Obama declares swine flu a national emergency
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama declares swine flu a national emergency

Obama declares swine flu a national emergency - Yahoo! News

Philip Elliott, Associated Press Writer – 2 hrs 12 mins ago

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama declared the swine flu outbreak a national emergency and empowered his health secretary to suspend federal requirements and speed treatment for thousands of infected people.

The declaration that Obama signed late Friday authorized Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius to bypass federal rules so health officials can respond more quickly to the outbreak, which has killed more than 1,000 people in the United States.

The goal is to remove bureaucratic roadblocks and make it easier for sick people to seek treatment and medical providers to provide it immediately. That could mean fewer hurdles involving Medicare, Medicaid or health privacy regulations.

"As a nation, we have prepared at all levels of government, and as individuals and communities, taking unprecedented steps to counter the emerging pandemic," Obama wrote in the declaration, which the White House announced Saturday.

He said the pandemic keeps evolving, the rates of illness are rising rapidly in many areas and there's a potential "to overburden health care resources."

Because of vaccine production delays, the government has backed off initial, optimistic estimates that as many as 120 million doses would be available by mid-October. As of Wednesday, only 11 million doses had been shipped to health departments, doctor's offices and other providers, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention officials said.

The government now hopes to have about 50 million doses of swine flu vaccine out by mid-November and 150 million in December.

The flu virus has to be grown in chicken eggs, and the yield hasn't been as high as was initially hoped, officials explained.

Swine flu is more widespread now than it's ever been. Health authorities say almost 100 children have died from the flu, known as H1N1, and 46 states now have widespread flu activity.

Worldwide, more than 5,000 people have reportedly died from swine flu since it emerged this year and developed into a global epidemic, the World Health Organization said Friday. Since most countries have stopped counting individual swine flu cases, the figure is considered an underestimate.
    A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it.

Why a national emergency?

Only 5,000 have died Worldwide from the Swine Flu - IS IT ALOT OF HYPE? For what purpose?

CDC - Seasonal Influenza (Flu) - Key Facts About Seasonal Influenza (Flu)

Key Facts About Seasonal Influenza (Flu)
    What is Influenza (Also Called Flu)?
    The flu is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses. It can cause mild to severe illness, and at times can lead to death. The best way to prevent seasonal flu is by getting a seasonal flu vaccination each year.

Every year in the United States, on average:

5% to 20% of the population gets the flu;

more than 200,000 people are hospitalized from flu-related complications; and

about 36,000 people die from flu-related causes.

Some people, such as older people, young children, pregnant women and people with certain health conditions (such as asthma, diabetes, or heart disease), are at increased risk for serious complications from seasonal flu illness.

This flu season, scientists believe that a new and very different flu virus (called novel 2009 H1N1) may cause a lot more people to get sick than during a regular flu season. It also may cause more hospital stays and deaths than regular seasonal flu. More information about the new H1N1 flu is available here
    A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it.

Does anyone at USA Carry personally know of a person(s) who has died from swine flu?

IMO, the goal is to panic the public so that the citizenry will be more agreeable to Obamacare. I trust nothing being reported by the WH or the mainstream media.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Are you scared? I am.

Establishing martial law in the United States - SourceWatch - was written when President bush declared a national emergency due to 911/Katrina - Click the link and review everything it references. Below are the highlights.

Establishing martial law in the United States

The John W. Warner Defense Authorization Act of 2006 (PL 109-364), "named for the longtime Armed Services Committee chairman from Virginia," was signed October 17, 2006, by President George W. Bush.

The Act "has a provocative provision called 'Use of the Armed Forces in Major Public Emergencies',"

"But on closer inspection, its language also alters the two-centuries-old Insurrection Act, which Congress passed in 1807 to limit the president’s power to deploy troops within the United States ... 'to suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy',"

"But the amended law takes the cuffs off" and "critics say it’s a formula for executive branch mischief," Stein wrote, as "the new language adds 'natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident' to the list of conditions permitting the President to take over local authority — particularly 'if domestic violence has occurred to such an extent that the constituted authorities of the State or possession are incapable of maintaining public order.'

It 'subverts solid, longstanding posse comitatus statutes that limit the military’s involvement in law enforcement, thereby making it easier for the President to declare martial law.

"The President need not wait for some emergency to occur, however. He can declare a National Emergency at any time, and freeze everything. Congress, and the States, are powerless to prevent such an Executive Dictatorship, as long as the President advises Congress in a timely matter."

This allows the government to increase domestic intelligence and surveillance of U.S. citizens and would restrict the freedom of movement within the United States and grant the government the right to isolate large groups of civilians. The National Guard could be federalized to seal all borders and take control of U.S. air space and all ports of entry." [4]

allows the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) [stated as the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency] to "develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution, of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit and the flow of money in U.S. financial institution in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when a state of emergency is declared by the President, Congress cannot review the action for six months."

The Act of August 29, 1916, which authorizes the Secretary of the Army, in time of war, to take possession of any transportation system for transporting troops, material, or any other purpose related to the emergency; and The International Emergency Economic Powers Act, which enables the President to seize the property of a foreign country or national. These powers were transferred to FEMA in a sweeping consolidation in 1979

I know a couple people who got H1N1, they said it was like the regular flu. Just hang out in bed for a few days and deal with it. Don't buy into the hype, and DO NOT take the vaccine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

chroode, you are so right. POTUS, and his czars, are engaged in a power grab and are looking for any excuse to declare martial law.

Cooter, I agree with you. Husband and I are not planning on getting either flu vaccine this year...not swine flu or the regular one. After reading what adjuvants they're adding to the vaccines, we opt out. BTW, I like your signature. It speaks volumes in a few words.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Exclamation Power Grab of the century

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    chroode, you are so right. POTUS, and his czars, are engaged in a power grab and are looking for any excuse to declare martial law.

Cooter, I agree with you. Husband and I are not planning on getting either flu vaccine this year...not swine flu or the regular one. After reading what adjuvants they're adding to the vaccines, we opt out. BTW, I like your signature. It speaks volumes in a few words.
    How long before we see the UN blue bonnet nin-commie poops? Oath keepers are you out there? We the people need your help.

LETS GET READY TO RUUUMMMMMMBBBBBBLLLLLLEEEEEEEE.........
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

How sad!

How sad when we can't trust our own government--even sadder when so many citizens are being played for fools and they don't even realize it. Hey guys/gals maybe Sean Penn and BaBa Striesland can help us out with a fund raiser to get our country back.

swine flu vaccine

YouTube - Cheerleader Gets A Swine Flu Shot and Can Only Walk Backwards!

My family currently has the swine flu, but if we did not at the present time i do believe after seeing this story i would hladly take my chances with the swine flu. I would rather take a dirt nap than be like this permanantly!
    We would be better off with BORAT as PRESIDENT!!!!

This just in...

H1N1 virus, Cement his total control over every aspect of our lives
    Things to watch for during a “Declared National Emergency” Check this out at this URL:

Things to watch for during a “Declared National Emergency”

I haven't had a chance to research the Executive Orders, to which the article refers, but you can bet I will.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast