Hasan should be charged with a hate crime!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hasan should be charged with a hate crime!

Hasan should be charged with a hate crime!

If Christians can be charged with hate crimes just because they speak out in protest against abortion or amoral life styles why should Hasan not be charged with the same? Oh I forget. The old double standard.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Actually - My question is why is he not being charged with Treason.
    He shot troops preparing to go into battle to defend our country... Sounds like treason to me..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

No. Regardless of who the perpetrator or victim is, "hate crime" laws establish a heirarchy of humans, dictating who is better or worse. A crime is a crime. Motivation is irrelevant. He is a domestic terrorist that committed murder and treason. As a military officer, murdering in an active-duty status on a military installation, he is subject to the UCMJ. The punishment WILL fit the crime. I just hope the UCMJ still prescribes hanging by the neck until dead or a firing squad. I think it would be a travesty to turn him over to the Texas dept of corrections to stick a needle in his arm.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

5. Quote Originally Posted by PascalFleischman View Post
    No. Regardless of who the perpetrator or victim is, "hate crime" laws establish a heirarchy of humans, dictating who is better or worse. A crime is a crime. Motivation is irrelevant. He is a domestic terrorist that committed murder and treason. As a military officer, murdering in an active-duty status on a military installation, he is subject to the UCMJ. The punishment WILL fit the crime. I just hope the UCMJ still prescribes hanging by the neck until dead or a firing squad. I think it would be a travesty to turn him over to the Texas dept of corrections to stick a needle in his arm.
    I totally agree. This guy should not get anywhere near a civilian court. The entire proceeding should be dealt with by the military. And yes, if found guilty he should be executed according to the articles of the UCMJ.
    I understand what HK4U is saying though, that hate crime BS is one of the biggest shell game frauds ever perpetrated.

Quote Originally Posted by PascalFleischman View Post
    . I just hope the UCMJ still prescribes hanging by the neck until dead or a firing squad. I think it would be a travesty to turn him over to the Texas dept of corrections to stick a needle in his arm.
    Hanging would be great if televised..
    A quick shove out the back door of a C130 would be just fine with me..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

In response to HK, although this act fits the definition of a hate crime as defined by law, when was the last time you saw a non-white, non-Christian, or gay person charged with a hate crime? Unfortunately, although individuals in these "protected groups" also commit crimes motivated by "hatred," they're never prosecuted like white, Christian, moral crusaders are.
    I've always felt that murder and other crimes, whether motivated by jealousy, anger, or hate, the victim is just as dead regardless. Why should one motivating factor make it worse than any others?
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

8. The thing is, no one is quick to point out a crime that is heavily fueled by hate unless race is involved. Believe me there was hate there that fateful day

9. Quote Originally Posted by PascalFleischman View Post
    How about a rusty, bent Texas needle?

Exclamation Let the punishment fit the crime

Give him to he Cherokee women...It will take him two weeks to die
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    I've always felt that murder and other crimes, whether motivated by jealousy, anger, or hate, the victim is just as dead regardless. Why should one motivating factor make it worse than any others?
    So they can start applying it to speech and not criminal activity..
    So let say a pastor quoting a Chapter in Romans, which speaks against Homosexuality, and he expounds upon what the Bible says, can be legally silenced and if it happens again, arrest them..

The only thing worse than telling a lie is silencing the truth.. If nobody is allowed to say what is true, then the lie becomes the norm and acceptable...

I am NOT bashing against gays here.. I am only stating what has happened in other countries that have passed Hate crime laws..
    I think (personal opinion) if you're a man and you want to live with another man (woman/woman) - Hey, it's a free country...
    I think telling me or someone else that they can't say it's wrong, is an infringement on 1st amendment rights and should not be tolerated, no matter how you cloak it..
    (IMHO)

Off my soap box..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast