Can temp workers own guns? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Can temp workers own guns?

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-...Cite:+18USC922

    Title 18, USC Chapter 44, Section 922

    "...
    (2) Exceptions.--Subsections (d)(5)(B), (g)(5)(B), and
    (s)(3)(B)(v)(II) do not apply to any alien who has been lawfully
    admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa, if that
    alien is--
    (A) admitted to the United States for lawful hunting or
    sporting purposes or is in possession of a hunting license or
    permit lawfully issued in the United States;
    ..."

    Thus in this case, a Hunting License WILL allow you to buy and own a firearm...

    Short answer is if you are going to Arizona or Texas, once you have become a resident of said state following a 90 day interval, you can buy any firearm lawful to own in this Country or applicable State, including but not limited to a semi-auto ak-47 variant. Some States, Counties, Cities and other Municipalities have various waiting periods for handgun purchases, which vary from 3 days to 2 weeks; I know of none for rifles...

    While you are waiting for the 90 days to pass you can take the hunter education class required to get a hunting license; here is the specifics for Arizona... Hunter Education

    You likely will not be able to take said firearm back to your own Country, upon your return if your Country does not permit such things, I noticed that you noted you were from Australia, it is my understanding that very few if any firearm ownership is allowed any longer there due to liberal left wing politicians that your fellow countrymen have failed to fire yet...

    Sounds like you guys are long overdue for a Revolution...
    Take your Country and Rights back...

    YouTube - Gun bans - Don't think it can happen, watch

    YouTube - England Gun Ban Update

    YouTube- Gun Control in Canada

    Thanks for the info :) I'll get all this done while I'm over there, as for the weapons I'll have to sell it all before I come back here...unless I meet a nice girl and end up getting married + getting a green card or file for a skilled worker green card (it's a long and tedious process), and yes Australia does need a revolution, there's too many lefty's here that need to be dealt with.

    Thanks again everyone for the infomation

  2.   
  3. #12
    A green card holder here is assachusetts asked me the other day if I would give him a gun permit. I told him I don't give gun permits. just safety course certificates. He said, he already got one from a town cop for $25. huh? Makes me wonder.

    Anyway, I looked up the state law and the answer was pretty clear that he couldn't own a gun unless he was a citizen. With some exceptions. Sheesh.

    US gun laws for non-citizens

    So a few days later, he told me he called someone at the state level and they said he could own a rifle or shotgun , but not a pistol.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

  4. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by OldOwl View Post
    A green card holder here is assachusetts asked me the other day if I would give him a gun permit. I told him I don't give gun permits. just safety course certificates. He said, he already got one from a town cop for $25. huh? Makes me wonder.

    Anyway, I looked up the state law and the answer was pretty clear that he couldn't own a gun unless he was a citizen. With some exceptions. Sheesh.

    US gun laws for non-citizens

    So a few days later, he told me he called someone at the state level and they said he could own a rifle or shotgun , but not a pistol.
    No such restriction...

    We have so many fricking gun laws, the guys enforcing them don't know them...

    http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-...Cite:+18USC922

    Title 18, USC Chapter 44, Section 922

    "...
    (2) Exceptions.--Subsections (d)(5)(B), (g)(5)(B), and
    (s)(3)(B)(v)(II) do not apply to any alien who has been lawfully
    admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa, if that
    alien is--
    (A) admitted to the United States for lawful hunting or
    sporting purposes or is in possession of a hunting license or
    permit lawfully issued in the United States;
    ..."


    We need to repeal all the fricking gun laws in the entire country and go back to the Unabridged Second Amendment...
    You can't get any more unambiguous than "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"

    "The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

  5. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    No such restriction...

    We have so many fricking gun laws, the guys enforcing them don't know them...

    http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-...Cite:+18USC922

    Title 18, USC Chapter 44, Section 922

    "...
    (2) Exceptions.--Subsections (d)(5)(B), (g)(5)(B), and
    (s)(3)(B)(v)(II) do not apply to any alien who has been lawfully
    admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa, if that
    alien is--
    (A) admitted to the United States for lawful hunting or
    sporting purposes or is in possession of a hunting license or
    permit lawfully issued in the United States;
    ..."


    We need to repeal all the fricking gun laws in the entire country and go back to the Unabridged Second Amendment...
    You can't get any more unambiguous than "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"
    You lost me. "No such restriction" as what? The constitution gives sovereignty to the states. They have a right to make up their own laws. Prostitution is legal in Nevada, but try it here. The law is MA is how I said. I'm not saying I agree with it. But that's the way it is. And I suppose I can see where it should apply. I mean, if I want to go to New Zealand to hunt deer, I should be able to have a gun there. I suppose the same should apply here. So, the reason for them saying he can't have a pistol is because, you can't hunt with a pistol in MA. Matter of fact it's illegal to carry one with you while hunting, period.


    Go To:
    Next Section
    Previous Section
    Chapter Table of Contents
    MGL Search Page
    General Court Home
    Mass.gov


    PART I. ADMINISTRATION OF THE GOVERNMENT

    TITLE XX. PUBLIC SAFETY AND GOOD ORDER

    CHAPTER 140. LICENSES

    EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES

    SALE OF FIREARMS

    Chapter 140: Section 131H. Ownership or possession of firearms by aliens; penalties; seizure and disposition

    Section 131H. No alien shall own or have in his possession or under his control a firearm except as provided in section one hundred and thirty-one F or a rifle or shotgun except as provided in this section or section one hundred and thirty-one F. The colonel of the state police may, after an investigation, issue a permit to an alien to own or have in his possession or under his control a rifle or shotgun; subject to such terms and conditions as said colonel may deem proper. The fee for the permit shall be $100, which shall be payable to the licensing authority and shall not be prorated or refunded in case of revocation or denial. The licensing authority shall retain $25 of the fee; $50 of the fee shall be deposited into the general fund of the commonwealth; and $25 of the fee shall be deposited in the Firearms Fingerprint Identity Verification Trust Fund. Upon issuing such permit said colonel shall so notify, in writing, the chief of police or the board or officer having control of the police in the city or town in which such alien resides. Each such permit card shall expire at twelve midnight on December thirty-first next succeeding the effective date of said permit, and shall be revocable for cause by said colonel. In case of revocation, the fee for such permit shall not be prorated or refunded. Whenever any such permit is revoked, said colonel shall give notification as hereinbefore provided. The permit issued to an alien under this section shall be subject to sections one hundred and twenty-nine B and one hundred and twenty-nine C except as otherwise provided by this section.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

  6. #15
    This is the applicable Federal binding law of the land...

    Title 18 United States Code, Chapter 44, Section 922...

    There are no restrictions on type of firearm, other than the current federal restrictions, none of which are handguns...

    Bottom line Federal Law States Resident Aliens Can Purchase Firearms, Including Handguns...

    http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-...Cite:+18USC922

    Title 18, USC Chapter 44, Section 922

    "...
    (2) Exceptions.--Subsections (d)(5)(B), (g)(5)(B), and
    (s)(3)(B)(v)(II) do not apply to any alien who has been lawfully
    admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa, if that
    alien is--
    (A) admitted to the United States for lawful hunting or
    sporting purposes or is in possession of a hunting license or
    permit lawfully issued in the United States;
    ..."


    Supported by the "Supremacy Clause" of the U.S. Constitution, which is basically, if there is a conflict between a Federal Law & a State Law the Federal Law wins...

    The States gave up the right to sovereignty with the re-construction (Post Civil War) amendments, including but not limited to the 14th Amendment... In fact Nevada could not join the Union without making that concession...

    With the exception of Texas whom carefully enumerated, and unconditionally retained that right in their agreement to join the Union, and it is also in their State Constitution.

    This is why so many states are trying to get a de facto 9th-10th amendment ruling from SCOTUS on State Sovereignty Rights...

    "Sovereignty is the quality of having supreme, independent authority over a territory; Complete independence and self-government"

    McDonald v. Chicago may end up being a step in the right direction, IF SCOTUS actually says unambiguously that the Second Amendment applies to States, Counties, Cities and other municipalities...

    They will no longer be able to prohibit handguns or other firearms currently allowed under federal statutes...

    Perhaps, this will finally put an end to the foolishness in California, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, Hawaii and elsewhere that the "Unabridged Second Amendment does not exist...

    Another interesting, related tidbit...
    GUN RIGHTS GROUPS SUE WASHINGTON STATE TO PROTECT ALIEN RESIDENTS
    The Second Amendment Foundation, joined by the National Rifle Association, has filed a lawsuit in federal court against the State of Washington, seeking to overturn a state law that discriminates against legal resident aliens who own firearms by violating their Second Amendment rights under the equal protections affirmed by the 14th Amendment.
    The SAF/NRA suit is joined by three legal resident aliens who face loss of
    jobs and firearms collections, and possible prosecution for owning a gun for self defense when their current Alien Firearms Licenses (AFL) expire. Under a statute unique to Washington State, aliens must possess an AFL to legally possess firearms.
    “Forty-nine other states feel no compulsion to require such alien licenses,”
    a SAF news release stated. “Washington State should be no different. This discriminatory law must not be allowed to stand.”

    "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." - Declaration of Independence

    We should never allow it to be said or stand that any individual, not incarcerated, does not have the unconditional right to defend themselves by any means necessary, using equal or greater force than that which may be brought against them...

    "The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

  7. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    This is the applicable Federal binding law of the land...

    Title 18 United States Code, Chapter 44, Section 922...

    There are no restrictions on type of firearm, other than the current federal restrictions, none of which are handguns...

    Bottom line Federal Law States Resident Aliens Can Purchase Firearms, Including Handguns...

    http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-...Cite:+18USC922

    Title 18, USC Chapter 44, Section 922

    "...
    (2) Exceptions.--Subsections (d)(5)(B), (g)(5)(B), and
    (s)(3)(B)(v)(II) do not apply to any alien who has been lawfully
    admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa, if that
    alien is--
    (A) admitted to the United States for lawful hunting or
    sporting purposes or is in possession of a hunting license or
    permit lawfully issued in the United States;
    ..."


    Supported by the "Supremacy Clause" of the U.S. Constitution, which is basically, if there is a conflict between a Federal Law & a State Law the Federal Law wins...

    The States gave up the right to sovereignty with the re-construction (Post Civil War) amendments, including but not limited to the 14th Amendment... In fact Nevada could not join the Union without making that concession...

    With the exception of Texas whom carefully enumerated, and unconditionally retained that right in their agreement to join the Union, and it is also in their State Constitution.

    This is why so many states are trying to get a de facto 9th-10th amendment ruling from SCOTUS on State Sovereignty Rights...

    "Sovereignty is the quality of having supreme, independent authority over a territory; Complete independence and self-government"

    McDonald v. Chicago may end up being a step in the right direction, IF SCOTUS actually says unambiguously that the Second Amendment applies to States, Counties, Cities and other municipalities...

    They will no longer be able to prohibit handguns or other firearms currently allowed under federal statutes...

    Perhaps, this will finally put an end to the foolishness in California, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, Hawaii and elsewhere that the "Unabridged Second Amendment does not exist...

    Another interesting, related tidbit...
    GUN RIGHTS GROUPS SUE WASHINGTON STATE TO PROTECT ALIEN RESIDENTS
    The Second Amendment Foundation, joined by the National Rifle Association, has filed a lawsuit in federal court against the State of Washington, seeking to overturn a state law that discriminates against legal resident aliens who own firearms by violating their Second Amendment rights under the equal protections affirmed by the 14th Amendment.
    The SAF/NRA suit is joined by three legal resident aliens who face loss of
    jobs and firearms collections, and possible prosecution for owning a gun for self defense when their current Alien Firearms Licenses (AFL) expire. Under a statute unique to Washington State, aliens must possess an AFL to legally possess firearms.
    “Forty-nine other states feel no compulsion to require such alien licenses,”
    a SAF news release stated. “Washington State should be no different. This discriminatory law must not be allowed to stand.”

    "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." - Declaration of Independence

    We should never allow it to be said or stand that any individual, not incarcerated, does not have the unconditional right to defend themselves by any means necessary, using equal or greater force than that which may be brought against them...
    Bottom Line is not a lot of states follow what the Fed law says in this case. You can not own a gun in some states if you are a temp worker or alien. As I think it should be! Unless you come into the US for a hunting trip what real need do you have to own a firearm? They are not US citizens and as such should not be afforded the rights US citizens are entitled to. If a US citizen went to another country and tried to damned the same rights as citizens of that country we would be laughed out of the country and or thrown in jail. Sorry but to come to a country and damn rights is just nuts when our own citizens cant even have the rights they are entitled to under our laws. To give temp workers and legal/illegal aliens those rights is straight up bull ****. Let them put in the time go through the steps become Legal US CITIZENS! then let them own guns.

    THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

  8. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Bottom Line is not a lot of states follow what the Fed law says in this case. You can not own a gun in some states if you are a temp worker or alien. As I think it should be! Unless you come into the US for a hunting trip what real need do you have to own a firearm? They are not US citizens and as such should not be afforded the rights US citizens are entitled to. If a US citizen went to another country and tried to damned the same rights as citizens of that country we would be laughed out of the country and or thrown in jail. Sorry but to come to a country and damn rights is just nuts when our own citizens cant even have the rights they are entitled to under our laws. To give temp workers and legal/illegal aliens those rights is straight up bull ****. Let them put in the time go through the steps become Legal US CITIZENS! then let them own guns.
    I will agree to disagree on all counts except illegal aliens...

    The Federal Law of the land is clear...

    Legal Resident Aliens can own any currently legal firearms, IF they have a hunting license OR a state issued firearms permit...
    They do not have to be here specifically on a hunting trip...

    And the original question was specific to Texas & Arizona, whom have no laws in violation of the Federal Law of the Land that prevent Legal Resident Aliens from buying any currently legal type of firearm...

    Further, while there is currently no federal law setting any criteria limitations of firearm permits, just about any state or municipality that does not allow its residents, including legal resident aliens, to purchase a firearm under the federal guidelines, either is already waiting for the court case against them to get to court or soon will be... SAF, NRA and GOA is all over this one already...
    That is why D.C. since the SCOTUS Heller Decision has changed their firearm laws at least once a month since; in a effort to get around the decision... they are quickly running out of options...

    Unless ObamaCare passes than that will be the back-door to total Guns & Ammo prohibition for the Feds & the States...

    Shall Issue and May Issue Currently apply to concealed firearm permits only...

    I am of the Ted Nugent school of thought...

    "The Second Amendment IS my Concealed Carry Permit" - Ted Nugent

    I suggest everybody get with their State Legislators: (http://www.capwiz.com/nra/dbq/officials/) and get your State Sovereignty & Unconditional Firearms Freedom Acts rolling...

    Tenth Amendment Center|Working to limit the power of the federal government

    "The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

  9. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    I will agree to disagree on all counts except illegal aliens...

    The Federal Law of the land is clear...

    Legal Resident Aliens can own any currently legal firearms, IF they have a hunting license OR a state issued firearms permit...
    They do not have to be here specifically on a hunting trip...

    And the original question was specific to Texas & Arizona, whom have no laws in violation of the Federal Law of the Land that prevent Legal Resident Aliens from buying any currently legal type of firearm...

    Further, while there is currently no federal law setting any criteria limitations of firearm permits, just about any state or municipality that does not allow its residents, including legal resident aliens, to purchase a firearm under the federal guidelines, either is already waiting for the court case against them to get to court or soon will be... SAF, NRA and GOA is all over this one already...
    That is why D.C. since the SCOTUS Heller Decision has changed their firearm laws at least once a month since; in a effort to get around the decision... they are quickly running out of options...

    Unless ObamaCare passes than that will be the back-door to total Guns & Ammo prohibition for the Feds & the States...

    Shall Issue and May Issue Currently apply to concealed firearm permits only...

    I am of the Ted Nugent school of thought...

    "The Second Amendment IS my Concealed Carry Permit" - Ted Nugent

    I suggest everybody get with their State Legislators: (http://www.capwiz.com/nra/dbq/officials/) and get your State Sovereignty & Unconditional Firearms Freedom Acts rolling...

    Tenth Amendment Center|Working to limit the power of the federal government
    That same law that like to keep posting also goes on to say this at the bottom of it.

    Further, nonimmigrant aliens should be aware that there are often state and local regulations on gun sale and ownership for nonimmigrants. FFL dealers may be unaware of the exceptions and requirements. So, nonimmigrant aliens should understand and comply with all federal and local laws and regulations before purchasing or owning a gun. It is also important to note that there are special requirements for removing a firearm from the U.S.
    Also goes on to say they are only allowed to buy a firearm from a FFL. As our own government likes to say 'Laws can be changed if needed". While there are some groups pushing the matter (NRA and other groups) it's a two way street and with enough pressure from the other side laws can be changed to close the hole and keep aliens from owning firearms. I have no problem with them coming into the us on a hunting trip as many do and as we do in their country.

    THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

  10. #19
    [QUOTE=S&WM&P40;98509...[/QUOTE]

    I am not trying to start a beef with you but...

    Exactly where in...
    Title 18 United States Code, Chapter 44, Section 922...
    http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-...Cite:+18USC922

    is any of the stuff you just enumerated exist?

    unless your paraphrasing, I do not see anything resembling an exact quote in the applicable Federal Law of the Land, that you are referring too...

    I also do not see it as a hole in allowing a "Legal Resident Alien" to purchase a firearm...
    Just how can you or anyone justify that anybody has less of a right to defend their lives, that of their family's, etc., by any means necessary using equal or greater force than may be brought against them?

    There are only a handful of instances in the Constitution where a non-citizen does not have the same inherit rights that citizens do; The Second Amendment is not one of them...

    It can and has however, been construed to mean that the bill of rights only applies to law-abiding individuals, regardless of citizenship; this effectively eliminates Illegal Aliens from buying firearms...
    Personally I think only those individuals that are currently incarcerated, and thus whose protection of life & limb is the sole responsibility of the incarcerating entity... should be prevented from buying firearms.

    A phone call request for the FFL to contact the BATFE regarding any disagreement with what Title 18 United States Code, Chapter 44, Section 922 actually refers to Legal Resident Alien wise is typically all it takes...

    Again, specifically in Texas & Arizona, (The Question Asked) the only requirements for firearm ownership are once State Residency is established for the Legal Resident Alien, they only need to purchase a hunting license in order to purchase a firearm for the duration of their residency.

    "The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

  11. #20
    [QUOTE=S&WM&P40;98484]Bottom Line is not a lot of states follow what the Fed law says in this case. You can not own a gun in some states if you are a temp worker or alien. As I think it should be! Unless you come into the US for a hunting trip what real need do you have to own a firearm? They are not US citizens and as such should not be afforded the rights US citizens are entitled to. If a US citizen went to another country and tried to damned the same rights as citizens of that country we would be laughed out of the country and or thrown in jail. Sorry but to come to a country and damn rights is just nuts when our own citizens cant even have the rights they are entitled to under our laws. To give temp workers and legal/illegal aliens those rights is straight up bull ****. Let them put in the time go through the steps become Legal US CITIZENS! then let them own guns.[/QUOTE

    the only way I could get a green card is to
    1. Get married (I'm a boring person)
    2. Invest a 1 000 000 bucks into a business (where the **** will I get 1million???)

    As for citizenship, I'd have to join the Marines or Navy (apparently non citizens & non greencarders can join)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast