Can temp workers own guns?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can temp workers own guns?

Question Can temp workers own guns?

I'm eligible to get a H2B work visa & all I need is a sponsor, but I need to know if temporary workers can buy firearms? I was thinking about going to Arizona or Texas.

From what a gun store owner just told me the other day, the short and simple answer you are looking for is "no".
    Gun control: Forcing a 95lb woman to fist fight a 300lb rapist

It should be noted that legal resident aliens CAN purchase and possess firearms in the United States...

(See Title 18, USC Chapter 44, Section 922, part (y)(2) for details.)

Green-card holders and immigrant aliens who do not yet have their green card are both okay under federal law, although many people (including gun dealers, law enforcement officers, etc.) are not aware of the distinction or the hunting license exception, and erroneously think that either you have a green card, or you can't have guns.
    Also, non-citizen cannot purchase a firearm from a federally licensed firerams dealer unless they have been a resident of their state for 90 days. So, no, tourists on short visits cannot walk into guns stores to get "protection" during their trip. Sorry. (I've been asked that multiple times.)

Read More At...
    US gun laws for non-citizens

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    It should be noted that legal resident aliens CAN purchase and possess firearms in the United States...

(See Title 18, USC Chapter 44, Section 922, part (y)(2) for details.)

Green-card holders and immigrant aliens who do not yet have their green card are both okay under federal law, although many people (including gun dealers, law enforcement officers, etc.) are not aware of the distinction or the hunting license exception, and erroneously think that either you have a green card, or you can't have guns.
    Also, non-citizen cannot purchase a firearm from a federally licensed firerams dealer unless they have been a resident of their state for 90 days. So, no, tourists on short visits cannot walk into guns stores to get "protection" during their trip. Sorry. (I've been asked that multiple times.)

Read More At...
    US gun laws for non-citizens
    Thanks for the info, It looks like I'll be arming myself with a crossbow & machete for the first 90 days if that's correct or do I need a license for those too?

Quote Originally Posted by StuartB View Post
    Thanks for the info, It looks like I'll be arming myself with a crossbow & machete for the first 90 days if that's correct or do I need a license for those too?
    Only in California, Massachusetts, New Jersey and New York, with a thumbprint, retinal scan, DNA sample and your first born...

Just kidding...

That stuff is typically available over the counter at any Walmart or Sporting goods store, gun show, etc.

You mentioned going to Arizona or Texas, both are great states for firearm owners...

Enjoy.

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Are there only few types of weapons I cant get with the hunting license? am I able to get a semi-auto AK-47?

Are there only few types of weapons I cant get with the hunting license? am I able to get a semi-auto AK-47?
    Hunting and Fishing licenses are two different licenses one allows you to go hunting and the other allows you to go fishing. They do not allow you to buy firearms or own them. To get a hunting license you have to take a hunters education class and then a test if you pass they give you a orange card that you have to show when you buy your hunting license. You only have to do this if it's your first time buying a hunting license. The class is good for life but if your going hunting for bow season you have to take a bow hunters education class and pass that as well before you can get your bow hunters license. When your legal and able to buy guns legally depending on the state you can buy a semi-auto AK-47 by going to your local gun store doing the paper work and passing the Federal back ground check and walk out of the store same day with the gun. Some states you have to apply for a FID card and be approved and have your FID card before you can even buy a firearm. Not sure how all that works as my state does not do all that crap. The fishing part is no problem just go to any sporting goods store and pay the fee and they will give you one. You can get a day license or a season license it's really easy and depending on the store really fast. But it's only good in that state and you will need to apply for another one if you want to fish in another state or risk being arrested and having your gear taken away. Some of the information may have changed and I'M sure other members will add on to what I have posted.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-...Cite:+18USC922

Title 18, USC Chapter 44, Section 922

"...
    (2) Exceptions.--Subsections (d)(5)(B), (g)(5)(B), and
    (s)(3)(B)(v)(II) do not apply to any alien who has been lawfully
    admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa, if that
    alien is--
    (A) admitted to the United States for lawful hunting or
    sporting purposes or is in possession of a hunting license or
    permit lawfully issued in the United States;
    ..."

Thus in this case, a Hunting License WILL allow you to buy and own a firearm...

Short answer is if you are going to Arizona or Texas, once you have become a resident of said state following a 90 day interval, you can buy any firearm lawful to own in this Country or applicable State, including but not limited to a semi-auto ak-47 variant. Some States, Counties, Cities and other Municipalities have various waiting periods for handgun purchases, which vary from 3 days to 2 weeks; I know of none for rifles...

While you are waiting for the 90 days to pass you can take the hunter education class required to get a hunting license; here is the specifics for Arizona... Hunter Education

You likely will not be able to take said firearm back to your own Country, upon your return if your Country does not permit such things, I noticed that you noted you were from Australia, it is my understanding that very few if any firearm ownership is allowed any longer there due to liberal left wing politicians that your fellow countrymen have failed to fire yet...

Sounds like you guys are long overdue for a Revolution...
    Take your Country and Rights back...

YouTube - Gun bans - Don't think it can happen, watch

YouTube - England Gun Ban Update

YouTube- Gun Control in Canada

Temporary workers can only purchase temporary guns. j/k

If you are coming to Texas, and you are welcome to come here, you can get a combination hunting and fishing license. As far as the hunter safty courses go, it depends on when you were born as to if you have to have one but you can get a one year exemption and still get a license. Come on down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast