Congress OKs Va Tech-Inspired Gun Bill
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Congress OKs Va Tech-Inspired Gun Bill

Congress OKs Va Tech-Inspired Gun Bill

http://apnews.myway.com//article/200...D8TKTC380.html

WASHINGTON (AP) - Congress on Wednesday passed a long-stalled bill inspired by the Virginia Tech shootings that would more easily flag prospective gun buyers who have documented mental health problems. The measure also would help states with the cost.
    Looks like the bill that caused a lot of discussion here has passed by voice votes in the House and Senate! I'm still not sure about this bill. Anytime a democrat says it will not affect law abiding citizens I get worried!

"This bill will make America safer without affecting the rights of a single law-abiding citizen," said the Senate's chief sponsor, New York Democrat Chuck Schumer.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

I agree with you.I get nervous any time a gun related bill is passed.ESPECIALLY if DEMOCRAT SPONSORED IT OR LIKES IT.Whoever supports it,they will tell us what they think we want to hear,but they won't tell us about the little loopholes and add-ons they put in it that they can come back later and mess with and that are probably not in our best interest.

Here is our discussion thread.
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352

The Brady bunch are praisng the bill passage. That can't be good!
    http://bradycampaign.org/media/release.php?release=953

A better breakdown of the bill.
    http://www.hawaiireporter.com/story....b-0857af940592
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071220/.../congress_guns

One of the House's chief sponsors, Rep. Carolyn McCarthy, spoke in
    the full House about her husband, who was killed by a gunman on the Long Island Railroad in New York. "To me, this is the best Christmas present I could ever receive", said McCarthy, D-N.Y.
    :(

Rep. John Dingell, D-Mich., added that the bill will speed up background checks and reinforce the rights of law abiding gun owners.

Propelling the bill were the Virginia Tech shootings on April 16 and rare agreement between political foes, the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence and the National Rifle Association.

Its getting more and more common.
    Luke 22:35-36

كافر

Seems to me that a bill eliminating the ridiculous ban of weapons on campus might be a little bit more of a common-sense "VTech Inspired Bill".
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

And the nra supported it makes me made.From my cold dead hands sounds a little off .Where will it end? We all know the answer and vote to stop it. WE HOPE

Post Subject

I don't think I can ever recall a "good" piece of gun legislation from a Democratic sponsor. They all seem to have fine print, and loopholes to work against lawful gun owners.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Quote:
    "This bill will make America safer without affecting the rights of a single law-abiding citizen," said the Senate's chief sponsor, New York Democrat Chuck Schumer
    Hmmmmm.. chuck the schmuck just called every person in the US with mental health problems a CRIMINAL!!!!!

I don't even like to think about what road that'll lead down.

How long will it be before they try to say that ANYONE who believes they need a gun to protect themselves are suffering from persecutional paranoid dellusions and are mentally unstable. That is a mental health disorder. ANYONE suffering from a mental health disorder is a CRIMINAL Therefore; ANYONE WITH A DESIRE TO OWN A GUN FOR SELF PROTECTION IS A CRIMINAL!!!!

I fully expect it to get its start just after the elections.
    GOA Lifer.
    TFA Member.
    Member of the VRWC.
    Former NRA Member UNTIL the Brady Bunch adopted them.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by PascalFleischman View Post
    Seems to me that a bill eliminating the ridiculous ban of weapons on campus might be a little bit more of a common-sense "VTech Inspired Bill".
    +1 for me. But really. Common sense from Washington?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

11. Its going to be a bumpy ride.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast