Do You Support The Castle Doctrine? - Page 4

View Poll Results: What Are Your Thoughts On The Castle Doctrine?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do You Support The Castle Doctrine?

102 73.91%
  • Do You Oppose The Castle Doctrine?

1 0.72%
  • Do You Agree The Second Amendment IS Your Castle Doctrine?

73 52.90%
  • Do You Feel You Must Retreat Before DLP (Defense of Life, Property)?

1 0.72%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do You Support The Castle Doctrine?

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Now we are getting somewhere!

"Congress has no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... the unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." - Tench Coxe 1789

The Castle Doctrine in my view is ambiguous with 2a...

Its Superfluous...

2a = bat, firearm, bazooka, f-14 tomcat... whatever...

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the Body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind . . . Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."
    --Thomas Jefferson, Letter to his nephew Peter Carr, August 19, 1785.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --Thomas Jefferson, quoting Cesare Beccaria in On Crimes and Punishment (1764).

Disambiguate the Second Amendment Should Be The Mantra...

By Eliminating the 20,000 and counting ambiguous laws making the unambiguous Second Amendment Ambiguous...

Time To Take A Stand...

Good post, Behemian, to a good point, FN1910!

Reap the Vision...
    ...Mike

I support any law that helps solidify 2A protected rights. The 2A can be read in many ways, as the anti's can show you, and anything that increases protection is a good thing.

The clue to the NY Law is to stick a Bic Lighter in their hand after you shoot them. Then tell the cop you prevented him from committing arson. Gotta love NY State!

anyone who is from arkansas should contact you state legislature and demand that a castle doctorine be passed, i am disabled and can't run. and in my home i WILL not retreat!

POLL FYI: Multiple Choice Allowed...

Castle Doctrine in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Castle Doctrine is a legal concept that holds that a person's place of residence is a place where a person enjoys protection from illegal trespassing and violent attack, and thus, has the legal right to employ the use of deadly force in the event of violent attack by an intruder or an intrusion that may lead to deadly attack or is undertaken with another felonious intent.

What are your thoughts on the Castle Doctrine? Do you support it or are you opposed to it?

A map of states that currently have some form of the castle doctrine:

Props To Related Thread:
    Castle Doctrine
    Also part of Kansas Castle Doctrine [several different scetions of law really] is protection from civil law suits.
    Castle Doctrine places a burden on the State to prove you were not justified, rather than the burden being on you to prove your use of force was justified.
    Once3 that justification applies a home-powner or store customer cannot be sued by the injured criminal or their survivors.
    The people think the Second Amendment protects their rights;
    Government sees an obstacle to be over-come.
    NRA Life since 1966

Better Judged by 12 than carried by 6...
    ..or live on your two knees.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

With the way this country is going, as it turns, if not already, into a one party fascist neo-nazi thug infested government, at this point in time, castle doctrine still can mean something to all of us who live in states where our homes and property are sacrosanct. When I watch shows like "cops" and witness the task force serving a search warrant I postively get sick. They mass at the door, yell search warrant as if the occupant should believe them or even hear them, and before the occupant can even take a breath and have a thought or even ask for an ID, they have knocked the door down and rampaged into the house with guns drawn---kids are screaming etc etc. Believe me, I have the utmost respect for LEOs and no respect whatsoever for the sleazebuckets inside these 100% predetermined "busts" that they televise but, in keeping with my views of our current government, I have definite fears that castle doctrine will mean nothing if the "cop show antics" are allowed to happen. I can see where the current FISA laws that allow secret warrants because of "national security" can be used by our current cast of nazi thugs to make sure you and I "disappear"--you know the guys with the guns, the guys with the NRA membership, the guys who despise the shithead in the white house, guys like me who happen to be not only non-moslem but jewish to boot. I have a close connection to the "sheep" led off to slaughter during the 1930s in nazi Germany and I will NOT let it happen to me. November, 2010 will be the beginning or the end for this country; either the citizens of this country will recognize evil, corruption, and collusion or they will not--I can hope they do---God Bless America.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234