Michigan Senators Suck!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Michigan Senators Suck!

Michigan Senators Suck!

this is a response I got from writing my senators in michigan. she believes health care is a right not a priviledge and her stance on the second amendment is well... less than favorable. these people need to be replaced!

Thank you . . .

. . . for contacting me regarding your opposition to universal health care coverage. I understand your concerns.

When it comes to health care, our families and businesses are in a serious crisis. High health care costs are causing cuts in benefits and increases in premiums, adding to the ranks of the uninsured at alarming rates. But the impact of this problem goes beyond individual families. Skyrocketing health care costs make our businesses less competitive in the global marketplace and cost us good-paying jobs. We are already paying for the uninsured through overuse of the emergency room-the most inefficient and expensive way of providing care.

I believe that health care is a right, not a privilege. There is no doubt that the problems we face are complex, but there are real solutions. We can create a system that is uniquely American and shares the cost between the government, businesses, and individuals in a way that is fair and equitable. Now is the time to show the political will to tackle these issues because there is so much at stake. I am committed to working with both my Democratic and Republican colleagues on the Senate Finance Committee to find solutions to America's health care crisis.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please don't hesitate to do so again if my office can be of assistance to you or your family.

Sincerely,

Debbie Stabenow

United States Senator

DS:TS
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

I suffer with you. My senators are just as bad.

Max

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    this is a response I got from writing my senators in michigan. she believes health care is a right not a priviledge and her stance on the second amendment is well... less than favorable. these people need to be replaced!

Thank you . . .

. . . for contacting me regarding your opposition to universal health care coverage. I understand your concerns.

When it comes to health care, our families and businesses are in a serious crisis. High health care costs are causing cuts in benefits and increases in premiums, adding to the ranks of the uninsured at alarming rates. But the impact of this problem goes beyond individual families. Skyrocketing health care costs make our businesses less competitive in the global marketplace and cost us good-paying jobs. We are already paying for the uninsured through overuse of the emergency room-the most inefficient and expensive way of providing care.

I believe that health care is a right, not a privilege. There is no doubt that the problems we face are complex, but there are real solutions. We can create a system that is uniquely American and shares the cost between the government, businesses, and individuals in a way that is fair and equitable. Now is the time to show the political will to tackle these issues because there is so much at stake. I am committed to working with both my Democratic and Republican colleagues on the Senate Finance Committee to find solutions to America's health care crisis.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please don't hesitate to do so again if my office can be of assistance to you or your family.

Sincerely,

Debbie Stabenow

United States Senator

DS:TS

That is the typical Stabmenow form letter. I got one of them too. Her staff must be either lazy or overwhelmed with complaints or both.... We have to put up with her ineptness for a couple more years or start a recall.
    The Free Press posted a "Commentary" last Sunday that was (no doubtfully) writen by by the dnc Speech Writers.
    Achieving security and stability in health care | Detroit Free Press | Freep.com

It is amazing to me that Ms Stabmenow is so far out of touch with what the concerns of the people of this state are, let alone the responsibility to this country or the Constitution.

There is also simular discussions on the Michigan ResistNet.com page
    Letter to Senator Stabenow (for all the good it did me) - Patriotic Resistance
    Semper Fi

Vote her out!!

Michigan is hurting bad enough without having THAT sorry excuse for 'representaton' in an elected office.

Maybe the "recession" (at what point, exactly, does it become a bonifide depression? How many trillions of dollars in debt and double digit unemployment does it take?) will prompt some far better choices to run and represent the people with working brains and an understanding of simple math?

Michigan is not my home any more, but you can bet I'm "hoping for change" with dozens of these liberal tax & spend pukes.

Vote 'em all out.
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

I feel your pain, but it's the same here. These dipshits we have representing us are an interesting study, that's for sure. Pablum for responses to legitimate questions, and they're prepared to give away the farm to get re-elected...one of 'em wasn't even NJ Constitutionally eligible for re-election!! The NJ Supremes let him in!!

(Is this thread going to go the way of that bit about, "You think YOU had it bad?!? I had to walk ten miles to school in 10 feet of snow, uphill both ways...BAREfoot!!" ??)
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Pardon my copius amount of deleting, but the below statement is what I truely believe is wrong with our government and politics today.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I believe that health care is a right, not a privilege.
    It is what she believes in. Not her constituents. That means that any communication from you or anyone else is not going to sway what she believes in.

Edit: Sorry Scarecrow, I wasn't trying to attribute that quote to you. I deleted too much.

This is the problem with our elected officials. Once they are elected, SOME feel that they are above their constituents and think they know what is best for them. They have a do what I say, not what I do mentality. People need to take a stand against this tyranny. We elect officials to represent us, not do what is in their best interest. This is forgot all the time. Time and time again, anti-gun senators and congressmen have used deadly force with a firearm or even have a ccw. They believe this is their right, not yours. We need to vote these people out of office.

I got tired with the politcs up there
    I moved to Florida. Not much better here, but at least is warm...:)

I lucked out. Mine just died. I refrained from driving the one mile to stand on the overpass on rt 3 to watch the funeral procession pass by because I figured I'd get locked up for pi$$ing off the bridge. Not EVERYONE from assachusetts loved the Kennedys.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

Quote Originally Posted by OldOwl View Post
    I lucked out. Mine just died. I refrained from driving the one mile to stand on the overpass on rt 3 to watch the funeral procession pass by because I figured I'd get locked up for pi$$ing off the bridge. Not EVERYONE from assachusetts loved the Kennedys.
    Hahahahahaha....

I didn't like him either. We need to vote someone new in PRMA.....I'm with ya
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast