting to respect that a little... As an Old guy, getting through life is a struggle... there are places to pick your fights. But not fight when the cost is more than the results.
    Cops: some bad, but for the most part. when someone makes their mind up to put their life on the line daily... you just cant disrespect the job. Even though many abuse it... AS an Old guy IM going to give the cop the benefit of the doubt... try to put myself into his shoes.. coming up to a car or a person, not knowing who the person they are stopping actually is... IM going to give them the courtesy of offering my carry to them up front... it doesn't hurt me in any way to do so... It might even help to be respectful... I don't envy anyone in Law enforcement, especially since many civilians, rebels, patriots etc, give the good ones the same disrespect and attitude they would give to a bad cop... Just my thoughts... everyone has a right to their opinion...so respect mine...
    How the hell is your concealed firearm going to affect the officer in any way shape or form if he never knows it is there?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  10. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Not sure how it's disrespectful to remain silent when dealing with good and bad cops...

    Definitely doesn't help when people enable the bad cops power hungry entitlement.

    Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

  11. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbilly32 View Post
    Some on this site feel strongly that if not required, then don't disclose. That's okay if that is the way you want to handle it. If you do disclose, and I always do, the way you do it can make all the difference in the world. The best way I have found is to hand over the CHL along with the driver's license without saying a word. Sometimes the officer will ask if you are carrying - sometimes not. Either way you have shown cooperation with the LEO. This can make him feel somewhat relaxed and your treatment has the potential to go much better. Whatever you do, don't just blurt out, "I have a gun."
    Are you making a habit of being pulled over?
    “An armed society is a polite society.”

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast