Michigan Senators Suck! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Michigan Senators Suck!

I don't know S~Crow... We need to put some effert into getting a new pair of senators. I recieved a reply from Ms Stabmenow today, It looks just like yours!
    RE:HR 3962
    November 13, 2009

Mr. Ricbak

MI 48xxx

Thank you . . .

. . . for contacting me regarding your opposition to universal health care coverage. I understand your concerns.

When it comes to health care, our families and businesses are in a serious crisis. High health care costs are causing cuts in benefits and increases in premiums, adding to the ranks of the uninsured at alarming rates. But the impact of this problem goes beyond individual families. Skyrocketing health care costs make our businesses less competitive in the global marketplace and cost us good-paying jobs. We are already paying for the uninsured through overuse of the emergency room-the most inefficient and expensive way of providing care.

I believe that health care is a right, not a privilege. There is no doubt that the problems we face are complex, but there are real solutions. We can create a system that is uniquely American and shares the cost between the government, businesses, and individuals in a way that is fair and equitable. Now is the time to show the political will to tackle these issues because there is so much at stake. I am committed to working with both my Democratic and Republican colleagues on the Senate Finance Committee to find solutions to America's health care crisis.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please don't hesitate to do so again if my office can be of assistance to you or your family.

Sincerely,
    Debbie Stabenow
    United States Senator
    Semper Fi

Translation:

I am 100% for socialized medicine and will stop at nothing to bring it about, even if bankrupts the country and my party suffers minority status for 30 years. And by the way, f--- you.

Sincerely,
    Debbie Does Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by BamaBoy View Post
    Translation:

I am 100% for socialized medicine and will stop at nothing to bring it about, even if bankrupts the country and my party suffers minority status for 30 years. And by the way, f--- you.

Sincerely,
    Debbie Does Michigan
    Yes sir, exactly how I've translated my responses from my representatives. Funny how they all say the exact same thing, no matter what state they're from. Maybe they're saving taxpayers' dollars by having the same response typed up for ALL their constituents across the country. Yeah, that's it!

Fifteen years ago, some U.S. Representative (Crockett, I think, no relation to Davy) attempted to introduce a bill to repeal the Second Amendment. I wrote to New Jersey Senator Frank Lautenberg (known in the Soprano State simply as "The Lout") and asked his opinion on (1) whether the Second Amendment should be repealed, and (2) whether the Second Amendment referred to a right belonging to the individual American citizen.

In typical weasel language, the Lout responded that (1) any attempt to repeal the Second Amendment would get nowhere in Congress, and (2) he was aware that many people use guns legitimately, and that the rights of those people must be protected.

Of course, Senator Lautenberg proved himself time and again to be an enemy of the Second Amendment and was consistently graded "F–" by the NRA. The Lout routinely supported any and all "gun control" schemes and never once said "no" to any anti-gun group.

Translation:

Sincerely,
    Debbie Does Michigan
    yeah that pretty much sums it up.

and here is from my other michigan senator:

Thank you for contacting me regarding health insurance reform. I appreciate hearing from you. I have long supported the goal of ensuring that all Americans have access to stable, reliable, and affordable health care.

An untold number of Americans live with intermittent or insufficient health insurance, and nearly forty-seven million Americans live without any health insurance at all. Rising health insurance premiums and unemployment have contributed to the continuous rise of these numbers, and it is now more important than ever to create a stronger, more efficient, and more secure health care system.

The Senate Leadership is working to merge the two bills recently reported by the Senate Finance Committee and the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee into a single bill for the Senate to consider. The goal is a bill that will strengthen Americaís health care system by preserving personal choice, ensuring people can keep their health insurance, and reducing cost through competition. The bill hopefully will eliminate existing insurance company practices that discriminate against those with pre-existing conditions and will impose annual and lifetime limits on benefits. These limits on benefits have allowed insurance companies to simply stop paying for an individualís medical treatment if that treatment is costly. I am hopeful the legislation will eliminate fraud and reduce waste in the health care system, as well as increase administrative efficiencies like providing the support and incentives necessary to ensure that health information systems are interoperable.

I will keep your views in mind when the bill comes before the Senate. I am hopeful that on a bipartisan basis Congress and the President will come together to enact health care reform this year.

Sincerely,
    Carl Levin
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Notice the vague and ambiguous "weasel" words and terms: untold number, intermittent or insufficient, have contributed to (yeah, and the carbon dioxide my cat exhales contributes to global warming).

There's also an error that never should have made it past Senator Levin's staff: "The bill hopefully [note also the misuse of hopefully) will eliminate . . . and will impose annual and lifetime limits on benefits." No, the bill won't impose annual and lifetime limits. It is current insurance company policy to impose such limits, and Senator Levin wants no limits at all.

Luckily, even with huge majorities in the House and Senate, the Democrats have zero chance of getting this disaster passed. And after November 2010, they won't be able to pass National Be-Kind-to-Animals Week.

Luckily, even with huge majorities in the House and Senate, the Democrats have zero chance of getting this disaster passed. And after November 2010, they won't be able to pass National Be-Kind-to-Animals Week.
    I wish I was as optimistic as you seem to be, BamaBoy; but then again, I've always been somewhat dour in my outlook, especially as per politicians. For the record, I've been blessed with a great wife and kids and friends, so I'm not dour about that! Just about the politicians (Dems & Repubs alike) who supposedly represent us; all the while, during my life, I've watched our freedoms being eroded more and more, no matter which party was "in power". In fact, that phrase just irritates me to no end as WE the PEOPLE are supposed to have the power. Sorry for the rant.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123