No COLA in 2010 for military and Federal retirees
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No COLA in 2010 for military and Federal retirees

Exclamation No COLA in 2010 for military and Federal retirees

The Warner Robins Patriot - No COLA in 2010 for federal retirees

No COLA in 2010 for federal retirees
    by GENE RECTOR13 days ago | 72 views | 0 | 0 | | Federal retirees should expect no cost of living raise in 2010.

Raises are tied to consumer goods prices and those decreased rather than increased, according to a report in Air Force Times attributed to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

The move will affect retirees from the Federal Employment Retirement and Civil Service systems along with Social Security recipients. Military retirees can also expect no pay raise in 2010.

The Consumer Price Index, the baseline for annual changes in cost of living, fell 2.1 percent from the third quarter of 2008 to the third quarter of 2009, according to the Air Force Times report.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Another "Thanks for your service now please go away" from the current administration

4. Why do you need a cost of living increase when the cost of living, as determined by the Consumer Price Index, fell? Does that mean that you should give some money back? FYI, I am former Enlisted in the AF and my father is a 26 year AF retiree. I just don't understand why you think you should automatically get a COLA when the number that has been used for the last umpteen years to determine the cost of living decreased this year.
    "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by joespahr View Post
    Why do you need a cost of living increase when the cost of living, as determined by the Consumer Price Index, fell? Does that mean that you should give some money back? FYI, I am former Enlisted in the AF and my father is a 26 year AF retiree. I just don't understand why you think you should automatically get a COLA when the number that has been used for the last umpteen years to determine the cost of living decreased this year.
    Then again why does the government give tax refunds to some people on welfare that did not pay income tax? As far as the COLA for military I am not military but I do not understand where the government gets their figures that show the cost of living went down or stayed the same. Just about everything I buy is up. Guess that is some of that fuzzy math Heck just with the price increase of ammo and guns ever sense the Obamanation took office I should get a big COLA.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

6. Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Then again why does the government give tax refunds to some people on welfare that did not pay income tax? As far as the COLA for military I am not military but I do not understand where the government gets their figures that show the cost of living went down or stayed the same. Just about everything I buy is up. Guess that is some of that fuzzy math Heck just with the price increase of ammo and guns ever sense the Obamanation took office I should get a big COLA.
    I don't disagree with you. I'm just saying that if the system that has been agregating a COLA to you for years and years and years says that this year there isn't a COLA, it seems like an entitled mentality to complain that you don't get a COLA. I don't hear anyone complaining when they do get a COLA, even though a COLA is not guaranteed in any military retirement package. A COLA is not a right. That's all.
    "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"

While us retirees are getting pushed to the side, it's good to see active duty are still getting a raise. Let's see if the Obama administration tries to appease us by giving us a one time $250 payment.

Everyone that has served in the military deserves more then what they get. Please do not compare to those that pay no taxes and get refunds. That arguing will confuse the onlookers and you will certainly be put into the loony left redistribute the wealth Barry O'bama Kool-Aid drinkers! Not to offend anyone but do not need to sound anything like those "progressive" thinkers!

9. Social Security recipients no raise, but medicare goes up.

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    Everyone that has served in the military deserves more then what they get. Please do not compare to those that pay no taxes and get refunds. That arguing will confuse the onlookers and you will certainly be put into the loony left redistribute the wealth Barry O'bama Kool-Aid drinkers! Not to offend anyone but do not need to sound anything like those "progressive" thinkers!
    If you will read the post again it was pointing out that on one hand the government shafts those that serve and put their lives on the line while at the same time giving money in a lot of cases to shiftless people that want to live of the backs of the middle class taxpayers. Those that deserve it don't get it those that don't deserve it do. An example of how screwed up the system is.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I agree with you HK! Didn't want to single you out because I enjoy your informational posts. Should have just said... be careful how and what we complain about here. I (some nerve huh!) hold the posters here to a higher standard then the liberal individual posters that give support to the erosion of our rights and liberty with no clue at all. You have made a valid point of the lack of fairness. Just point out that what is deserved is because of the positive efforts of individuals and not just because of their mere existance. Just don't want to be like those non contributing complainers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast