UTAH Permit no longer accepted in PA
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: UTAH Permit no longer accepted in PA

  1. UTAH Permit no longer accepted in PA

    I have a NY CCP as well as a Utah CCP. I was looking at reciprocity for the Utah CCP that I have and noticed that PA no longer honors reciprocity with Non-Res Utah CCP holds. This changed in 2014 but I didn't realize it. Goes to show you had better be up on the changes or you could be in big trouble.

    I went on the PA Troopers website and it stated this:Individuals who are 21 years of age or older and are NOT Pennsylvania residents may apply for a license by submitting a completed Application for a Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms to any Pennsylvania County Sheriff’s office along with the required fee. A Pennsylvania license cannot be issued to a resident of another state who does not possess a current license or permit or similar document to carry a firearm issued by their home state if a license is provided for by the laws of that state, as published annually in the Federal Register by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms of the Department of the Treasury.

    I emailed one of the Sheriffs offices and got an email back that read: Good morning. Each county in Pennsylvania is separate and individual on who they choose to issue CCP to. Here in Tioga County we do not issue or renew CCP to out of state residents. Our Sheriff chooses not to assume responsibility and liability for those who are not living in our county; therefore, we only issue to those living in Tioga County. You can call around to various counties to see who issues out of state CCP.

    I emailed another County Sheriffs and here is the response: Your N.Y. license must not have any restrictions on it. You must appear in person to have a photo and a signature taken. You CAN NOT mail your application.

    Sounds to me that counties have their discretion as to whether to issue yet the SP website says they will. hmmm create their own rules. I think PA no longer honors FL CCP either.

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Niagara region, ON,CA
    Centre County in PA has a 2A friendly sheriff.

  4. #3
    It's all about money. They realized they could just charge out of towners to carry in their state.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

  5. Quote Originally Posted by thomas0792 View Post
    It's all about money. They realized they could just charge out of towners to carry in their state.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    I don't think this is the case, the money. If so, why would they make you come to their state in person to fill out the paperwork, have a photo taken, and then only charge $20. They want to put you through the long drive in many case to issue and if you are willing to make the drive, they will issue... in some counties.

  6. #5
    Anyone know out of state friendly SO's on the Ohio State line, say close to Trumbull county Ohio? I am a SC resident and CWP holder, looking for non resident PA since I am here often. Thanks for any help

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

  7. #6
    Joshuawak Guest

    dating a vietnamese girl

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts