Do You Support The Castle Doctrine? - Page 2

View Poll Results: What Are Your Thoughts On The Castle Doctrine?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do You Support The Castle Doctrine?

102 73.91%
  • Do You Oppose The Castle Doctrine?

1 0.72%
  • Do You Agree The Second Amendment IS Your Castle Doctrine?

73 52.90%
  • Do You Feel You Must Retreat Before DLP (Defense of Life, Property)?

1 0.72%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do You Support The Castle Doctrine?

Basically in Nevada, of which I am a resident...

If you come down your stairs in the middle of the night and somebody has your TV in his hands, you can pop-em without so much as a word...

The kicker is if he/she survives, tells a different story then you, and if he or his/her relatives want to take you to court civilly & often criminally; they can take every red-cent you will ever make the rest of your life... after you get out of jail for shooting said individual who was where he/she did not belong to begin with...

The generally accepted de facto Castle Doctrine is basically that you can take somebody out if they are in your house, your car or on your property, without a duty to retreat, warn or otherwise give the other individual the opportunity to do unto you before you can do unto them...
    Additionally, said low-life or individuals family can not come back after you civilly or criminally...
    E.G.:
    Castle Doctrine in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It was discussed briefly in a thread earlier this year with respect to Nevada's missing Castle Doctrine, and some good primary source links for further review if desired...
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/nevad...ne-nevada.html

And a blip on it in the RJ last year:
    EDITORIAL: Castle doctrine - Opinion - ReviewJournal.com

Nevada's self-defense statutes within one's home are so ambiguous and convoluted that experts on the subject of U.S. Castle Doctrine law state Nevada does not currently have anything resembling a Castle Doctrine Law...

Most Important to Note: Nevada has no "Civil Immunity"

Moral of the story? IF in Nevada, make sure they are facing you when popped, and inside the main structure of your house and they are dead, dead, dead...

We can most recently thank Judiciary Committee Chairman Bernie Anderson (D-Washoe #31) for letting his constituents and fellow Nevadans down... AB-288 (2009 Session Nevada Legislature) because much like Prince Harry Reid is doing to us now with ObamaCare (11 days and counting with no Republican's being let in the closed door meetings) Gun Ban Bernie Anderson refused to let AB-288 be heard...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

3. Very surprised that New York has the CD but in the city unable to defend yourself as they make it so difficult to obtain any type of long gun and even more more to legally own a handgun. I am so sick of the people who say self defense is not justified when you take a life. If not then your the victim.

The pluses to Florida's CD are:
    1) it extends to your vehicle
    2) it makes you immune to Civil cases brought by the victim or their family - some POS lawyer looking for a quick buck off me for defending my home.

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    The pluses to Florida's CD are:
    1) it extends to your vehicle
    2) it makes you immune to Civil cases brought by the victim or their family - some POS lawyer looking for a quick buck off me for defending my home.
    Except IF you work at or visit Disney World...

Apparently the Second Amendment does not exist at Disney World...

Boycott Disney Theme Parks & Products World Wide Till They Change Their Anti-Second Amendment Position...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

I believe the 2A is my CD. but seeing as how politics rule now I am happy to have CD in my state.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Here in Ohio, you have "the duty to retreat". Also, you must have the belief that death or serious bodily harm for yourself or and other. In other words if someone breaks in and tells you "I'm not going to hurt you, just here for the tv," you have to leave the room and call the cops.

Quote Originally Posted by LGH View Post
    Here in Ohio, you have "the duty to retreat". Also, you must have the belief that death or serious bodily harm for yourself or and other. In other words if someone breaks in and tells you "I'm not going to hurt you, just here for the tv," you have to leave the room and call the cops.
    Then in my opinion, its going to be a dead perps word against mine...

Dead men tell no lies...

Can you say "throw-down piece"?

Here in Texas we have "a duty" to kill the scum bag. Did I say kill? I meant terminate the threat.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Except IF you work at or visit Disney World...

Apparently the Second Amendment does not exist at Disney World...

Boycott Disney Theme Parks & Products World Wide Till They Change Their Anti-Second Amendment Position...
    There private property and they have the right to deny RKBA, so Boycott them all.
    NRA-ILA :: National Organizations With Anti-Gun Policies

I haven't bought or worn a pair of Levis for over 20 years.
    I don't buy Sara Lee, Earthgrains, Sprint, Hallmark, or Ben & Jerrys

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast