Little help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little help

1. Little help

As we all know by now Kathleen Kane has just closed the Utah non resident permit reciprocity agreement. Now where to go I know the Texas non res is still good but, you need to appear in person and from I can gather Texas is probably in the cross hairs so, I'm not doing that. Any other suggestions besides the obvious move which I am planning but not in my immediate future hopeful in 2-3 years. I am a New Jersey resident but cannot get a PA non resident because technically NJ offers a CCW but, as you all know it is impossible here. I know PA will give non res out but, if you home state offers one you need it first. Well I can't get one in NJ because it's a communist state. I have nothing stopping me legally so, except that I live in the Peoples Republic of NJ. I wish PA would take that into consideration. Any help welcome . Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by njsportsman View Post
    As we all know by now Kathleen Kane has just closed the Utah non resident permit reciprocity agreement. Now where to go I know the Texas non res is still good but, you need to appear in person and from I can gather Texas is probably in the cross hairs so, I'm not doing that. Any other suggestions besides the obvious move which I am planning but not in my immediate future hopeful in 2-3 years. I am a New Jersey resident but cannot get a PA non resident because technically NJ offers a CCW but, as you all know it is impossible here. I know PA will give non res out but, if you home state offers one you need it first. Well I can't get one in NJ because it's a communist state. I have nothing stopping me legally so, except that I live in the Peoples Republic of NJ. I wish PA would take that into consideration. Any help welcome . Thanks
    Have you been denied a NJ permit or are you just assuming you'll be denied?

4. not a problem

GO to Arizona !!

5. assumed because of what I have heard.

I second rich's statement. Get the AZ non-resident permit. FL is a good choice too.

EDIT: I apologize for my info... apparently the new maps on this site show PA does not accept AZ nor FL's permit. Yikes!

With the changes happening because of Kane, I would go on the maps resources either here or on handgunlaw website and find which non-res permit will work in PA. I feel for you.
    Last edited by wolf_fire; 05-15-2014 at 02:39 PM. Reason: see EDIT.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

7. Thanks wolf_fire I am trying to get my house in order to sell needs some upgrades house pretty much original. I have a couple of big ticket items left. I see Indiana and Iowa non res would be good but, it seem impossible to get. I think at this point I am going to stop chasing because I think Kathleen Kane will do whatever is in her power to close any and all avenues. Texas seems to be my only hope but as I said in a earlier post you have to appear in person which I would do but, Kane will close it soon I am sure of it. You guys have to keep Allyson Schwartz and Tom Wolf out of there and re-elect Tom Corbett PA is where I want to go because it is my home moved to NJ for work and want to come back badly.

It is my understanding that PA will not recognize any Non-Resident permits from any state. This was because the gang-bangers from Philadelphia or their rivals(with gang members from surrounding states, were getting Fla or Utah Non-Resident permits, then coming into PA (Philadelphia) and engaging in gang activities. When stopped and searched, they would produce their Non-Res permits and would avoid gun charges. So, the answer was to deny reciprocity with any state Non-Resident permits.

If you have a resident permit in any state, you can get a PA non-resident permit to carry in PA. I just got mine about a month ago. The process was very simple...but it requires a personal appearance at a Sheriff's office for processing. I got the form online, filled it out, drove to the Sheriff's office and was in and out in about 10 minutes. They do a background check, take photocopies of your drivers license and Resident Pistol Permit from your home state (address must match), take your picture... and you walk out with your PA permit.
    You just have to call and make sure that the particular County Sheriff you are nearest is processing Non-Resident Permits and find out their hours for issuance, as I've read online that some of the Sheriffs are choosing not to issue Non-Res permits, but will only process PA resident permits.

I live in a County in NY in which it takes approx. a year and a half to get through the permit process, but that's not stopping lots of people from applying. The more that apply, the more they see that the populous wants to exercise their Constitutional Rights. Further, while NY has very restrictive carry laws, due to court decisions, (including the Supreme Court Re: Chicago & Washington DC), it is a little known fact that NY is a must issue state for Home Defense....they can deny your carry permit, but MUST issue for home use. This means that (at least in NY), they would have to issue a resident permit, because it's illegal to possess (or even handle) a handgun in NY without a permit...period. Then you could go to PA and get your PA Non-Res permit.

You might want to check with a knowledgeable 2A attorney in NJ about getting a handgun for home defense. It would then follow that if you can legally own it in NJ, you can legally transport it under FOPA (unloaded and secured) from your home to other states where you can legally use it.

I am assuming these states don't recognize the constitution of the United States.

jrs,

You did not mention requiring references from 2 residents of the county you are applying in.
    DEFEND FREEDOM. DEFEAT OBAMA.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl der Grosse View Post
    jrs,

You did not mention requiring references from 2 residents of the county you are applying in.
    Yeah, about that. I called a couple of my long time friends to let them know I would be listing them as references. Both immediately said OK, no problem. Neither live in PA, but do live in my county in NY.

We walked in the door & I submitted my application to the Deputy, who took my Drivers License and NY Pistol Permit and photocopied them. He proceeded to his desk in my full sight... made no phone calls, but did type my info into the computer (apparently for my background check)... a few minutes later, came back to the counter, handed my paperwork to the other Deputy working the desk, who after taking my wife's photo and handing her permit to her (without ever placing a phone call or leaving the front desk), simply told me to "stand in the box on the floor and look at the camera". In about 30 seconds, my printed permit was handed to me and I was directed to a table near the exit door with info and books on PA gun laws & was told to take one of each. DONE. The whole process took about 5 to 10 minutes for both of us... including waiting for another person who got there before us to be processed.

We got in the car and looked at each other in amazement at how easy and quick it was!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast